Bottled Dreams 06

Bottled Dreams

Junmyeon and Luhan are spending the morning at the company studio when Junmyeon receives a message from Sehun. Sehun is asking for their schedule since he is planning to spend his birthday at their guest house and he wants them to be there aside from Kyungsoo and Jongin.

Junmyeon presses call and waits for Sehun to pick it up.

“Hi,” Sehun answers the call with Jongin and Kyungsoo’s voices at the background.

“Jongin go die in a fire you dimwit!”

“Oh no Kyungsoo I will not die alone I will drag you to hell with me!”

“Uh, Sehun why are they arguing like that?” Junmyeon asks but Luhan just laughs since the other line is on loudspeaker. Luhan is actually at the other side of the table with his music sheets scattered on the table trying to compose a song for their next single.

“This is normal and if you guys would actually spend— off Jongin stop touching me!” Sehun exclaims and Luhan just laughs his out since Junmyeon looks terrified.

“Sorry, hyung. As I was saying, if you will spend the short vacation with us on my birthday, you will see that this is normal not just for them, but for the three of us. Also hyung I just— Kyungsoo please get off me,” Sehun stops again and Junmyeon just shakes his head hearing how the younger people on the other line are playing like idiots.

“Just send me the details like how many days and all your plans then Luhan hyung and I will check our schedule and will see what we can do about it, alright?” Junmyeon says but before putting the phone down, Kyungsoo starts screaming.

“Can I talk to him? Just 5 seconds,” Kyungsoo states and Sehun gladly gives his phone to Kyungsoo.

“Junmyeon hyung?” Kyungsoo states in a very calm tone.

“Hi Kyungsoo! Do you miss hyung already?” Junmyeon asks and Luhan is now staring at him.

“I just want to hear your voice on the phone and yet look at you flirting with me,” Kyungsoo teases and starts laughing.

“How cute. Uh Kyungsoo, can I talk to Sehun again?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just drops a hold on before giving Sehun’s phone back.

“Are you guys at home?” Junmyeon questions.

“Yes, they are sleeping here tonight since its Sunday tomorrow. We are actually doing our assignments right now,” Sehun explains and Junmyeon just nods even though he cannot be seen by Sehun on the line.

“Can we sleep there too?” Luhan exclaims as he grabs the phone from Junmyeon’s hand. Junmyeon is now in shock, he doesn’t have an idea what Luhan is up to but it can be a fun night with them anyway.

“Hi hyung! Yes of course, I can always let you use the guest room. Besides, Jongin and Kyungsoo always sleeps in my room,” Sehun answers and a smirk surfaces Luhan’s face.

“We’re coming over after our meeting with the composer. Around three thirty in the afternoon perhaps?” Luhan states.

“Deal then! See you later!” Sehun exclaims and ends the call.

-

It is already half past 3 when Jongin and Sehun mutely steps out of the room. Kyungsoo is on the couch once again and is sleeping peacefully for approximately an hour already. Every time they do their homework together, Kyungsoo never fails to fall asleep right before he completely finishes his work. The doorbell rings and Jongin runs his way to the door to let Junmyeon and Luhan in.

Luhan asks help from Jongin to prepare the snacks they bought. Jongin still feels butterfly in his stomach every time Luhan is near him though it’s less awkward already because it’s actually the older one trying to reach out. Luhan is treating him like a little brother, and to be honest, Jongin is contented with that. Maybe.

Sehun is sitting comfortably at the couch watching a soccer game when Junmyeon jumps off his seat and asks where Kyungsoo is. After getting the reply from Sehun, Junmyeon goes up to where the little boy is. Junmyeon gets in the room as silent as he could and sees Kyungsoo at the same couch where he saw him a month back.

Junmyeon takes the comforter from Sehun’s bed and slowly puts in on Kyungsoo and he sits right there and just watch him sleep. Kyungsoo looks innocent, Junmyeon observes. He looks so serene while sleeping and Junmyeon just stops admiring the boy when a smile is already forming in his face. This is weird.

Junmyeon takes that opportunity to slightly touch Kyungsoo’s cheek using his knuckles. Kyungsoo moves a bit with the sensation and takes a deep breath and now he’s sleeping again. Junmyeon takes out his phone and take a few pictures of Kyungsoo and after getting a good shot, he sets it as his phone wallpaper. Junmyeon gently removes the strands of hair on Kyungsoo’s face but to his surprise, Kyungsoo’s eyes starts moving and he hurriedly gets up from his seat and jumps on Sehun’s bed, pretending like nothing just happened.

Kyungsoo opens his eyes as he yawns and takes his phone from his pocket to check the time. 4:32, the screen shows. He immediately gets up and an unexpected headache hits him from the sudden movement.

“Are you alright?” Junmyeon’s voice echoes the room.

“Oh, you’re here already. Where is Luhan hyung?” Kyungsoo curiously asks.

“Downstairs with Jongin, preparing food,” Junmyeon states but he cannot look straight into Kyungsoo’s eyes.

“Hyung is something wrong?” Kyungsoo wonders since Junmyeon cannot sit still on the bed.

“Nothing. Let’s go downstairs,” Junmyeon says and gets up from Sehun’s bed and stands at the door waiting for Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo gets up and fixes his shirt before heading out the door where Junmyeon is waiting for him. “You’re weird,” Kyungsoo states because Junmyeon is acting strange from the moment he wakes up.

“Kyungsoo, can I get your number?” Junmyeon suddenly asks before they can even reach the stairs.

“Excuse me?” Kyungsoo exclaims.

“Don’t be too picky, mister. I know you want to get my number as well,” Junmyeon teases then Kyungsoo starts blushing and from then, Junmyeon is now safe from all the hidden embarrassment he is suffering from after what he had been doing a few minutes earlier.

“Give me your phone then,” Kyungsoo demands and Junmyeon gladly gives it. Junmyeon is grinning stupidly when all of a sudden, Kyungsoo starts screaming. “What the is this, Junmyeon hyung!” Kyungsoo shouts and they both know that everyone at home heard him.

“Cute, right?” Junmyeon teasingly states after Kyungsoo sees how horrible his sleeping photo is on Junmyeon’s wallpaper.

-

Sehun is sitting alone on the small bench at the backyard and the other boys noticed how gloomy he looks. Junmyeon is about to go out when Kyungsoo volunteers to be the one to approach Sehun. As soon as Sehun sees Kyungsoo coming over, he smiles but bows his head, then looks up at Kyungsoo when the smaller boy is standing in front of him.

Sehun slides a bit to his left to make space for Kyungsoo, “Something bothering you?” Kyungsoo asks.

“I just feel bad,” Sehun starts admitting, “I’m sorry for keeping my relationship with Junmyeon hyung a secret to both you and Jongin,” Sehun states.

“That’s alright. But can you tell me why?” Kyungsoo requests and Sehun cannot just look at him. Sehun is really guilty for keeping it from his friends, though he knew he have reasons and it might sound stupid for some, but he cannot help but feel that way.

“I was scared that if you guys meet, you will leave me behind. The four of you are cool and awesome people and I think you all will get along so well and you know my insecurities, Kyungsoo. I’m very sorry,” Sehun apologizes and Kyungsoo just chuckles.

“Hey why do you feel that? Did Jongin and I ever made you feel this way before? We are best friends, and best friends stick together until the end,” Kyungsoo says and Sehun just pulls his friend for a hug.

Sehun’s insecurities never left. It has been there since he started going to school. He was bullied for being different, for having a disability, and from then he felt inferior from everyone. Junmyeon never failed to remind him every once in a while that he is special, that he is unique in his own way and everyone is like that, but Sehun will just nod and pretend that he understood what Junmyeon is trying to point out.

Luhan and Jongin goes to Sehun’s room to prepare the PS3 since during dinner, they have decided that they will just play the entire night. Meanwhile, Junmyeon stayed downstairs and is currently watching Sehun and Kyungsoo’s confrontation from the small window at the kitchen.

Junmyeon doesn’t have an idea why he is smiling, but he knows that seeing Sehun smile with Kyungsoo can make hime smile as well. Junmyeon is very protective of Sehun, just as much as how Kyungsoo cares for his best friend. Junmyeon and Sehun grew up together, but when Junmyeon informed Sehun that he needs to leave to reach for his dreams, Sehun cried and he was a total mess for a month.

Sehun had a hard time letting Junmyeon go, he doesn’t even had an idea how to start standing using his own feet, that if he gets in trouble, there is no more Junmyeon hyung to help, that if he needs someone to help him with assignment, there is no more Junmyeon hyung whom he can call at night to ask for help.

“You are a good boy and you will meet good friends, Sehun.” That was what Junmyeon told Sehun one night when Sehun called Junmyeon because he doesn’t have friends in school. Sehun whined how he eats alone, that no one wants to be his groupmate with projects that no one wants to give him a helping hand when he needs them. Sehun had a hard time surviving that school year and the year after that, he got moved to a different section where he met Kyungsoo and Jongin.

I got friends who are helping me in my new class and they are very cute too. I want you to meet them soon! Sehun onced texted Junmyeon and that night, even though Junmyeon haven’t met who Sehun’s friends were, he knew they are good enough for accepting Sehun for who he is.

Sehun is laughing as he opens the door and to their surprise, Junmyeon is sitting at the kitchen counter with a glass of orange juice in his hands.

“What are you doing there?” Sehun curiously asks.

“Watching you guys,” Junmyeon replies and Kyungsoo just laughs and walks his way upstairs.

“Sehun do you think Kyungsoo likes me in what way? Does he like me because I’m Junmyeon of Fly High, or do you think he likes me for being just, Kim Junmyeon?” Junmyeon asks and Sehun starts laughing really loud.

“You like him don’t you? Since we were kids you get attracted to cute people whether that person is a girl or a boy,” Sehun replies and Junmyeon puts his pointing finger on his lips for Sehun to lower his voice.

“Maybe? I don't really know, but I’m just happy that Kyungsoo helped you a lot while I’m away. I know Jongin helped you as well, but from what I can see, Kyungsoo takes care of you more,” Junmyeon observes and Sehun just nods in agreement. “So, answer my questions?” Junmyeon insists.

“How would he like you as Kim Junmyeon if you only met a month ago?” Sehun has a point, they only met a few weeks ago and actually just spent a few times together. “Kyungsoo is good for you, so if you like him then go for it. But hyung, please do not just like him because he likes you, or maybe because you you are happy that he helped me, and please not because he is your fan. He has a weak heart, he should never feel strong emotions,” Sehun states and Junmyeon is speechless.

“Kyungsoo have a heart complication. I don’t know all the details but he got that disease since he was a baby. I’m just giving you a slight background of what you are going to face in the future,” Sehun sounds really serious and worried about Kyungsoo’s condition.

“Sehun, are you serious about this or you’re playing a prank on me?” Junmyeon questions.

“I’m serious! Why would I joke about such thing? Hyung, Kyungsoo is perfect, though his mood swings are really crazy, and height wise he is short, but overall, he is one great person. If you will just play with him, don’t start. He took care of me as much as you did, and I promised him I will take care of him as well. So hyung, do not tell me now that you already like him because obviously you do not have enough reasons to like him yet. Tell me you like him if you get to know him as a person, not just by how I describe him, or how you see the relationship I have with him,” Sehun says.

“I’m really glad you have great friends to guide you as you grow up, Sehun. Don’t worry, I’ll keep everything in mind,” Junmyeon replies.

“Aren’t you guys done talking?” Luhan comes out from the dining area.

“We are about to go up,” Sehun answers and Junmyeon just replies with a smile as he drag Sehun out from the kitchen.

-

Sehun and Jongin are in one team while the other team consists of Luhan and Junmyeon. Kyungsoo is not really the type of person who likes playing computer games so he is on Sehun’s bed, browsing the internet.

They are playing basketball with Luhan and Junmyeon’s team leading by 14 points so Junmyeon excuses himself from the game for a while. Junmyeon opens the door since he is about to go downstairs to get chips and prepare a pitcher of juice for everyone but even before he can step out of the room, he closes it again.

“What’s wrong?” Kyungsoo asks a bit flailing inside because he knows Junmyeon is afraid of the dark and the image of scared Junmyeon is just adorable.

“Kyungsoo, I cannot bring the chips and drinks alone so can you help me?” Junmyeon’s reason is not convincing but Kyungsoo just gets off the bed and walks towards where Junmyeon is waiting. Besides, spending a few minutes with Junmyeon alone is not bad at all.

They step out of the room with Kyungsoo leading the way. It is dark at the hallway and while on their way to the staircase, the small bulb that only serves as their source of light goes off. Junmyeon’s hand automatically holds unto Kyungsoo’s and they are both just standing there in the dark.

“Hyung,” Kyungsoo says but Junmyeon holds him tighter. “I thought you’re not scared of the dark?” Kyungsoo teases.

“Shut up and find the light switch,” Junmyeon replies and Kyungsoo just giggles because first, Junmyeon is shaking and that alone is very cute, and second, he is holding Junmyeon’s hand.

“Holding my hand is not for free. I'm not that easy,” Kyungsoo says.

“Excuse me? I bet in one of those stars, you would like to hold my hand like this,Junmyeon replies and Kyungsoo is somehow glad that the lights are off because it would be very embarrassing if Junmyeon sees how his cheeks turn into a bright shade of pink.