Bottled Dreams 12

Bottled Dreams

Luhan is sitting at the terrace with his laptop and a few music sheets scattered across the table when Junmyeon quietly sits beside him. Luhan removes his earphones and places it on top of the table and takes the cup of coffee from Junmyeon’s hand.

“Almost done?” Junmyeon asks and checks the papers on the table. Luhan nods and gives the earphones to Junmyeon and he happily let his partner hear what he has been doing with Jongin for the past two nights.

“Wow I like this. Jongin helped with the chorus?” Junmyeon asks.

“He actually did the chorus. I’m done with the first and second paragraph but the chorus needs to be smoothly done and you know how the song needs to be catchy. To be honest, I do not even have an idea how the kid did it,” Luhan proudly compliments Jongin and from his tone of voice, he really admires how musically inclined Jongin is.

“By the way Junmyeon, Jongin told me that Kyungsoo can sing,” Luhan says and Junmyeon is quite amused and surprised at the new information he just heard. Besides, he told Kyungsoo that he have this entire lifetime to get to know him, and everyday, he will surely learn something new from and about Kyungsoo.

“Uh, guys aren’t you guys going to sleep? We are leaving before lunch tomorrow so I think we need to sleep now,” Jongin appears behind them with his sleepy eyes obvious from how he rubs his eyes.

“Alright. Kyungsoo is waiting for me at the room anyway. “Thank you for helping us, Jongin. It sounds great.” Junmyeon pats Jongin’s head and Jongin just bows as he accepts the compliment given.

-

Kyungsoo is packing all their things to his and Junmyeon’s bags when Junmyeon enters the room with a grin.

“Oh, Kyungsoo why are you packing my stuff? I can do that later,” Junmyeon says as he walks across the room to help Kyungsoo fold their clothes and other belongings.

“It’s just something I like doing. Ask Jongin and Sehun, they would agree.” Kyungsoo replies as he folds the unused shirts and separates the pile of used from the unused clothes on the bed.

“Well if I were you, I will just put everything on a bag and that’s it,” Junmyeon exclaims and rolls his used clothes and puts it in a separate bad and Kyungsoo starts screaming.

“No! Oh my God how disgusting!” Kyungsoo exclaims and pulls the said bag from Junmyeon’s hands. “Just go take a shower or do something else as I fix this,” Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon just jumps on the bed and watches Kyungsoo fold his clothes.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Kyungsoo asks because Junmyeon is staring at him and when their eyes locked, Junmyeon smirks and shakes his head. “No, tell me now,” Kyungsoo insists.

“When we get back in Seoul, will you go out with me?” Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo just raises and eyebrow. “Coffee, movie, help me write new songs, then I’ll help you with school stuff,” Junmyeon adds and Kyungsoo just bit his lips. “Kyungsoo are you rejecting me?” Junmyeon sounds disappointed but Kyungsoo just laughs and throws an unused towel on Junmyeon’s face.

“There is this popular saying, silence means yes, and to be honest I do not know how to say yes hyung, that would be great without sounding like an excited little girl. So yeah, whatever!” Kyungsoo states and zips the bag and he is finally done fixing their things.

“You’re so cute!” Junmyeon states and jumps on the bed and pulls Kyungsoo for a hug.

“Hyung?” Kyungsoo hums with his face pressed on Junmyeon’s neck. Junmyeon just wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist tighter as he ask why, Kyungsoo?

“Maybe I should get used to random hugs like this,” Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon just laughs as a response. Junmyeon slightly pushes Kyungsoo away and cups the younger’s face, “Kyungsoo, you always take care of people around you,” Junmyeon pauses, and slightly brushes his thumb on Kyungsoo’s cheek and moves his face closer, “Kindly let me take the responsibility of taking care of you,” Junmyeon continues and Kyungsoo just smiles and replies with a shy alright hyung and Junmyeon just grins and pulls Kyungsoo for another hug because Kyungsoo is not rejecting him anymore.

-

A week after Sehun’s birthday, Luhan and Junmyeon are back to their normal busy world. They are finally having to end their promotion that week and according to their company, they are coming back for their new single in a month. A month of full time preparation, that’s what their manager told them as soon as they get back from their short vacation.

“Aren’t you supposed to be practicing with Luhan hyung?” Kyungsoo answers the call.

“I just want to hear your voice, my favourite penguin,” Junmyeon teases and Kyungsoo whines on the other line. “We will have a comeback in a month with the new single,” Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo cannot keep himself from spazzing over it.

“So no break before comeback?” Kyungsoo asks because that means he will no longer have time to spend with Junmyeon.

“We have. The company gave us 4 days off then after that, we will be promoting for two full months but we will not have Chinese promotion this time,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo sighs.

“That . So does it mean I will be back to reality where I will only see you on TV, fansigning events and music programs?” Kyungsoo questions and as a response, Junmyeon’s laughter echoes Kyungsoo’s ears.

“Of course not! I can always drop by your apartment before going home, I can pick you up on your school if I want to, I can even take you out for lunch or dinner if we have free time, so don’t worry, baby penguin!” Junmyeon says.

“That thin line separating us is very visible again. You are that star everyone can see and I’m back to being your fan, that no one would even notice,” Kyungsoo says.

“Can we not talk about this? When I’m with you I cannot feel I’m some public figure, some popular person or a star or I don’t really know how people look at me, that’s why I like spending time with you. I can just be Junmyeon, just me.” Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo suddenly feels bad for making Junmyeon upset.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—” Kyungsoo stops when Junmyeon starts laughing on the other line.

“I’m okay, don’t worry. But you owe me a date,” Junmyeon says and before Kyungsoo can start talking, Junmyeon continues, “Shh, I’ll pick you up tomorrow after your last class.”

“Last class ends at 8 so I can’t,” Kyungsoo replies.

“I’m picking you up 8:10PM sharp at east gate, be there, baby penguin!” Junmyeon exclaims and Kyungsoo cannot do anything about and so he replies with a soft alright, hyung I’ll see you tomorrow. Besides, Kyungsoo would lie if he will say he doesn’t want to see and spend time with Junmyeon alone.

-

Junmyeon drags Kyungsoo to the nearest mall with two complimentary movie tickets in his hands. Junmyeon is wearing a hoodie and a mask on and Junmyeon always asks Kyungsoo to move closer if he needs to say something.

“Just remove the mask if you want to tell me something. I cannot understand you, hyung! Besides, it’s really dark so no one can see and recognize you,” Kyungsoo says since Junmyeon keeps on pulling him closer if he needs to talk.

“Like this?” Junmyeon says with his lips brushing Kyungsoo’s ear. “This close?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo slowly turns his head and Junmyeon is unexpectedly too close, with their cheeks almost touching each other.

“Not too close, sir. Please move a bit,” Kyungsoo says and covers his face with his hands since he can feel his cheeks burning.

“Penguin, spend time with me on my 4 days break? Luhan hyung is going back to China; Sehun is spending time with his family in Hongkong and Jongin told me he will spend his break with his groupmates for a big special project. So spend it with me?” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo is not moving at all.

“Silence means yes again, baby penguin?” Junmyeon asks again and Kyungsoo just glances at him and sighs.

“What’s your plan?” Kyungsoo questions and Junmyeon smiles since Kyungsoo is almost half accepting his offer.

“Just spend time with me and stay with me at the condo where Luhan hyung and I stay. We can do whatever you want; what matters is that I want to spend my break with you,” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just nods since he cannot decline Junmyeon anyway.

“In one condition though,” Kyungsoo pauses and turns to his side where Junmyeon is, “Mine and Jongin’s next Fly High albums will be for free and signed. I do not want to eat just ramyeon for weeks just to get in for fansigning events,” Kyungsoo says and adds, “But we will still be there to take photos of course. So please look at my camera okay?” Kyungsoo states.

“You are the cutest penguin in the entire world!” Junmyeon says and pinches Kyungsoo’s cheek.

“I should give you a nickname too,” Kyungsoo says and starts thinking over it.

“Can I just be a penguin too? We can be penguins together.” Junmyeon suggests.

“I can be the baby penguin and you will be my stupid penguin then,” Kyungsoo states and pokes Junmyeon’s cheek.

-

"Where are you going?" Kyungsoo asks when he sees Jongin neatly dressed the night before his 4 days vacation with Junmyeon starts.

"Luhan hyung invited me for dinner," Jongin says and grabs the perfume from Kyungsoo's drawer. "Can I?" Jongin asks and Kyungsoo just smiles in response to his very excited best friend.

"Junmyeon hyung let me hear their new single. You were great, Jongin!" Kyungsoo exclaims and Jongin just grins.

"Kyungsoo, I'm so excited to spend this night with Luhan hyung. He is going to China tomorrow and he told me he wants to have dinner with me and maybe a talk over coffee after that. Kyungsoo please pinch me, is this really happening?" Jongin requests and Kyungsoo just shoves Jongin off the bed.

"I said pinch me not shove me!" Jongin shouts.

"Everything is real alright? Oh my God your phone is ringing!" Kyungsoo says and Jongin just rolls on the bed after reading the message;

Luhan
I'll be there in 5 minutes.

Kyungsoo quickly gets off the bed and pulls Jongin up. Kyungsoo fixes the collar of Jongin's shirt and checks his belt and even the shoes he is wearing.

"Thanks, Kyung! You're really the best!" Jongin says and hugs Kyungsoo before running down the apartment since he doesn't want Luhan to wait. Luhan is not even there yet and a message from Kyungsoo appears on Jongin's screen.

Kyungsoo
Enjoy this special night, dimwit!

-

Luhan and Jongin are spending dinner in a private room. Luhan explains that he reserved the room beforehand and that night is like a thanksgiving dinner for Jongin since their single is already finalized.

“Jongin, I think I forgot to tell you earlier but you look really good tonight,” Luhan compliments and Jongin immediately takes the cup of tea from the table and drinks from it. A simple thanks, is the only reply Jongin managed to say as they continue eating.

After dinner, Luhan takes Jongin to his favourite coffee shop where all the baristas are pretty much close to him.

“This is Jongin, my very good friend.” Luhan introduced Jongin to everyone and the manager of the shop leads them to the small table at the corner of the store.

“Thanks,” Luhan says and pats the man at the back, “Can you give us two cups of my favourite drink? Less sugar on mine,” Luhan says and takes the seat provided for them and the man smiles and goes back to the counter to make their order.

“Why are we here at this dark corner? It’s really cold here, hyung,” Jongin says and Luhan takes his jacket off and hands it to Jongin. “I’m wearing a sweatshirt so it’s fine. Wear it first,” Luhan says. “Also, I always go here and I do not want people seeing me since I do not like people watching every move I make so I prefer staying here alone,” Luhan clarifies and Jongin just nods after Luhan’s explanation.

Luhan has to admit that Jongin really looks mysterious and snob at first glance, but he is really like a little boy who easily gets hyper and happy with simple things. Luhan just shares the story behind their duo name and Jongin almost fall from his chair.

“Imagine, we were really supposed to be called ‘Thumbs Up’ but thank God Junmyeon is brave enough to say no, we do not want that.” Luhan states and Jongin can’t stop from laughing and he is basically slamming his hands on the table and kicking Luhan under it.

“That name is so….uninteresting and stupid,” Jongin says and laughs again. Jongin cannot just stop, so Luhan has to hold his hand to get his attention and when Jongin finally stops and stares at Luhan, he immediately realized how loud he was.

“Oops, sorry about that!” Jongin says and drinks from his cup once again.

“By the way Jongin, does Kyungsoo know about Junmyeon’s plan for the break?” Luhan asks.

“What plan? Kyungsoo told me that according to Junmyeon hyung they will just spend the day at your condo unit while you’re in Beijing,” Jongin states as he continue, “What plan are you talking about anyway?” Jongin questions.

“Well Junmyeon wants to take him to his house, play golf together, spend time under the moon, watch movies and I do not really know the entire plan but Jongin, I cannot believe Junmyeon is this romantic and greasy,” Luhan says as he shakes his head and Jongin is just staring at him.

“Kyungsoo easily falls because he’s stupid,” Jongin utters.

“But from what I can see, it’s Junmyeon who is falling faster and he is falling completely. Looks like Kyungsoo is the one who needs to do the catching, Jongin.” Luhan states and holds Jongin’s hand, “Junmyeon is a good man, and he’s good enough for Kyungsoo so don’t worry,” Luhan assures.

“Can you promise me that?” Jongin states and Luhan just nods and hols Jongin’s hand tighter with a comforting smile.