Bottled Dreams 03

Bottled Dreams

Kyungsoo is sitting at the bleachers as he continuously curse Jongin in his head. Jongin was lucky enough to get picked to enter the fan signing event and unfortunately, Kyungsoo wasn't. He can see how Jongin found a new friend, another fanboy who is standing beside him at the long line of lucky fans who will get Fly High's signatures and a few moments to talk to them.

The previous night when Jongin received an email that he got picked, Kyungsoo shed tears only to please Jongin to give the spot for him but Jongin didn't fell for Kyungsoo's drama.

"Look, I know you have a message to tell Junmyeon hyung. I totally understand that but Kyungsoo, you want to meet him as much as I'm dying to meet Luhan hyung. Let's be fair here, please? So stop crying and just make a letter or something for Junmyeon hyung!" Jongin exclaims and that's the last thing he heard before Jongin steps into his room.

Kyungsoo did. He made a letter that night and folded it like how the stars from the bottles were folded. Kyungsoo needs to relay a message and since that's the only way, he still grabbed that opportunity even though Jongin is being a jerk.

Jongin is on the line when another fanboy approached him. They talked casually and he found out that the other boy's name is Chanyeol and he is a fan of both, not having any bias between Junmyeon and Luhan.

"I co-run ForeverFH.com with a friend but she's not here today," Chanyeol says.

"Oh! I really like your photos and congratulations for the successful fan project you guys did for their comeback," Jongin happily states.

"So are you a new fan?" Chanyeol asks, not aware of how dedicated of a fan Jongin is.

"I own Special Snowflake. Um, SnowLu420.com," Jongin says and Chanyeol replies that he is familiar with the fansite name. "My best friend owns Golden Boy, the Junmyeon fansite," Jongin says and even though it's a bit weird, he laughs at how Chanyeol continuously claps his hands every time new information is given to him. His reactions are the best.

There are only 7 fans left before Jongin's turn. He breathes in and out as he closes his eyes since he cannot control his emotions any longer. He smiles at the images of Luhan saying his name, Luhan's smile, and even how nice would it be to shake Luhan's hand. His moment get cut off when his phone starts ringing.

Kyungsoo.

"What the do you need this time?" Jongin answers the call a bit annoyed because why would Kyunsoo even call at the first place?

"Tell Junmyeon hyung I will do my best to get in for the last fansigning event! Tell him that your friend, which is me obviously is his number one fan and I will lov— uh that's cheesy anyway just tell him I will forever support him and make sure to tell—" Kyungsoo frowns when Jongin ends the call and from his seat he swears he won't cook for Jongin later.

Junmyeon gets excited when Luhan told him that the fanboys are up next after the two fangirls waiting at the side. Junmyeon knows he's not supposed to be biased but having dedicated fanboys is something new to them and to be very honest, it feels nice.

"Hi, what's your name?" Luhan asks with his absolutely beautiful smile on his face.

"Jongin," Jongin smiles back, trying to sound as manly as he can. Jongin knows how his voice gets a pitch higher when he talks about Luhan to Kyungsoo and that will be embarrassing if Luhan finds out.

"That's cute," Luhan says and draws a heart after Jongin's name.

"Thank you, Luhan hyung. By the way, I own Special Snowflake. Um, SnowLu420.com?" Jongin states, hoping that Luhan would recognize the fansite name.

"Oh that one! Your photos are my favorite. Thank you for always supporting me and Junmyeon," Luhan says and extends his hand to Jongin.

, Jongin internally screams and takes Luhan's hand in his. "I hope to see you again somewhere, Jongin," Luhan states and waves as their manager guides Jongin to Junmyeon's side.

"Hey! Name please?" Junmyeon says with slight anticipation coming from him.

"My name is Jongin," Jongin says and takes out the star shaped letter Kyungsoo wants to give Junmyeon. Junmyeon looks up and studies Jongin's face for a while. "It's not me. I mean, my friend wants me to give this to you," Jongin explains and hands Junmyeon the letter.

Junmyeon takes the star from Jongin and smiles back at the innocent shaking boy in front of him. "Are you still studying?" Junmyeon asks after signing the album. "Yes, I'm studying at Seoul National University," Jongin replies.

"Good school. I have a younger brother studying there as well," Junmyeon states, referring to Sehun. Junmyeon suddenly asks for a piece of paper from their manager and before he let Jongin go, something unexpected happened.

"So tell me, that friend of yours who is addicted to stars, what's his name?" Junmyeon asks, planning to give a special signature.

"Kyungsoo. His name is Kyungsoo," Jongin happily says and on that spot, Junmyeon signs on the paper with a simple thank you at the lower part of the paper.

"He really likes you, Junmyeon hyung. Thank you so much! He will cry over this I swear," Jongin says before their manager asks Jongin to leave.

"Wait," Junmyeon exclaims.

"Tell your friend I want to meet him. We have our last event next week. I hope to see you guys there as well. Bye!" Junmyeon says and waves his hand on Jongin.

While on their way home, Kyungsoo is still not talking to Jongin. They walked together, they even took the train and bus together but Kyungsoo is still not saying anything to his best friend. Once they were home, Kyungsoo removes his jacket and goes immediately to the kitchen to prepare a cup ramyeon for himself. Jongin noticed how there's only one cup that moment since Kyungsoo always make his food and maybe that's a sign he needs to start talking to him.

"Maybe you should add another cup for me," Jongin complains but Kyungsoo is not even listening.

"I have something for you," Jongin states and still Kyungsoo is not even glancing at him.

Jongin takes out the piece of paper from Junmyeon and waits for Kyungsoo to turn his back. Kyungsoo is still upset, he is mad and disappointed up to the point that he wants to kick Jongin's face.

"Look here or you will regret this for the rest of your life," Jongin exclaims and Kyungsoo did. Jongin is holding the piece of paper with a smug face.

To Kyungsoo, thank you; the paper says. The familiar signature made Kyungsoo's eyes gets wider than the usual.

"Now do you want this and the story behind it or I'll throw this? Make me a cup of noodles first and we'll talk," Jongin threatens and Kyungsoo gladly makes another cup for his best friend.

Cup noodles will take 5 minutes to cook so Jongin is just at the couch, staring at Kyungsoo who is breathing heavily as he pouts and stares back at Jongin. Kyungsoo cannot move closer, he knows Jongin is upset as much as he is but he needs that paper in his life.

"The noodles are ready," Kyungsoo says, now smiling at Jongin. There is also an orange juice that Kyungsoo made and Jongin just laughs at how stupid Kyungsoo is.

"Look Kyungsoo. Don’t say a word, and do this building a favour and don't scream. Junmyeon hyung said he wants to meet you and that he is hoping to see us on their last fan signing event. He gave me this special signature for you. So buy even just one more album for the last event at Incheon next week. Then let fate do the thing," Jongin says and gives Kyungsoo the paper before taking his food and a glass of orange juice to their small living room.

The next day, Sehun bumps into Kyungsoo who is walking like a dead person along the corridor near the library. Sehun actually bumped into the smaller boy intentionally that almost made Kyungsoo fall from the strong impact. Kyungsoo's books from his hands fell and like a lifeless creature he just stares at Sehun as he slowly picks up the books on the floor.

"What is wrong with you? Oh my God look at your eyebags!" Sehun exclaims as soon as Kyungsoo starts walking again. "Hey Kyungsoo talk to me! What's up? Exam week will take place a month from now so I do not get why you have those black bags under your eyes," Sehun says, trying to get Kyungsoo's attention but no, still unsuccessful.

Kyungsoo walks continuously until Sehun sees Jongin running towards them. Jongin greeted them happily as he share stories of how his day went and all throughout the conversation, Kyungsoo is just motionless like a lethargic person.

"Jongin, what happened? Why is Kyungsoo like this?" Sehun asks Jongin hoping that he would finally get the answer he wants to hear from Kyungsoo.

"I was able to get in the fansigning event of Fly High yesterday and Junmyeon hyung gave me a special autograph for Kyungsoo. Before I went to bed last night, I checked on him and he is just sitting on his bed with the autograph in his hands. I'm not over reacting okay. The moment I get up this morning, he is almost at the same position just a bit leaning at the head board. Well I assume he didn't sleep and he just stared at the signature the whole night," Jongin narrates and Sehun just giggles, he wants to laugh out loud because who is this Junmyeon they are referring to? It's his Junmyeon hyung.

"It's not an ordinary signature, you stupid," Kyungsoo starts talking. "It has a To Kyungsoo, Thank You note so please it is extraordinary," Kyungsoo explains and starts walking towards the university gate.

Sehun and Jongin just let Kyungsoo walk ahead of them and as they walk their way out of the campus, Sehun just listens to Jongin's story of how yesterday's event went.

"I'm really happy, Sehun. I hope next week, Kyungsoo gets a chance to meet Luhan hyung and Junmyeon hyung as well," Jongin says before catching up on Kyungsoo and waves to Sehun good bye when Sehun's driver greets them in front of the gate.

The night before the last fan signing event, Kyungsoo is crying in his room. It is almost 11 in the evening and he didn't get any email which means he cannot get in for the event. Jongin keeps on knocking but he just ignores his best friend's presence at the other side of the wooden door.

"I have good news Kyungsoo so open up!" Jongin exclaims but Kyungsoo thinks Jongin is just tricking him to open the door.

"Damn it Kyungsoo open the door if you want to meet Junmyeon hyung tomorrow! I mean it!" Jongin shouts and Kyungsoo opens the door even faster than the speed of light. Kyungsoo's eyes are swollen, he is pouting at Jongin with tears still running down his cheeks.

"Stop crying now. I got you a pass!" Jongin states and Kyungsoo's jaw immediately dropped.

"How?” Kyungsoo asks.

"My new friend Chanyeol, the one I was with last week at the event. Well he got picked again but he cannot go tomorrow since his sister is sick while his best friend cannot go either since she has an exam. So he messaged me and asked if he should place my name under his in exchange but I asked him to put in your name so ta dah! You're meeting Junmyeon hyung tomor--" Jongin gets cut by a loud cry from Kyungsoo. Loud meaning the entire room is covered by his voice, he collapses on the floor as he wipes the tears running down his face.

"Damn it Kyungsoo stop crying! Our neighbors will once again think that we are arguing," Jongin pleases and Kyungsoo just sobs in his place, trying to control his emotions.

"Treat me dinner tomorrow?" Jongin asks.

"You do not really give without getting something in return," Kyungsoo says but nods in agreement anyway.


--

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin arrives at the event a bit late. The crowd is quite big already so before diving in the sea of fangirls, they have decided to use the comfort room. Jongin drags Kyungsoo at the comfort room near the backstage. Kyungsoo asks why they have to go there when in fact, a closer comfort room is located near the mall’s entrance.

“I need to poo and the other comfort room is too crowded,” Jongin says and Kyungsoo laughs so loud that the entire wing of the mall can hear his laughter.

“I’m glad I made you smile. Between the two of us, you are the one who looks constipated. Breathe, Kyungsoo. Breathe in, breathe out. You might die later so relax,” Jongin says before handing his bag to Kyungsoo as he get in the cubicle.

“I’ll wait for you here,” Kyungsoo says and puts their bag at the counter near the sink. Kyungsoo starts taking selcas and when he found the perfect photo to upload, he starts editing them. Kyungsoo is very focused on his editing that he didn’t notice that there are 2 people getting in the comfort room.

Eyes on phone, ears are too deaf to even care who the people are. His mind is still blank as he think of what to say to Junmyeon when he gets up on stage.

“Hey, can you help me decide if I should use black or blue coat?” One of the boys says.

“Well, blue suits you more,” The other one replied.

“Kyungsoo are you still there?” Jongin’s voice echoes the entire room.

“Kyungsoo?” The smaller boy states.

Kyungsoo stops pressing his phone and slowly glances at the people beside him. The world suddenly stops, everything feels like moving in slow motion just like how special effects on movies happen. Kyungsoo’s eyes gets wider, his eyes are indeed very expressive.

“You are Kyungsoo?” Junmyeon asks.

With the sound of the toilet bowl flushing from Jongin’s cubicle, Kyungsoo hurriedly picks up his belongings and ran his way out of the comfort room. Jongin unlocks the door and sees Luhan and Junmyeon at the counter and basing from Junmyeon’s expression, he was indeed in the state of shock.

“Oh, you are Jo— I forgot your name sorry. His fan right?” Junmyeon states, pointing at Luhan.

“Jongin, my name is Jongin. Please remember my name,” Jongin says and Luhan just nods and smiles and at that moment, Jongin is silently thanking all the angels and saints he knows.

“So that’s your friend? I promise I didn’t mean to scare him but he just ran and gave me that frightened blank expression,” Junmyeon explains and Jongin just laughs as he tries to calm himself as well as he gets his bag from the sink where Kyungsoo left it.

“He managed to get in for today’s event so you will meet him later so maybe you can ask him why he ran from you. I don’t know the answer either why he did but he’s really happy and excited to meet you,” Jongin replies, trying to make his voice sound stable even though he knows he is shaking.

“Okay. Nice to meet you. I’ll meet your friend later then. His name is Kyungsoo, right?” Junmyeon asks to make sure that he got the name right.

“Yes. I’ll go search for him now. Thank you, for making this day special to me,” Jongin bows and walks towards the door.

“See you around, Jongin! Thank you, for always staying with us.” Luhan says and waves his hand at Jongin as they watch the younger boy leave the comfort room. Once the door closes, Jongin starts smiling to himself because hearing his name slip from Luhan’s lips is the sweetest kind of melody that he can listen to over and over again and will never get tired.