Chapter 18

The Unrequited love

“103…103…103!” V ran for the 

door but was stopped by some men. 

“sir, you can’t go in here.” one built man said.
“what the..”
V looked closely at the name under the said number. 

Room 103
Mrs. Jo Lai


It’s the right room. V tried to get in only to be stopped again.
“Get off me!” V shouted. “We can’t do that.” one man said.
“Let me-”
“Release him.” an older looking man ordered.

The built man set him down at a distance and stood back to his place.
V fixed his clothes and glared at the man who carried him.

“i apologize on their behalf, your not hurt are you?” the old man asked. 
“Im fine.” V answered impatiently.
“and you are?” V asked.
“im Kim Jaesok, Mrs. Jo’s personal Butler.” he smiled and bowed.

“Can i see Lai?” V asked calmly. 
“You are?”
“Kim Taehyung, Lai’s…friend” V answered.
“Ahh yes. Mr. Kim. I have heard a lot about you.” he said. She talks about me… V thought.
“Tan, let him in.” The built guy bowed at V and stepped aside for him.
“Thanks” V then quickly entered the room and looked for her.

Lai? V walked closer. He saw Lai sleeping on a bed. Well he was shocked for one. She’s so pale… V frowned.

Butler Kim came in and asked if V wanted anything, he replied with a simple ‘no thank you’ and took the butler’s offer to sit down. He then excused himself and left the room.

“Lai..Why did you faint?” V asked.
“I was tired.” Lai answered with her eyes closed.
“You-”
“Hi.” Lai opened her eyes and weakily smiled at him.

V immediately engulfed her in a tight hug in which she unsurely returned.

“I was worried about you! Don’t scare me like that!” he scolded.

Lai smiled and tightened the hug. Oh how she missed his voice, his hug, his face, him. She chuckled.

“Why are you laughing? HOW CAN YOU LAUGH AT A TIME LIKE THIS?!” V half-shouted and broke the hug, still holding her shoulders.

She shook her head saying it was nothing and smiled.

“Well i thought it would be awkward.” Ari said, who just came with Jin and Kyana.
Lai chuckled. “Hi eonnie, Hi oppa.” She waved.
Jin came closer and ruffled her hair. “Hey kiddo.” Jin smiled.
Ari walked to Lai’s left side and hugged her.

“How can you faint when JM is just sleeping a floor above yours?”Ari scolded.
“I was just..tired.” Lai mumbled.
“Sure you were. I bet you rarely eat and don’t get much sleep.” Ari said. 

V’s brows furrowed more.

“Hey, i ate on the plane okay.” Lai defended herself.
“And did you eat or sleep before that?” Kyana asked.
“Well…i was at the office that time….i kinda forgot to eat…”Lai mumbled.

“How can you forget to eat and not sleep?!” V raged.
“I was busy!” Lai retorted.
“Even though!” Kyana said.
“ok, let’s stop the shouting. How about we just go and eat, Lai, feeling any better?” Jin asked.
“i’ll just sleep here for a while, you guys can go and eat.” Lai smiled a small one.

“I’ll stay.” V said. His voice a tiny pitch higher.
Kyana chuckled.
“bipolar much?” Kyana mumbled
“How can he not? He’s with Lai.” Jin whispered.

Ari looked at Jin and Kyana and saw that Kyana blushed a tint of red when Jin whispered beside her ear.

They then bid goodbye leaving V with Lai.

“Rest. You need to sleep. I’ll wake you up when the food is here.” V stood up and tucked Lai to sleep.

Lai watched him. Random thoughts came into her head, from their memories to how much she missed him.

“V?” Lai called.
“Mm?” V hummed in a questioning tone, still fixing her blanket from above.
Lai frowned when he didn’t look down.
“V?” she tried again.
“Yes-” V was taken off guard when Lai suddenly kissed him, on the jaw. She couldn’t reach his cheek so she kissed there. 

“Thank you. For still caring, even after i left..” she mumbled the last part and looked away.

He lifted her chin with his forefinger for her to look at him, But she shrugged his finger and looked down instead. V then cupped her cheeks to prevent her from turning away.

They stared at each others eyes, deep thoughts crossing each others heads. V couldn’t wait any longer and just went for her lips. She didn’t resist tho. His hand s its way to her neck and tilted it, to get a deeper angle.

“Taehyung..” Lai whispered.
“Hey stop it.” She pushed V back a little.
He then looked at her and searched for her eyes.
“What’s wrong?” V asked, sitting on her bed.
“Too much..” she chuckled.
He too, chuckled.

Lai reached out her thumb and wiped off the lipstick stain on the corner of his lips.

“sorry.. You have lipstick there.” Lai mumbled and looked down.
He chuckled. “Thanks. Oh and you’re really red right now.” He said. 

She then pulled the blanket above her head, covering her whole body and face.

“Don’t tease. It’s not funny.” she said. 
He laughed a little and ruffled her hair.
“ok i’ll stop. But how come you were awake when i got here?” he asked. 

“who wouldn’t be bothered when you were shouting outside?” she put down her blanket and continued.
“I may have fainted just then but you’re voice was really loud for my ears” she said.
“Sorry.” he smiled sheepishly at her.
“it’s fine. Now don’t try anything funny, im really sleepy.” She said and got ready to sleep.

He kissed her forehead and fixed her fringe. “sweet dreams.” he said shortly and went back to sit on his chair.

Meanwhile..

“I’ll stay upstairs with JM. You guys go and buy drinks. I forgot to buy some on the way here” Ari said when they left Lai’s room.

“ok then. Let’s go?” Jin said, stretching out his arm to the direction of the elevator. “psh.” Kyana punched his shoulder lightly and walked ahead.


Ok. first things first.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LOVELY SUBBERS!~ XD
How was the party? :> I got Percy Jackson books as a present from my parents. :)) i think... Anyway. Here's a rather short update. I was supposed to post it on V's birthday but it was too damn short so....*cough* ok. next thing..

BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY PRECIOUS TOP 2 KIM TAEHYUNG, Son of Daehyun and Baekhyun, Manly vocalist of B.A.P and Diva of EXO...-K. =))
I love you Kim Taehyung, you weird Mr. Bean look-a-like.BTW, i bought you teddy.....=)))
ok. I just love this bongus. ok. i should stop. THAT'S IT. THANK YOU!~

Ps. I love you Kim Taehyung, Grow well.. :) - Jo Lai/Author..kekeke