Bottled Dreams 22

Bottled Dreams

Christmas. Kyungsoo and Jongin went home and so does Junmyeon and Luhan. Luhan flew all the way to China to celebrate Christmas with his family and with that, Kyungsoo made sure Junmyeon will be able to celebrate it with his family as well. Junmyeon and Kyungsoo promised that they will be celebrating New Year together, and so they dragged Luhan and Jongin along.

“Do we really have to spend New Year on a different place?” Kyungsoo asks as he zips his bag full of clothes. Junmyeon and Luhan surprised both Kyungsoo and Jongin on their small apartment, December 30 in the afternoon. “I’m serious hyung, I know you managed to make me pack my stuff but do we really need to spend so much? Can’t we just stay on your unit and eat?” Kyungsoo asks while poking Junmyeon on his shoulder.

“This is a special occasion and I’m celebrating it with someone special so why not go to a special place?” Junmyeon says as he grabs the bag from Kyungsoo’s hand and take the younger’s other hand in his. “Stop asking questions and let’s go! Luhan hyung and Jongin are waiting for us at the car already!” Junmyeon says and drags Kyungsoo outside since Luhan and Jongin are waiting for them for approximately 20 minutes already.

-

"So a hotel?" Kyungsoo starts talking as soon as Junmyeon drives into the hotel driveway and a smile surfaced Junmyeon's face. "We're going to welcome the New Year here? What's the difference if we celebrate at your unit?" Kyungsoo asks with his raised eyebrow and Luhan just laughs at how Kyungsoo can sound like a woman sometimes.

"Kyungsoo why don't you just be happy that we're celebrating it together and maybe it would be nice if you shut your mouth if you have nothing good to say," Jongin states before stepping out of the car.

"I'm not talking to you so you are the one who should shut up, Kim Jongin," Kyungsoo says as he pulls his bag out and the staff from the hotel helped them get their things off the car.

Junmyeon gave his car key to the valet and immediately helped Kyungsoo who is having a hard time carrying three bags at the same time. "You're not supposed to get tired so why don't you just hold this small bag and let me have the bigger ones," Junmyeon says as he takes off Kyungsoo's backpack and places it on the hotel cart.

Kyungsoo and Jongin are just sitting across the customer service counter where Junmyeon an Luhan are standing.

"What's taking them so long? Like this hotel have a lot of staff why can't--" Kyungsoo stops whining when Jongin pats his knee to get his attention and points at the older two.

The hotel's vice president came all the way down to the lobby from his office justto greet Luhan and Junmeon.

"V-I-P uh?" Jongin says and laughs at how awkward the situation is. Everyone's attention is all over the counter where Luhan and Junmyeon are and as soon as the Vice president showed them the way to the elevator, they called Jongin and Kyunsoo to come over.

"Big named idols and their peasant friends," Jongin says and Kyungsoo stares at him, "Maybe you are Luhan hyung's friend but I'm sure Junmyeon hyung and I are more than that. Get yor facts straight, Jongin!" Kyungsoo says and laughs a little at his statement and they end up laughing loudly as they try to control their laughter. "The more I want to stop laughing, the funnier it gets!" Kyungsoo says and smacks Jongin's back and they somehow felt a bit sorry for their behaviour but they eventually stopped as soon as they get in the elevator.

"Are we getting separate rooms?" Jongin asks but Luhan hands him the room and elevator card.

Kyungsoo moves closer to take a look and they both end up speechless for a few seconds.

"Penthouse!" Junmyeon exclaims as they reach the topmost floor of the building.

"I won't even dare to ask how much you guys spent on this," Jongin says.

"For three days!" Kyungsoo says and Luhan just laughs in response.

"It's 50% off. That man, the vice president is my uncle," Junmyeon states as he opens the door of their homegor the next three days. "Now Kyungsoo once you step in this room, no more complaints about this short vacation. We're here to enjoy, alright?" Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just nods as he jumps on the long couch waiting for them.

-

Luhan, Jongin and Kyungsoo are busy preparing the dining table when Kyungsoo excused himself and went out to the terrace alone. Junmyeon is currently taking a shower and once he was out, he immediately asked for Kyungsoo and Jongin casually points his best friend standing outside even with the freezing weather.

“Hey,” Junmyeon states and adds another coat on Kyungsoo before grabbing the younger one for a hug from the back. Junmyeon rests his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, and Kyungsoo just comfortable rests his back on Junmyeon’s chest.

“The fireworks are pretty,” Kyungsoo says and points at the sky since it’s almost midnight and the night sky is starting to be really colourful with all the different types of fireworks displayed. “You know, my mom told me that once the clock hits 12, you should make a wish and wait for it to happen within the year,” Kyungsoo says and closes his eyes and a visible smile surfaced his face.

“It’s still 10 minutes to midnight, Kyungsoo. Are you making your wish already?” Junmyeon asks and Kyungsoo immediately laughs and shakes his head.

“Not really. But I’m wishing for a lot of things for this coming year. I’m making my number one wish once the clock strikes 12 though.” Kyungsoo explains and Junmyeon just hums with his lips pressed on Kyungsoo’s neck as they wait for the clock to hit 12 and for them to welcome the approaching year together.

They just stayed there comfortable in each other’s arms without getting awkward even when Jongin and Luhan joined them outside. 

Clock strikes 12 and Jongin happily greets everyone and Luhan just laughs at how Junmyeon and Kyunsoo are not moving from their position and Luhan gladly takes Jongin in his arms and greets him in return.

"Why are they so sweet like this I do not understand?" Jongin says and Luhan just pats him at the back and drags Jongin inside as they prepare the food together.

"What did you wish for?" Junmyeon asks with his lips pressed on Kyungsoo's ear.

"Tell me yours first," Kyungsoo says and turns his back to look at Junmyeon.

"To be able to celebrate every New Year with you for the rest of my life," Junmyeon says as he playfully rubs his thumb on Kyungsoo's bright shade of pink cheeks. "Now your turn," Junmyeon says.

"I wish for both of us to be healthy," Kyungsoo says and smiles. It's really simple for some, maybe even for Junmyeon because health is very important especially to both of them, but for Kyungsoo, it also means he is asking for more time, more opportunities and more years to share with Junmyeon. It's just the start of the year and his chest feels very heavy, it hurts, but he's good enough to pretend he's completely well.

"Hyung, what if I suddenly disappear? Will you look for me?" Kyungsoo asks with tears forming in his eyes.

"You won't do that on purpose. I know you won't hurt me intentionally, right Kyungsoo? But to answer that, I will never stop looking for you. If I have to search the entire city, country, continent or this planet, I will. You belong with me, Kyungsoo. You are mine. And no matter how much fate will try to separate us, I know that time will bring us back together," Junmyeon replies and takes Kyungsoo for a hug.

"Hyung?" Kyungsoo says.

"Something is bothering you and I have no idea when are you planning to tell me," Junmyeon observes. Kyungsoo sighs in defeat and he just let his tears fall down his cheeks. They are just standing there with the beautiful night sky over their heads, but no matter how colorful and happy the skies are greeting them, what matters the most right now is how Kyungsoo is in pain, and Junmyeon is still in the midst of tryig to find out what causes the tears on Kyungsoo's eyes.

"Hyung, promise me you won't forget me?" Kyungsoo requests and Junmyeon suddenly frowns as he cups Kyungsoo's face.

"Kyungsoo why are you so pale? What are you talking about?" Junmyeon asks but it is too late, Junmyeon starts screaming for Jongin's name asking for help when Kyungsoo collapsed in his arms and he doesn't have an idea what to do.

 

 

 

 

-

First day of the year and the four of them end up celebrating it with the nurses and doctors at the ward, with Kyungsoo still unconscious even from all the noise happening around him. Doctors come and go, nurses check his vital signs every now and then, a new set of interns drop by to check on Kyungsoo's case and Junmyeon is still not talking to anyone, including Luhan and Jongin. Junmyeon is just sitting on a chair beside Kyungsoo's bed, holding Kyungsoo's hand in between his, staring at the younger boy's face for hours.

"Junmyeon, I bought food for you," Luhan pleads but Junmyeon just shakes his head.

"Kyungsoo won't like it if you get sick," Luhan says and Junmyeon just glances at him, he flashes a weak smile, then he's back to his original position. Luhan walks towards the table where Jongin is eating and Luhan just shakes his head as he gives up from convincing Junmyeon to eat.

"Hyung, take this at least," Jongin says giving Junmyeon a slice of bread. "Please. Do that for Kyungsoo. It's already 2 in the afternoon and you haven't eaten anything yet since dinner last night," Jongin states and Junmyeon weakly takes the bread from Jongin's hand.

The doctor comes in with a nurse behind him carrying the chart that shows the results from the recent tests that were done.

"Where are his parents?" The doctor asks.

"They're at the province; at home. I called and told them not to worry because they are old and they cannot simply travel alone. I'm his best friend since we were kids," Jongin says as he introduced himself.

"So I assume you know every detail of this case? Do you know everything about his heart complication?" The doctor asks and Jongin nods as he bows his head.

"When was the last time he went for a check up?" The doctor asks and Junmyeon is just staring at Jongin, glancing at Kyungsoo every once in a while.

"A month ago," Jongin honestly states, and from his peripheral vision, he knows Junmyeon is staring at him, as if asking him how come he didn't know.

"And the result?" The doctor asks once again and Jongin suddenly feels suffocated, that he just want to step out of the room and talk to the doctor there without Junmyeon glaring at him.

"He went for a check up alone, sir. He just told me that he did after a week. For the result, he didn't bother telling me what exactly happened but he told me," Jongin stops and closes his eyes as he bows his head. Luhan places an arm behind Jongin's back, asking him to continue and informing him through actions that he's there. "He told me that he's not getting any better," Jongin continues and he cannot just look up at because he knows when his eyes meet Junmyeon's, he cannot hold his tears anymore.

"What do you mean?" Junmyeon suddenly asks in a low, shaking voice.

"Well yes, that's what the results show as well. We are still going to do a few more tests within the day, but as the head of the cardio department of this hospital, I think it's better to inform you before hand that this is a very complicated case and as his heart gets weaker every day, the only solution to end his hardship is to get a heart transplant as soon as possible," Doctor Lee states and Junmyeon just collapsed on his chair, with his eyes focused on the ground and the tears starts falling down his cheeks.

"I need to contact his cardiologist since I need to know his history, and please give us the contact number of his parents. The nurses will be around so if you need anything, you can just call anyone from the station. If the patient wakes up, call a nurse. I'll be back again tomorrow. Excuse me," Dr. Lee states before leaving the room and after the door gets shut, the silence is somehow so loud that it's very disturbing.

Junmyeon takes Kyungsoo's hand in his, he's not moving or saying anything at all but just by observing his actions, you know that he is passing an important message to Kyungsoo.

"Hyung, we're going out for a while. I need to fill up some forms at the station and Luhan hyung needs to call your manager," Jongin says and Junmyeon responds with silence so they quietly steps out of the room, leaving Junmyeon and Kyungsoo behind.

"Why do you need to keep everything from me?" Junmyeon asks. He is aware that even though he drops a million asks, he will never get an answer even to one. "You are such a very strong man, Kyung. You are a wonderful person, why do bad things need to happen to you? You do not deserve to be on that bed suffering like this! You promised me we will spend more years together right? Forever, remember? You told me you will take care of me, right? Right? Now wake up and be healthy! Get up, Soo! Tell me this is just a bad dream, Kyungsoo wake up! Please I know you can hear me!" Junmyeon exclaims and rests his head on the bed when Jongin and Luhan barged into the room when they heard Junmyeon screaming.

Junmyeon is sobbing, crying out loud and punching his thighs using his fist and Luhan just grabs him from the back and from that moment, Luhan and Jongin knows Junmyeon is falling apart.

"The doctor said there is a solution to his case, Junmyeon. It may be very complicated, but Kyungsoo is a strong boy. He will get through this," Luhan says as he try to stop Junmyeon from crying.

"Hyung," Jongin says. Jongin is standing at the foot of Kyungsoo's bed and he is just staring at his best friend. "Kyungsoo is crying," Jongin states and points at Kyungsoo's face when a teardrop slides down Kyungsoo's cheek.

Junmyeon hurriedly gets across the bed to take Kyungsoo's hand and places soft kisses at the back of Kyungsoo's palm. "Baby, you can hear me right? Wake up now and take me with you out of this bad dream already I cannot do this anymore. I cannot see you in pain like this!" Junmyeon pleads.

"I'm calling a nurse! He's responding already," Luhan says.

"Kyung please? Please get up and be healthy we're not done with your bottled dreams yet. Wake up Kyungsoo and tell me you will be okay!" Junmyeon exclaims and Jongin cannot do anything about the situation except from giving Junmyeon a comforting hand informing him that he's not alone.

"Kyungsoo," Junmyeon mumbles, "My angel," Junmyeon says with his lips pressed on Kyungsoo's fingers and finally, Kyungsoo responds by moving his hand slowly to lock their fingers together.

 

 

 

 

-

-

-

Oops? Don't kill me guys. I promise this is just a phase ;;