Chapter 8

The Unrequited love

I was in a rather bad mood a yesterday that's why my update was short. I felt guilty for bringing out my anger on my story. Sorry. Anyway, here's another update. :) Hope you like it. :)


"Ahjussi, please stop here." Lai paid the taxi driver and hurriedly got out. After getting permission to leave school, Lai ran to the school's exit and flagged for a cab. "Agassi! here." The taxi driver handed her back the change. "You can keep it ahjussi. it's for you." Lai gave him a weak but sincere smile. "No, i can't accept this. it's too much." "Just take it ahjussi, please?" Lai reasoned out. "I'm only taking this because i don't want to stress you any further. Here." The Ahjussi handed her a handkerchief. "Stop crying and get some rest. The day is just starting, try to smile eo?" The Ahjussi took her hand and placed his handkerchief there. Lai smiled and nodded. "Thank you very much Ahjussi. I hope you can live longer and continue to give smiles on other peoples faces. You're an angel ahjussi" Lai smiled. "Aigoo, Thank you. Stop crying okay?" The Ahjussi patted her head and bid her goodbye. "Ahjussi! Drive safe!" Lai waved. Lai looked up to the Company logo and sighed. 

As soon as Lai stepped into Company's grounds, the place was filled with gasps and whispers. "Omo omo, who's that girl?" "How did she get pass the security?" "I've never seen her before." Lai fast walked to the receptionist. "Excuse me.." Lai said quietly. "Yes may i help-" The receptionist gasped when she saw Lai. "O-omona. Miss Jo, why are you here?" The Receptionist looked at her. Lai rarely visited their company, she would only come here when her dad needed her. "Annyeonghasaeyo, The president called me for some matters and i was supposed to meet him." Lai said. "Wait a minute, I'll just call his secretary. You can sit there while i make the call. Do you want any drinks?" The receptionist offered. "No, i'm fine. Thanks." She smiled and walked ot the company's waiting area.

Minutes passed and the lobby was suddenly errupted in quiet squeels. "Omona~ He's so handsome." "Is he dating someone?" "I don't think so but i would gladly volunteer." The female employees squeeled. "Lai?" A man approached Lai and stared at her. Lai didn't recognise him at first but when he removed his shades.."Jonghun oppa?" Lai stared at him.



Last time they saw each other was 5 years ago, when Jonghun had his farewell party because he left for Paris to be a musician and model. "Omona, They know each other." ". trying to seduce my man." One girl said. That caught both Jonghun and Lai's attention. Jonghun, not liking how his uncle's employees treated Lai, walked up to them. 

"Hi." Jonghun greeted them. The girls blushed and started showing of their necks and legs. Obviously trying to get Jonghun attention. "Yes?" One girl said. Her voice 3 octaves higher. Jonghun faked a smile. "What was that about my girl?" Jonghun asked, still smiling. The girls shifted uncomfortably. "Omo, you heard that?" One girl rolled her eyes and answered, her voice full of sarcasm. It annoyed Jonghun real bad. This wants to die early huh. He thought.He fixed his posture, his face becoming more serious.

"Look here es. I didn't want to be rude to you and all but you just crossed the line. If you still want to live, i suggest you better leave this company." Jonghun said. "How dare you. Who do you think you are? huh? Do you own this company?" The girl who flirted stood her ground. "Oppa stop it. They're not worth it." Lai pulled his elbow. " doesn't know her place. Bunch of show offs. They think they own the company." One girl cussed. Lai chuckled and turned around. "Where are you going?" Jonghun stopped her. "Someone needs to learn their lesson." She walked to them with angry eyes and stood just infront of the girl, leaving a good 1 meter distance. "I'm sorry i didn't introduce myself earlier. I'm Jo Lai, Daughter and heiress to JK industries." Lai introduced herself. The two girls widened their eyes while Jonghun smirked. Lai's face turned from 'bubbly' to serious -face. "Listen to what i will say because i won't repeat myself. Im giving you two one last chance. Continue on with this kind of behavior and i guarantee you two, you won't be surviving today's society with unemployed statuses. especially when JK industries sponsors almost everything here in Korea." She explained. The girls remained silent. "Ma'am, The president wants to see you now." The receptionist said. "Seyong-ssi, please take care of these two. Please give them their last paycheck for this month under my name. I wouldn't want their attitude to be the cause of our company's bad image and make sure they won't get any work in this city." Lai gave them a last 'smile' and walked off, leaving the two girls whoe were begging for their jobs back. "Nice work back there." Jonghun whispered. "Learned from the best." Lai smirked. Jonghun high-fived Lai and escorted her to the 30th floor.

"Here's your stop." Jonghun smiled at her. She gave him a small smile and waved goodbye. Lai took a deep breath stepped out. she walked further and saw the sliding entrance to her father's office. The door automatically opened revealing her father's back facing him. "Abeoji." Lai greeted. "Sit down." Mr. Jo said. She did what was told and sat down on the leather couch.

"You called because i had to attend some matters?.." She said. Mr. Jo turned around and smiled weakly. Lai frowned. "Why not give me a hi and a hug first." He smiled. Lai walked to her father's open arms and rested her head on his shoulder. "Appa, i missed you." She whispered. "Aigoo, my little girl is all grown up now." He caressed her long, red-brown hair. "Appa.." she sobbed on his houlder. Mr.Jo panicked as to why she suddenly cried. "Why? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He wiped his daughter's tears. "Appa..here.. it hurts so much.." She sobbed and pointed to her heart. "Appa...My heart hurts..." She sobbed louder. He looked at his precious daughter's state and pulled her deep into his arms. He hushed her to calm down.

"Tell me what's wrong? What happened?" He brought them to the couch and sat down. Lai rested her head on his shoulder and sniffed one last time. She told him about everything. We'll except for the fact that they kissed for a long time. She lied and said it was just a peck. It would be just so wrong to tell her own dad they kissed passionately. That would be so awkward. By the time she ended, her father was more than furious. "How dare he treat you like that." He said angrily. "I should ban him from Korea right this instant." He took out his phone in attempt to call BigHit's CEO but Lai stopped him. "Appa stop it. You're not helping." She frowned at her dad. "But he hurt my baby girl." He tucked her hair behind her ear. "Appa..i just need to move on. It's not his fault i liked him and hoped that we had a chance. I was just too engrossed in my imaginations." She gave him a weak smile. 

"Appa, you wanted to talk to me about some matters?" She remembered. "Yes. About that...See, You, being the only one who will inherit everything in this company. The board wants you to start managing some departments. I told them that you're managing a few departments now. And France, being the only one with lowest interest and income, I decided to let you start your work there as a board member." He said. He looked to see what was her reaction but she just nodded in understanding. "When will i fly to France?" She asked, her expression unreadable but you can tell that her attention is on this meeting. "Anytime your ready." Mr. Jo passed her a folder containing her employment contract. "Lai, think it over okay? Just give me a call and we can talk about this matter some other time. For now, i'd like you too take plenty of rest." He patted her head. "don't worry appa, I won't let you down. I won't let this company down." She smiled. I won't let my broken heart take over my Father's hardwork. Lai said to herself.

*knock knock* "Sir, Young master Jonghun is here." Seunghyun, Mr. Jo's secretary said. "Thank you. Lai, go with Jonghun. Rest okay? If you need anything just give me a call ok?" Mr. Jo said. "Nae appa. Goodbye." She hugged him one last time before heaidng fo rthe door. "Thanks appa. If Eomma was just alive, she would be so happy how much you've changed and how much close we've got." She said. "Even if she's not physically with us, she will always be in our hearts. Don't worry, i'm pretty sure she's watching us from above." He chuckled. She did too. "Go go, Jonghun can be really noisy when he's waiting. I don't want to deal with his whining. Take care eo?" He said. "Nae appa, Bye. I love you." "I love you too." 

"Yah, i just lost 3 minutes of my precious time waiting for you." He joked. "Psh. What kind of cousin are you?" She said when they entered the elevator. " A sweet, hot, y and handsome one." He said proudly. "Yeah sure. whatever you say oppa." She got out of the elevator and to Jonghun's car. "What? I am one right?" He asked himself. Lai just chukled at his conceited oppa. Her day somehow getting better. 

                                                                              *******************

"Hello Seniors, As you all know, Ms. Lee got sick and took a leave for 3 days." The principal announced. "However, We found you a replacement and that would be Mr. Choi over here." Mr. Choi entered the classroom with a handsome smile. The girls squeeled in delight while the boys groaned. "Settle down class. Now, i want you ot be in your best behavior. Treat him well, okay?" The principal said. "Nae!" The class chorused. "Mr. Choi, i will take my leave now. If anything goes wrong, just give me a call."  The principal patted his shoulder and left the classroom. Mr Choi looked at the class and smiled in delight, making the girls blush. 


"Hello everyone, I'm Mr. Choi Minhwan, you're temporary music teacher. I'm 24 years old, Single and this is my first time teaching. I'm a musician so don't worry, the class won't be full of lectures and stuff." The class chuckled. "Ok. enough for that. Since your teacher didn't give me any notes about your lesson and i don't have a book, should we start with self-introduction?" Mr. Choi smiled and sat on the edge of his table. 

"Let's start with the girl in the back. The one who isn't paying attention." Mr. Choi pointed at JM. Jungkook nudged her and she looked up from her book. She stared at Minhwan for a few seconds and looked at him with wide eyes. "Oppa?" JM asked. The girls gasped while the boys looked at her with a confused face. "Jaemin-ssi, i would appreciate it if you would call me 'Saem or Sir ' inside the classroom and 'Minhwan oppa' outside school grounds. would that be fine?" Mr. Choi raised a brow. JM nodded slowly and apologized. "Sorry for my mistake Mr. Choi. I was just shocked to see you here. Sorry." Jaemin bowed her head. "Apology accepted, Please tell us your full name, age and what field do you major on." Mr. Choi requested. 

JM cleared her throught and stood straight. "Hello, My name is Kim Jaemin or JM for short. I'm 18 years old and i major in Performing arts, Music department to be exact. That's all, thanks." JM bowed once again and sat down. "Thank you for that, next." Mr. Choi gestured to the man beside JM. Jungkook stood up and greeted. "Hello, My name is Jeon Jungkook, I'm 18 years old. I major in performing arts, Dance and Music department. Thank you." Jungkook bowed and sat down. Introduction went on for a good 15 minutes before Mr. Choi started class. 

                                                                                   ***********

"Ms. Kim, would you like to show the class the basics in playing the drums?" Mr. Choi called for JM. "Nae." JM walked up to the front and settled down on the chair. JM looked up to him for a signal to go on. He winked and nodded. JM demonstrated as she was told to. "Excellent. I taught you well." Mr. Choi smiled. JM gave him a sarcastic eyesmile and walked back to her chair. The bell rang loudly indication that music class is over and lunchbreak is starting. "See you guys tomorrow. bye" Mr. Choi fixed the instruments. JM stayed behind and helped Minhwan with the chairs. "Mr.Choi.." "Minhwan oppa" Minhwan corrected her. "Oh goodness. i was going to die back there. Oppa, when did yoe came back from Paris?" JM asked. Minhwan chuckled and settled on a chair. "Last Saturday, why?" "Last saturday? And you didn't even bother to visit us? What kind of cousin is Jonghun oppa to Lai eonnie." JM crossed her arms. "A disgustingly narcissistic one?" Minhwan asked. The two laughed and high-fived each other. "Hey, Did you eat already?" Minhwan asked. "Nope. Kaja, you're treat." JM picked up her bag and pushed Minhwan out. 

Jungkook peeked out from the classroom door to see if anyone saw him. His heart clenched when he saw JM laugh and smile with Minhwan. Although he was only 6 years older, Jungkook couldn't help but feel irritated, jealous and heart broken.