Bottled Dreams 11

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo tries his best to avoid being left alone with Junmyeon after the confrontation earlier that day. Sehun drives them around the town the entire day and Kyungsoo makes sure that Jongin will be by his side.

"Jongin, don't leave me walking alone please," Kyungsoo whispers and clings unto his best friend as they walk their way to the small lake Sehun wanted to show them. Jongin asks why, and Kyungsoo just replied with just do what I say and walks faster to catch up on Sehun who is leading the way.

While on their way back to the car, Luhan accidentally trips and fell on the ground and sprained his ankle.

"Are we far from the car?" Junmyeon asks Sehun. They are approximately still half a kilometer away from where the car is and they have no choice but to carry Luhan.

"Help him get on my back," Jongin states and Luhan insists that he can walk. But as soon as he gets up, he falls again and good thing Sehun is right behind him to give him support.

"Hyung, get on my back. I can carry you so don't worry," Jongin insists this time and Kyungsoo helps Luhan to get on Jongin's back.

Sehun is still leading the way, with Jongin and Luhan following him so Kyungsoo has no choice but to walk behind them, with Junmyeon following him.

Kyungsoo is walking very slowly and since he is trying to catch up om Sehun and Jongin, he accidentally stepped on a twig and almost slips but Junmyeon managed to catch him.

"Clumsy," Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo just gets on his feet and starts walking again.

"So are you going to ignore me forever?" Junmyeon asks. Kyungsoo walks faster but Junmyeon is a fast walker too and hurriedly steps in front of Kyungsoo to stop him from walking. "Answer me. Are you just going to ignore me?" Junmyeon asks once more and Kyungsoo just pushed him aside since Junmyeon is blocking the way then Junmyeon quickly pulls Kyungsoo's arm and holds him tightly.

"We are going to lose Sehun if we do not follow them right away. I do not want to get lost. Let's talk later." Kyungsoo replies but Junmyeon shakes his head and drags Kyungsoo behind the tree and once their friends are nowhere in sight, Junmyeon let's go of Kyungsoo.

"Hyung! What is wrong with you? Why are you doing this?" Kyungsoo shouts.

"If we talk back at the guest house, your attention will be all over them so we won't really be able to talk. Also, I'm familiar with this place so stop worrying." Junmyeon sounds disappointed with how Kyungsoo is acting cold towards him and he's unexpectedly talking in a higher and louder tone. "Now answer me, Do Kyungsoo. Are you just going to be a hard headed kid and ignore me?" Junmyeon exclaims.

"I'm not feeling comfortable with you being all sweet and clingy, alright! If that's what you want to hear from me why I'm acting this way. Why are you doing that anyway? I know we are friends but I'm friends with Sehun ad Jongin too but they do not hug me as I sleep or even cuddle with me just when they please!" Kyungsoo replies, his voice is shaking and tears suddenly starts forming on his eyes.

"Kyungsoo, please calm down. You can't be mad, damn it. Sehun will kill me if he finds out I made you upset like this," Junmyeon says as he wipes Kyungsoo's tears running down his cheeks.

"Don't make me like you more than how much I like you already, Junmyeon hyung. It will be hard for me to fall for you. I can't love. I shouldn't love!" Kyungsoo cries his heart out and after a while, he finds out that he is being wrapped in Junmyeon's arms.

"But you cannot control when and who to love. I'm not closing my doors and I hope you will do the same. All I want right now is for you to accept me and please stop pushing me away. I really like you, Kyungsoo." Junmyeon confesses and Kyungsoo starts crying again, now with loud sobs and Junmyeon doesn't know how to handle the situation.

"Please stop crying, Kyungsoo. Please stop oh my God! Sehun will seriously kick my face for making you cry," Junmyeon tries his best to make Kyungsoo stop by patting his back.

"Kyungsoo, let's be friends. I may act too touchy with you but that's because you really give me a special feeling. Please accept me? I promise I will be a nice friend, or a hyung if that's what you prefer." Junmyeon offers and in between silent sobs, Kyungsoo nods.

"Sorry, Junmyeon hyung. I'm sorry for making you upset," Kyungsoo apologizes and wipes his tears away before Junmyeon pulls him for another hug. "Friends?" Kyungsoo mutters.

"Friends. With some benefits." Junmyeon retorts and a slight punch from Kyungsoo hits his chest.

-

Kyungsoo steps out of the door with a huge box of cake on his hands. It is already midnight and as planned, they will welcome Sehun’s birthday together. Junmyeon, Sehun and Jongin are talking by the pool and Luhan is helping Kyungsoo set the table.

A few moments passed and Junmyeon orders Sehun and Jongin to get off the pool already since its 11:50PM. They are splashing water with each other and they accidentally splashed water on Kyungsoo and they both get a deadly glare. Luhan just laughs and continues lighting the cake and Junmyeon just offers his towel to Kyungsoo since he’s wearing a bathrobe anyway.

They sing the birthday song together, eat together, share the cake Kyungsoo made and now they are back to the pool. Luhan is just sitting by the pool since his foot is not completely well yet, and Jongin makes sure Luhan is fine by checking him every once in a while.

Kyungsoo joins Luhan at the corner of the pool with just half their body on water and they just enjoy each other’s company as they watch the three other boys play with water guns and floaters.

“Hyung can I ask you something?” Kyungsoo asks and Luhan just looks at him with a smile telling him to go on. “Is Junmyeon hyung really sweet and clingy?” Kyungsoo wonders and Luhan just laughs as a response.

“He’s clingy just with you, Kyungsoo. He’s not like that with me, or with Sehun, or to anyone. I find it really cute,” Luhan says and continues, “You’re afraid, aren’t you? Jongin told me about your con heart disease. He also warned me that I should watch over Junmyeon because no one can hurt you,” Luhan moves a little closer to Kyungsoo and stares at him for a while.

“What’s with my face?” Kyungsoo asks.

“Nothing. You are really blessed to have such caring and protective friends like Jongin and Sehun,” Luhan states and beams. “Junmyeon likes you, Kyungsoo. I don’t know how to put it into words but he acts differently with you. Kyungsoo, he is not a bad person. Though I have to be honest with you, he never had any past relationships yet. He never had one.” Luhan says and Kyungsoo just stares at him in disbelief. Junmyeon is like a perfect prince, why won’t he date anyone?

“Are you sure? He might have dated a lot but he kept it as a secret from you,” Kyungsoo insists and Luhan just cackles.

“I’m serious, he never had one. From what I can see right now, he’s really interested with you. I bet you’re getting paranoid,” Luhan says because it’s pretty much obvious from how Kyungsoo stares at him. “Let him get to know you, and you should get to know him more as well. Besides, as a fan I am aware you know everything about him. That’s what you can see and what the public knows, but that’s not what you feel and that’s not enough,” Luhan advices and pats Kyungsoo at the back.

“Luhan hyung why are you telling me this? Did he talked to you beforehand?” Kyungsoo is wondering why Luhan is spilling everything at him that moment but before Luhan can tell him that Junmyeon talked to him about this, Junmyeon is sitting beside him and grinning at both of them.

“Hyung, can you move your foot already? Let’s go at the other side of the pool near the falls and let’s talk and play there,” Junmyeon suggests and Jongin is now standing in front of them with Sehun at the other corner waving frantically. Luhan nods and Jongin immediately helps Luhan and guides him towards the manmade waterfalls at the other side of the pool.

Kyungsoo quickly follows and Junmyeon just walks beside him. It’s no longer awkward since they already talked and even though Luhan told him a lot of things, Kyungsoo still tries his best to ignore whatever Luhan spilled. They are just laughing at the sight of Jongin forcing Luhan to get on his back again when Kyungsoo suddenly widens his eyes and stops for a while.

“Hyung?” Kyungsoo says when Junmyeon takes his hand into his.

“They won’t see, don’t worry.” Junmyeon says and looks down at their entwined hands underwater.

“But hyung—“ Kyungsoo stops when Junmyeon just shakes his head and drags him towards everyone who is basically waiting for them at the said waterfalls.

Kyungsoo is trying to take his hand off from Junmyeon but Junmyeon just looks at him and pouts and Kyungsoo just sighs in defeat. He just let Junmyeon play with his hands underwater and he is going to lie if he will say he’s not enjoying what is happening. Instead of getting worried and paranoid, he just goes with the flow and let Junmyeon do whatever makes him delighted.

“I have no idea if holding your hand is part of the list, but I like holding your hand like this,” Junmyeon moves closer in front of Kyungsoo as he whispers.

“Believe it or not, it’s star 18,” Kyungsoo laughs because it is somehow cute how Junmyeon is not following the flow of the list but whatever he is doing, it makes him happy.

“I thought the last few stars will remain as dreams? I’m holding your hand right now and everything is real,” Junmyeon states.

“Whatever, hyung. Let’s not talk about the list please? I’m really shy talking about it,” Kyungsoo steps forward and leans his head on Junmyeon’s shoulder. “But I’m not shy doing this even if they can see us,” Kyungsoo says and closes his eyes. Junmyeon grabs Kyungsoo closer by the waist and even though they are aware that their friends are watching them, they didn’t even bother what the others would think.

“Well aren’t you two being sweet?” Jongin exclaims.

“Mind your own business, you poophead!” Sehun shouts and splashes water on Jongin.

Junmyeon lets go of Kyungsoo’s hand and wraps Kyungsoo by the waist and Kyungsoo gladly wraps his arms over Junmyeon’s shoulder and whispers, “Star 19, to be hugged by you.”

-

Junmyeon is already half asleep when Kyungsoo gets back on their room from Sehun’s room. Kyungsoo silently walks towards the cabinet to look for his pyjamas and as soon as he is done changing his clothes, as soon as he steps out of the comfort room, Junmyeon is now sitting on the bed with his eyes half closed.

“Why are you up? I thought you were sleeping already, sorry if I wake you up.” Kyungsoo apologizes but Junmyeon just shakes his head. Junmyeon pouts and taps the space beside him asking Kyungsoo to join him on the bed and Kyungsoo gladly obeys.

Kyungsoo makes sure that Junmyeon is under the comforter before he finally jumps on the bed to join the older. “You hate the cold,” Kyungsoo states and Junmyeon just nods in agreement.

“You hate dark places, you can’t last long in cold rooms, you prefer summer over winter, and you do not really like sodas,” Kyungsoo says while looking down at Junmyeon. Junmyeon opens his eyes and closes it again after a while and Kyungsoo continues. “You do not like being alone, you like dogs and not cats, you prefer warm than cold shower, you do not like being compared,” Kyungsoo stops when Junmyeon harshly pulls him on top of him.

“Hyung— Kyungsoo says and Junmyeon just go ssshh. They were silent after that, and Kyungsoo just pulls the sheet on top of him as he gladly puts his arms across Junmyeon’s torso and rest his head on Junmyeon’s chest.

“What are you trying to do now?” Junmyeon asks.

“I’m just trying to inform you that I know a lot of things about you. And you, sir? What do you know about me aside from owning a fansite dedicated to you?” Kyungsoo replies and Junmyeon just sighs before replying.

“It doesn’t matter what I know about you as of now. I have this entire life time to get to know you more every day,” Junmyeon states and pulls Kyungsoo even closer, “What I know is that I like you, and I won’t let anyone take you away from me,” Junmyeon adds and Kyungsoo can feel his cheeks burning.

“Hyung, we’re friends right?” Kyungsoo clarifies since they are practically in an awkward position that no friends would do. Kyungsoo is almost on top of Junmyeon with their legs locked and he can feel Junmyeon’s lips on his forehead as he talks.

“We are. For now.” Junmyeon replies and plants a kiss on Kyungsoo’s forehead. “Let’s sleep, I’m really tired. Good night, Kyungsoo.” Junmyeon says and Kyungsoo swears that night that he is completely falling and he won’t stop himself this time.