Bottled Dreams 10

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo and Sehun are spending the first night by the pool. They are seated at one corner of the pool  talking about Junmyeon and Luhan when Sehun suddenly asks how do you feel about Junmyeon hyung?

"I'm happy," the only reply Kyungsoo says before Sehun asks him to define what he really meant by happy.

"I'm happy that he is here with us to celebrate your birthday. I'm happy he considers me as a friend. I'm just happy, Sehun." Kyungsoo says and leans his head on Sehun's shoulder. They stayed that way for a few minutes of silence.

"Kyungsoo, please take care of your heart," Sehun states in a serious tone and Kyungsoo lifts his head up and stares at Sehun. "You know you have problems. From what I can see, you and Junmyeon hyung are getting along very well but please, learn to predict what might happen in the future and study entire the situation," Sehun says.

It's true, Sehun is just being realistic. Junmyeon is a star that everyone sees, that everyone wants, that everyone dream about, and Kyungsoo is just like everybody else who wants to claim that special star. Among the thousands of people admiring him, why would Junmyeon settle for someone like Kyungsoo? Kyungsoo cannot love, Kyungsoo cannot get hurt, Kyungsoo cannot feel pain. Everyone who cares about him knows his situation, and right now Sehun is just making sure Kyungsoo won't put himself in a situation where he will never get through.

"I know I'm not special," Kyungsoo says, "And I'm aware where to stand and to put myself in a situation like this," Kyungsoo sounds a bit sad, though he still forces a smile when Sehun glances at him. "But Sehun, you cannot blame me for being selfish. This is what I've been wanting to happen since Fly High debuted. For three years now, I know you are aware how much I admire Junmyeon hyung. You know how much I care about him and how much he means to me," Kyungsoo sighs, starting to be emotional. "But right now, all I want is his attention and a few minutes of his time. I just want him to know my name, to notice me, to smile at me, and in general I just want him to know my existence." Kyungsoo bows his head as he try to hide his tears from Sehun.

"I'm not saying you should stop getting close to Junmyeon hyung. I'm just reminding you that falling in love is a serious matter and you know your case, Kyung." Sehun states and offers his handkerchief to the friend sitting beside him.

"But you call it falling in love because you just... fall. I won't do it intentionally because I know I'm sick and who falls in love on purpose anyway? No one. So if ever I really fall, whether that person would catch me or not, you and Jongin will still be there to help me get up, right?" Kyungsoo asks and Sehun just smiles and nods.

"I can't believe you are this deep, Kyung. But anyway, I'm just giving you a warning and you know I won't stop you with whatever decision you make because I know you are one smart person but hey, no one is smart enough when they fall in love." Sehun says and Kyungsoo just replies with a deep long sigh.

"I really like Junmyeon hyung, Sehun and to be honest, I'm getting scared. He is acting as if he wants us to be closer and it feels weird," Kyungsoo opens up. This has been bothering him since morning but he didn't tell Sehun what happened at the car while they were on their way to the guest house.

"I cannot say anything about that since I do not have an idea what's happening but Kyungsoo, know your limitations. That's the only advice I can give you right now," Sehun says and the door from the house swings open and Junmyeon appears right behind them.

"Can I join?" Junmyeon asks and sits next to Kyungsoo. "What time are you guys going to sleep?" Junmyeon asks.

"In a while," Kyungsoo replies and Sehun says he is planning to swim before going to bed. "Are you crazy? It's really cold! No, you won't swim, Mr. Oh!" Kyungsoo exclaims and Junmyeon just laughs at how Kyungsoo sounds like an old woman.

-

Kyungsoo is on his bed when Junmyeon steps out from the comfort room after his shower. Kyungsoo closes his eyes, ignoring the fact that Junmyeon is half walking around the room searching for something to wear.

Kyungsoo has been very quiet since the conversation he had with Sehun earlier. He thinks that Sehun is completely right, that maybe in a crowd of people, he is just an ordinary person that no one would even notice. That Junmyeon is the exact opposite that everyone's eyes would be focused on him. They are the opposite of each other and even the strongest kind of magnet would never help to get Junmyeon get attracted to him. 

Kyungsoo is almost half asleep when his bed starts moving and he can feel someone poking his cheek.

"Should we share a bed? If you're uncomfortable that's okay I can use the other bed," Junmyeon asks but Kyungsoo moves a bit to the side making space for Junmyeon and smiles. "Yay!" Junmyeon gladly exclaims and joins Kyungsoo under the sheets.

They were quiet. Kyungsoo is on his back but Junmyeon is facing him, staring at him as if Junmyeon is memorizing every feature of his face. He feels a bit weird, but who wouldn't? Thus Kyungsoo slowly moves his head to face Junmyeon and their faces are a few inches apart.

"Hyung, please stop playing games with me. I never win this," Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon is now confused. "I always fall," Kyungsoo states and adds, "and most of the time I get hurt because I'm stupid."

"Kyungsoo, what do you mean?" Junmyeon wonders.

"Read between the lines. Just please tell me if this is just a game, so that at least I will be aware that we are just playing and nothing is to be taken seriously," Kyungsoo says and closes his eyes as he try to sleep with Junmyeon's scent at the tip of his nose.

Junmyeon puts his arm across Kyungsoo's stomach and pulls him closer. Junmyeon's nose is pressing on Kyungsoo's neck and whispers, "I'm here to catch you if you fall so that you won't get hurt anymore. But if you insist that you are stupid and will still get hurt along the way, I will be here to take the pain away," Junmyeon sighs and Kyungsoo moves a bit farther because his neck is sensitive and he gets tickled instantly. "Cute," Junmyeon says and pulls Kyungsoo closer again.

"What if you will be the cause of my pain?" Kyungsoo sounds serious about it.

"Then I will let Sehun and Jongin to murder me in my sleep. I will hate myself if that happens because no one can ever hurt you especially now that I'm here," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just hums in reply.

"You do not know me completely and yet you are hugging me like this," Kyungsoo observes.

"I told you, I like the feeling you are giving me," Junmyeon replies. "Besides, we are now friends so I have all the time in the world to get to know you, Golden Boy master," Junmyeon teases.

"Please use the other bed if you are going to tease me like this," Kyungsoo whines but he can feel his cheeks burning.

"No. Just sleep, master. I'll see you tomorrow morning. Good night." Junmyeon snuggles a lot more closely with his face pressed on Kyungsoo's neck. "You smell nice, my favorite master," Junmyeon says and they end up pushing and pulling each other on the bed because Kyungsoo is done with all the teasing he keeps on getting from Junmyeon that night.

-

Junmyeon is watering the plants as early as 6:30 in the morning since he can no longer sleep after waking up at six. His normal body clock works from 6AM until 1AM and that actually because he is there for a vacation, not for a schedule and yet his body fails to cooperate. With a mug of coffee in his hand, he takes a seat on the benches and admires the beauty of the plants swaying according to the flow of the wind.

“Hyung,” Sehun states with his eyes still half closed. “It’s still too early what are you doing here?” Sehun asks.

“I just can’t sleep anymore. By the way, what time does Kyungsoo normally wakes up?” Junmyeon questions and Sehun simple says seven and Junmyeon just chuckles and pats Sehun’s cheek before going back to his shared room with Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo is still sleeping on the bed when Junmyeon walks in. Junmyeon just sits and plays with his ipad and waits for Kyungsoo to finally wake up. 7:14, the clock shows. Kyungsoo slowly moves and stretches his limbs and as he opens his eyes, a blur vision of Junmyeon’s face greets him.

“Star number 5, to see Junmyeon hyung’s face first thing in the morning,” Junmyeon says and starts removing the strands of hair on Kyungsoo’s face. “Good morning, master.” Junmyeon teases and Kyungsoo just covers himself with the comforter.

Junmyeon starts tickling Kyungsoo since Kyungsoo refuses to get up. Junmyeon goes on top of Kyungsoo and starts removing the comforter from Kyungsoo’s head but Kyungsoo pulls it so they start fighting over it all over again.

“Last night you keep putting the comforter over me and now you do not want to give it to me! Kyungsoo come on, get up! Breakfast will be ready in a while,” Junmyeon insists but Kyungsoo just wiggles himself under the sheets and still refuses to get up.

They were arguing for over 10 minutes until Junmyeon decides to pin Kyungsoo on the bed and places himself on top of Kyungsoo with both his legs on either sides of Kyungsoo’s waist. Kyungsoo cannot move from where he is, as if he gets trapped and rolled under the comforter.

“Now get off me, hyung!” Kyungsoo screams and Junmyeon quickly pulls the sheet and starts laughing at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo’s hair is a mess and his face looks a bit bloated, with his eyes wider than the usual.

“Now can you please get off me and stop laughing at me. I bet you look different in the morning too,” Kyungsoo says and tries pushing Junmyeon off him.

“You’re really cute, Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon says and pinches Kyungsoo’s cheek and Kyungsoo flinches and they are arguing again. Kyungsoo is still trying his best to get off the sheets as he tries to push Junmyeon away but Junmyeon is still on top of him, tickling and poking him.

“Um... Guys?” Luhan says, with Jongin and Sehun standing behind him.

“Well breakfast is ready. Maybe after flirting you guys can join us downstairs,” Sehun says and drags Jongin away and they start laughing loudly.

“We’ll see you guys at the dining area then,” Luhan says, trying his best not to laugh and follows Sehun and Jongin out the door.

“Oh my God! Now please, for the nth time Junmyeon hyung, get off me!” Kyungsoo pleads and Junmyeon purses his lower lip trying not to laugh as well. “That’s embarrassing okay, and knowing Jongin he would think of something evil with what he saw and that’s because you never listen to me and you are so—” Kyungsoo stops when he sees Junmyeon not listening to whatever he is saying.

“You’re cute when embarrassed and mad like this,” Junmyeon says and pats Kyungsoo’s cheek. “I’m sorry. Please don’t get mad at me,” Junmyeon states and grabs Kyungsoo’s wrist. “Let’s go!” Junmyeon exclaims but Kyungsoo pulls his arm away.

“I can walk on my own. I don’t need support when walking,” Kyungsoo exclaims and hurriedly walks towards the door but Junmyeon pushes the door closed again.

“I said I’m sorry,” Junmyeon says with a serious tone.

“I heard and that’s okay. I’m just—” Kyungsoo stops and stares at Junmyeon. “Forget it,” Kyungsoo adds.

“Tell me,” Junmyeon insists.

“Hyung, why are you fulfilling my bottled dreams? Is it because you want to make a fan happy? Is it because you started it so you have no choice but to finish whatever you have started? Do you have an idea what’s inside the last couple of stars? My dreams might be stupid for the first few stars but the last one.. I know that is simply just a dream.” Kyungsoo asks.

“Kyungsoo” Junmyeon starts talkng but Kyungsoo didn't let him continue.

“Why are you doing this?” Kyungsoo asks with tears forming in his eyes. “It’s not that I do not want this happening. But everything is happening too fast and I'm seriously so confused. Look, I just want this thing out of my chest, but hyung are you playing with me? With my feelings for you? Please tell me if you are so we can play fair, but if you’re not, I do not know what to think and do anymore,” Kyungsoo whines and Junmyeon just holds him by the shoulder.

“I’m doing this because it makes me happy. It makes me happy that I’m making you happy, Kyungsoo. I love seeing you smile because of me. I love hearing you laugh because of me. I love seeing your eyes shining when you're with me. Now tell me if fulfilling your list makes you upset and I will stop,” Junmyeon says but Kyungsoo shakes his head. “Just stay with me, Kyungsoo. Just be right here beside me and I’ll make you happy with or without that list,” Junmyeon says and after a deep sigh coming from Kyungsoo, Junmyeon wipes Kyungsoo's tears from his cheeks as he opens the door and takes Kyungsoo’s hand in his and pulls him out of the room to meet their friends for breakfast.