Bottled Dreams 24

Bottled Dreams

A few nights before Fly High’s departure, Kyungsoo is preparing a special gift for Junmyeon; something that the older can take and keep while he’s in China. Kyungsoo bought a pair of gloves, an eye mask shaped like penguin eyes, a scarf, a pair of warm socks and a half dozen of handkerchief.

“Are you sure you’re giving him that huge box?” Jongin asks after watching Kyungsoo wrap all the gifts and organizing everything in a box. Kyungsoo went out that day, even though he’s not allowed to, he still did. Jongin caught hom at the nearest mall walking alone with a mask on, as if his best friend is stupid enough not to recognize him.

“He’s leaving in 2 days. I need to hand him this box before going to China. You will help me right?” Kyungsoo insists and Jongin cannot do anything about it aside from nodding and extending his helping hand.

-

Sehun is narrating stories of his short vacation with his family to Kyungsoo when Jongin comes home from school. Jongin states that Junmyeon and Luhan will drop by tomorrow morning before leaving for China. “Junmyeon hyung told me that we need to be up by 5am since their flight is at 9, they will be here around 5 or 5:30,” Jongin says and hands Kyungsoo his medicine even before he can take a sit after coming home.

“Hey guys can I tell you something?” Sehun says and Kyungsoo just tilts his head, waiting for Sehun to continue. “Chanyeol and I are.. okay? I mean—“ Sehun stops after seeing Jongin gets choked by the cookie he is currently eating. Kyungsoo starts laughing at the side after watching Sehun throw a pillow towards Jongin’s direction.

“What do you mean ‘okay’? Like how okay are you guys?” Kyungsoo asks and before replying, Sehun makes sure that Jongin won’t react again by shoving another cookie in his mouth.

“Well, Jongin gave him my Kakaotalk and even my Line ID and my number and I don’t know how it happened but he just messaged me and added me everywhere and well, he’s okay.” Sehun says and from the side, Jongin is just grinning like an idiot as if he’s not hearing anything as he continue finisihin the entire box of cookies that he actually bought for Kyungsoo.

“Is he hitting on you then?” Kyungsoo asks and Sehun almost fall from his chair. “Well I was staring at you since you opened the topic and your eyes are telling me that you are somehow interested with him so tell me, Sehun, is Chanyeol hitting on you?”

Jongin drops his chocolate milk and wipes his mouth before sitting beside Kyungsoo on his bed, across Sehun. Sehun just glares at him because the way Jongin stares, Sehun knows he’s already teasing. Kyungsoo hits Jongin at the side by elbowing him and Jongin immediately stops.

“Well he asked me out, tomorrow actually. That’s why I told you guys because I don’t know how this works.” Sehun admits and Jongin starts laughing again and he hurriedly runs his way across the room because Sehun is this close to stabbing a fork down his throat.

“First, ask where you’re going and what time!” Kyungsoo says and Sehun is just staring at him, as if wondering why he needs to know. “You don’t want to wear nice formal clothes and get treated in a kiddie ice cream store, do you?” Kyungsoo says and Sehun nods as he takes his phone out to ask Chanyeol.

“Dinner at a hotel?” Jongin exclaims and Kyungsoo’s eyes gone wider when Sehun reads the reply from Chanyeol.

“You better not get laid during your first date, Oh Sehun!” Jongin screams and Kyungsoo just smacks him with a pillow. “Do not traumatize Sehun, you !” Kyungsoo exclaims and takes a small piece of paper and a pen.

“Now I will list down the to do’s, and not to do’s, even the things you need to be aware of, my little baby,” Kyungsoo says and pats Sehun at the head.

After listing down all the things Sehun must take note of, Sehun takes the paper from Jongin and Kyungsoo and he starts whining.

“Do not let him touch you,” Sehun reads and just stares at the other two.

“Well it is your first date and you do not know him that much yet so why let a stranger touch you?” Jongin says.

“If he asks you to come over in a room with him, say NO!” Sehun reads the last line and another judging stare surfaced.

“Do you wanna get laid before your first kiss? You’re not a , my child,” Kyungsoo says and starts laughing like an idiot with Jongin.

“Fine okay? I’ll keep these in mind and both of you better watch your phones tomorrow. I might be needing some help yu know I’m anti-social.” Sehun says as he gets up from his chair. “I’m going now since it’s getting late and you both need to be up in a few hours. I will just send a message to Junmyeon hyung so that we can meet again when he comes back. So, good night!” Sehun says before dragging Jongin along to accompany him to his car.

“Going to the airport tomorrow?” Sehun asks.

“I’m going, but Kyungsoo won’t obviously. He’s not allowed to get tired and be in a crowded place,” Jongin states and Sehun just nods before getting in his car.

“Be a good nurse and tell Kyungsoo to be a good patient!” Sehun states before waving goodbye.

-

Jongin goes back to Kyungsoo's room to check on him again before getting ready for bed. "Hey kid, go sleep. I'll wake you up at 5," Jongin says and Kyungsoo just nods without even glancing at his best friend.

"Just writing a letter then I'll go sleep. Good night!" Kyungsoo waves and Jongin silently goes into his room.

Come back quickly and sleep with me, okay? Kyungsoo reads the last line of the letter and giggles. He knows how Junmyeon likes Kyungsoo being cheesy and sometimes even greasy for him. He knows how Junmyeon would love to really come back home and sleep with him for days. To prepare food even if sometimes the food he prepares are unedible. Kyungsoo folds the paper in a heart shape, gives the letter a kiss and places it on top of his bed side table as he slips himself under the sheets. Good night, Junmyeon hyung. Kyungsoo whispers to himself before closing his eyes, wishing that even in his dreams, Junmyeon would be there.

--

Luhan and Jongin are talking at the kitchen sink when Junmyeon gets out of Kyungsoo's room with a box in his hands. Kyungsoo gave him the things he personally prepared and Junmyeon is grinning at them before waving asking Luhan that they can go already.

"You coming with us, Jongin?" Junmyeon asks since they both know Jongin is planning to go to the airport as well.

"Can I? I mean wouldn't it be weird if I step out of the van with you guys?" Jongin asks since he's very uncomfortable of the situation.

"Then we'll drop you off somewhere near then just walk your way into the airport and wait for us there?" Luhan suggests and Jongin happily nods in agreement.

"Hey Kyung we're going!" Jongin says and pats Kyungsoo's head. "I'll be back before lunch so you better rest more and wait for me. I'll bring home good food," Jongin states and Kyungsoo just agrees.

Junmyeon steps into the room again after Luhan and Jongin says their good bye. "Wait for me alright?" Junmyeon says and plants a kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek. "Be good," Junmyeon reminds and Kyungsoo just pulls him for a hug. "I love you," Kyungsoo whispers and Junmyeon makes a gap in between them, "I love you more. Now go back to sleep, penguin," Junmyeon says and gives him a kiss on the lips.

A few minutes after hearing the door gets shut, he waits for their van to leave before finally closing his eyes once again. Kyungsoo keeps on turning and rolling under his sheets until he finally knew why he can't keep still.

"! The letter!" Kyungsoo says and gets off his bed to check if the van is still in sight. "Damn stupid Do Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo shakes his head and hurriedly gets a hoodie on and changes into pants. "I need to give him this! I need to!" Kyungsoo keeps on making weird noises as he pack his medicines into a small bag, with the said letter, his wallet, a pair of gloves and a scarf. He puts his jacket on and he swears this will cause him pain but he needs to give the letter to Junmyeon no matter what.

--

Luhan and Junmyeon are prepaing to get off the van but both their eyes are wandering around the crowd, checking if Jongin is around already.


"There he is!" Luhan points at Jongin standing near the entrance door and laughs how annoyed he looks at the sea of fangirls screaming around him.

The cameras are flashing here and there when Luhan and Junmyeon gets off the car. As usual, the fans are screaming and waiting for them to walk into the crowd to greet the fans. They stopped before getting in the immigration and stays there for a while to give some words to the fans. When they started walking in again, Luhan managed to wave towards Jongin's direction as if waving a special good bye. Once Junmyeon and Luhan are inside, a girl started screaming for help.

"Help me! He fainted!" A girl screams from the other side of the crowd and Jongin suddenly freezes. "He?" Jongin runs his way towards the commotion and he doesn't really know if he want to punch Kyungsoo on the face or maybe taking him to the airport clinic is a better idea for now.

--

"Sehun please? I do not have money for now we're taking him to the nearest hospital!" Jongin exclaims. Jongin is at the ambulance with the airport clinic staff at the moment and he is shaking as he calls Sehun for help. "He's so pale! Sehun please help me and get your off your bed! I'll message you which hospital okay?" Jongin pleads and goes back to holding Kyungsoo’s hand.

Kyungsoo fainted.

Wait, what? We're at the plane now stop playing games, Sehun. I need to put off my phone now.

I'm ing serious.

Damn it Sehun what happened?

I'm rushing to the hospital now. Whatever. Schedule comes first right? Don't worry Jongin and I can handle this. I just thought you should know even though you can’t do anything right now.

Sehun tell me what happened where is he? We left him at home!

Well obviously he's not home and he followed you guys at the airport and he fainted. Message me when you landed in China.

No wait.

Dont worry we're fine. I know perfectly how to take care of Kyungsoo. Even when you were not in the picture yet, there’s only the three of us anyway.

Sehun.

Look I understand you cannot do anything. But whatever hyung.

I didnt want this to happen Sehun! Why are you so mad at me? I asked my manager if I can get off right now but they're not allowing me to! I’m trying, Sehun can you at least feel that? I’m worried. God knows how much.

I knew this would happen. Just... pray nothing serious will happen when you're away or I will seriously kick your . Also, why am I mad? I'm not really mad. You just promised me that you will take care of him and now what? 

Sehun look okay...

I'm going now.

Sehun wait! Listen to me first.
Sehun?
Hey!

"Put away your phone. We're leaving," Luhan says and after glancing at Junmyeon, he noticed the man beside him is crying.

"What happened?" Luhan asks. "Kyungsoo collapsed," Junmyeon says as he punch his thighs and starts crying really hard.

"Hey Junmyeon control yourself! Jongin is right there, he won't leave Kyungsoo," Luhan states and Junmyeon just stares at him. "I'm the one who's supposed to be there. Not Jongin, not Sehun!" Junmyeon exclaims and their staff are just saring at them and Luhan assures everyone that he will handle the situation.

"Hyung! I cannot lose Kyungsoo you know that! Watching over him is the only thing I can give and yet I'm here, on this ing stupid plane on my way to China to sign some contracts," Junmyeon says, frustrated.

"Can I just sign the contract tomorrow and get back in Seoul right after? You're coming with me right? You're helping me right?" Junmyeon says and Luhan knows his friend is breaking.

"Damn it hyung! I’m so stupid. Hopeless. Useless," Junmyeon exclaims as he dips his head at the small pillow on his lap. Luhan doesn't know how to stop Junmyeon from crying. He takes Junmyeon's phone from his hand and reads the last message.

 

"I'm disappointed with you, hyung. Very." Sehun said.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

Uh-oh here comes trouble! Anyway I'm back!!!! and idk if I can update another chapter next week but hopefully I can! I will try since I owe you guys so much for MIA for almost two months. Sorry, real life responsibilities! D: Also, for those asking where my lj fics are, they are hidden lol I'm opening them up again c: