Bottled Dreams 25

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo wakes up with the sight of his mom sleeping on the other bed beside his, and his dad reading newspaper across him. He once again wakes up lying helpless on a hospital bed, but this time, the last series of events is a total blur. His father noticed the movement from the bed and walks across the room as quick as he can.

“Hey dad,” Kyungsoo says weakly and his dad takes Kyungsoo’s hand in his.

“Hey little man. How are you feeling?” Kyunghan asks.

“Horrible? I don’t know. I feel very weak and helpless,” Kyungsoo replies and his dad just gives him a kiss on the forehead. “You’ll be fine,” Kyunghan assures him.

“So mind telling me what happened? Why am I here?” Kyungsoo asks and that moment, his mother wakes up from her short nap.

“Hey sweetie,” Sooyeon gets up from the bed and joins Kyungsoo and his father.

“I missed you both. I’m sorry we have to meet this way,” Kyungsoo apologizes and once again asks his unanswered questions.

Kyungsoo feels awful, for causing so much trouble not just to his parents, but to his friends. He keeps shaking the idea of Junmyeon in his head, because he is hoping Junmyeon doesn’t have an idea about this incident.

“You are sleeping for two days, by the way. We just came over this morning so we asked both Sehun and Jongin to go home first. Those boys are such angels,” Sooyeon states and hands Kyungsoo his phone. “It keeps on receiving messages. No one knows the code so we just plugged it in and let the messages keep on coming. I’ll go talk to the nurses and report you’re already awake, alright?” Kyunghan says and hands Kyungsoo his phone.

When Kyungsoo is left with his mother, he just put aside his phone since Sooyeon obviously wants to tell him something. He takes his mother’s hand and asks what’s bothering her and Kyungsoo knows his condition is not getting any better.

“We’re already looking for a donor, Kyungsoo,” His mother says and Kyungsoo just smiles at him. He knows this day will come, he is somehow ready for it, actually he is. But not this time, that Junmyeon is miles away from him. Kyungsoo just keep his lips sealed, with a forced smile on his face. He is worried, scared with the things that are uncertain that might happen in a matter of a few days.

“Sooyeon ah, the doctor wants to talk to us,” Kyunghan states and Sooyeon gives Kyungsoo a pat on the cheek before stepping out of the room.

Kyungsoo takes a moment before taking his phone again in his hands, wondering if he wants to read the messages from different applications. 0-5-2-2 his lock code is very obvious, but he thinks Jongin and Sehun just respects his privacy even though they both know how to unlock Kyungsoo’s phone.  

Baby?

How are you?

Are you up yet?

What happened?

We’re still in China.

And I wish you’re here with me.

The food is good I bet you will love these.

Hey Kyungsoo are you awake now?

Give me a reply once you’re read this.

Hey baby?

Kyungsoo I miss you.

I think I’m going crazy.

Please reply.

I’m going insane.

I can’t keep on going without knowing how’s my penguin.

Kyungsoo?

I love you.

I’m sorry.

Kyungsoo’s tears starts falling down his cheeks. He doesn’t know how to reply, he doesn’t know what to say to Junmyeon. There is only one thing he wants to say, that he wishes for Junmyeon to be there but he didn’t bother typing, because it will only break Junmyeon’s heart. The door opens with both Sehun and Jongin smiling widely but as soon as they see Kyungsoo crying, they started to frown.

“Don’t tell me you’re crying over Junmyeon hyung?” Sehun asks with obvious anger in his tone of voice. Sehun is still upset, he is not even replying to Junmyeon’s messages.

“Sehun are you mad? Are you mad that I’m sad? Sad that Junmyeon hyung is not here with me?” Kyungsoo asks at once and it hits Sehun and Jongin how Kyungsoo needs Junmyeon by his side.

“Kyungsoo you do not deserve to be treated this way!” Sehun exclaims and Jongin immediately smacks him.

“Kyungsoo, just go back to sleep,” Jongin says and Sehun just won’t stop talking.

“Is it wrong that I care about you? Is it wrong that I’m disappointed with Junmyeon hyung? That at your weakest point he’s not here? When you needed him the most he’s nowhere in sight? Is this the relationship you want? That you are obviously not the top priority? Uh? Answer me!” Sehun aggressively asks and Kyungsoo just covers his ears and Jongin just forcefully dragged Sehun towards the door.

“Kyungsoo, think about this. He can always fly back home if he wants to. But where is he? Then he will tell you he cares? Can you feel it? No? Then reevaluate your decisions in life!” Sehun says.

“Sehun ah— Kyungsoo says and both Jongin and Sehun stops at the foot of the door. “I completely understand where you’re coming from, but I love Junmyeon hyung, and falling for him is the decision I will never, I repeat, never regret,” Kyungsoo says and covers himself with the comforter. 

--

 

Kyungsoo's parents gets in the room with Sehun and Jongin following them, with a pair of doctors and a nurse with them. Kyungsoo will lie if he says he's not afraid, ofcourse he is. And again, he will also lie if he will deny the fact that somehow, he hopes Junmyeon is right there, holding his hand telling him that everything will be fine.

"So we found a donor," The doctor gladly states and just by observing everyone's faces, since it will be a complicated kind of operation, everyone is still worried.

"We need to prepare you for two days, so the operation will take place on Friday. There are a few sets of instructions you have to follow, medications to be given and a few more notes that should be delivered to your guardian. I will be talking to your parents again in a while," The doctor adds and Kyungsoo just nods as he bows his head. His mind is currently fighting if he should be happy about it or worried about the operation.

After a few minutes, he is left in the room with his friends. Jongin and Sehun are just sitting across Kyungsoo's bed, with Sehun focused on the television and Jongin just observing how lifeless Kyungsoo looks.

"Hey," Jongin approaches as he slowly takes a sit beside Kyungsoo on the bed. "Something bothering you?" Jongin asks.

"Do you think if my heart gets replaced, my feelings for the people I love.. will it change?" Kyungsoo asks and Sehun laughs from where he's seated.

"Sehun please? Why are you so pressed anyway?" Jongin asks and Sehun walks towards them and stands at the foot of the bed.

"Because Junmyeon hyung promised me that he will never hurt and leave you. He once promised me that too, and he left," Sehun states.

"But he came back," Kyungsoo replies a once and Sehun just stares at him.

"Every relationship is different from another, Kyungsoo." Sehun says and Jongin can already feel where this argument will lead them.

"Okay hold up! Let's not argue, let's not talk about this. Luhan hyung talked to me and said Junmyeon hyung might be flying back tomorrow. Now shut your ing stupid mouth, Oh Sehun," Jongin says and Sehun just steps back and gets out of the room just to stop the confrontation.

Junmyeon also messaged Kyungsoo that if he gets a ticket, he's going back to Seoul.

"I need you to be the last person whom I will see before the operation, and I want to see your face the moment I wake up," Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon just can't keep himself from crying at the other line. They had this short conversation the night Kyungsoo knew he's up for operation in two days. Junmyeon can't stop crying, he feels sorry for not being physically present at times Kyungsoo is breaking.

"I'll be there, I promise," Junmyeon says before wishing kyungsoo a good night.

--

Sehun is walking his way to his car when he saw a familiar car at the lobby of the hospital.

"Hey!" Sehun says in a manly tone.

"Sehun ah!" Junmyeon greets and Sehun's expression is still dark and odd.

"I told you right? If you can't keep promises, then don't make one." Sehun states and Junmyeon is just staring at him. "Kyungsoo needs you so much that I really think it's stupid. One more wrong move, I will punch you on the face, hyung." Sehun adds before walking his way towards his car.

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo is eating his lunch when Jongin happily opens the door. "Guess what!" Jongin says and Kyungsoo just raises an eyebrow. "Can you at least pretend you're excited with the way I approached you?" Jongin asks but before he can continue talking Kyungsoo can hear a familiar voice at the doorstep.

Nice to meet you.

It's very nice to finally meet you as well. Kyungsoo has been talking about how great his parents are.

He’s been talking about you as well.

"Junmyeon hyung? Hyung are you there?" Kyungsoo exclaims as he try his best to get off his bed even if he's not allowed to.

"Kyungsoo don't move!" Jongin exclaims and suddenly Junmyeon appears right in front of Kyungsoo and he helplessly falls into his arms.

"Hyung," Kyungsoo starts crying, and Junmyeon can't keep still because Kyungsoo shouldn't be feeling extreme emotions at the moment. His heart needs to be calm, and yet Kyungsoo is crying his heart out.

"Baby please? Stop crying I'm here now." Junmyeon states and Kyungsoo just can't keep his arms off Junmyeon's body.

Watching Junmyeon and Kyungsoo like this is heartbreaking but heart fluttering at the same time, Jongin thought. Kyungsoo is not really the very strong type of person but since he found Junmyeon, he found a reason to fight for his life. Kyungsoo always thought that his life won't even have a purpose, but Junmyeon came in the picture and Junmyeon's existence is enought to be Kyungsoo's purpose to live happier and longer.

"You will be right there for me, right?" Kyungsoo asks the night before his operation.

"I'm always here, Kyungsoo. I may not be always around where you can see me, but I'm always right here," Junmyeon points at Kyungsoo's chest.

"If that heart gets replaced, please make sure that once the new hearts starts beating for you, it will beat for me too," Junmyeon adds and Kyungsoo's tears starts falling.

"I cannot imagine myself loving anyone else aside from you," Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon wraps him in his arms, "So do I." Junmyeon replies as he makes a gap and takes Kyungsoo's lips in between his.

--

Kyungsoo is finally getting ready, with Junmyeon never leaving his side from the moment he came back in Seoul. Junmyeon hands Kyungsoo his last set of medicine which was instructed to be taken 2 hours before his operation.

"You are a very strong man, Kyungsoo. You will get through this," Junmyeon says and kisses Kyungsoo's forehead.

"Hey hyung," Kyungsoo exclaims, "Please be the one to take me to the operating room. I told you, I want you to be the last person I will see before the anesthesia takes effect," Kyungsoo smiles, a weak one, obvious fear in his eyes.

"I will. And once you're at the recovery room, I will be there," Junmyeon promised and Kyungsoo gladly takes his hand.

"Hyung, the doctor talked to me," Kyungsoo suddenly admits. Junmyeon suddenly holds into him a bit tighter, afraid of what Kyungsoo might say.

"If any complication during operation occurs, I might get comatosed. If a clot suddenly surfaced, it might hit my brain in an instant. Hyung, what if I suddenly don't wake up?" Kyungsoo asks as he wipe his own tears.

"No, that's not going to happen. I told you Kyungsoo, I will wait for you and you do not keep this penguin hyung waiting alright?" Junmyeon replies with his voice shaking.

"Hyung, if I happen to forget things, make me remember everything. Especially about you, everything about you, about us," Kyungsoo says and even before Junmyeon can interrupt, Kyungsoo says, "Just do what I say, hyung!"

"I will, Kyungsoo, I promise I will." Junmyeon replies and right then, Kyungsoo parents comes in with the staff nurses that will accompany him to the operating room.

"Ready?" Kyunghan asks.

"Of course," Kyungsoo replies but his hold unto Junmyeon's hand gets tighter.