Chapter 9

The Unrequited love

THANKS FOR THE NEW SUBBIES!~ XD I LOVE YOU ALL!~ HERE'S AN UPDATE!~ And please do check out for my rant below this update. :) ENJOY!~



"Okay spill it." Jonghun suddenly said. Lai looked at his cousin with a confused face. "Spill what?" She asked. "Don't act dumb Lai, You're too obvious. You've been acting very gloomy lately. You also skipped school yesterday and today. What's wrong?" Jonghun said.

Jonghun remained bothered when Lai was too quiet. Normally, Lai would blabber Jonghun about everything everytime they met. But when Lai said to drop her home yesterday when it was still time for school, He knew something was wrong. He tried asking but when he saw how tired Lai looked, he stopped himself from exhausting her more. And today, Lai went to Jonghun's agency instead. Jonghun wasn't expecting her there but when she came, he canceled all of his plans for Lai. They then went to a park by the Han river and there, Jonghun sat with Lai who remained silent and blank. 

Lai sighed, she badly needed someone to talk to. As much as she wanted to keep everything a secret, she just coudln't. "I'm just tired.." Lai started. "Lai." Jonghun said in a serious tone. She sighed again. "I'm leaving Korea.." She said. Jonghun chocked on air and coughed. He looked at her with wide eyes and said "Excuse me?". "I'm leaving for France this Friday." She said. There was a long pause before she continued. "The Company's board members want me to take charge of our branch in France. Something about wanting to know if i was worth Appa's position in the company." she explained. "Aren't you rushing things?." Jonghun said. Lai looked at the sea and said "I've really thought about it. and i think i'm not. This is my future oppa, as much as i don't want to do this, i also wouldn't want to waste Appa's efforts in making me the company's Heiress." she said. Silence filled them, both having their own thoughts. "But you wouldn't be this gloomy if it was just about business." Jonghun suddenly said. Lai looked at him with a slightly shocked face before she emotionlessly chuckled. "You can really read me like an open book huh." She said. Jonghun looked at her and said what was on his mind. "Is it a boy?" He asked. When Lai remained silent, he took that as a yes and sighed. "What happened?" Jonghun asked. Lai looked up to Jonghun, tears already starting to glisten under the sun. Jonghun looked at her, panick visible in his face. He never saw Lai cry over a guy. "Lai-ah." Jonghun hugged her and patted her back. That made Lai cry more. She hugged his cousin back tightly. "Oppa." She cried. "Shh. Just let it all out, Oppa is here." Jonghun calmed Lai down.

When he was sure she stopped, he broke the hug and wiped her tears. "Aigoo, you still cry like a baby huh?" Jonghun joked to lighten up the mood. Lai laughed a little and smacked his arm lightly. "You still want to talk about it?" Jonghun asked, not sure if he should let her tell him about her painful memory that made her cry. Lai nodded and gathered her thoughts before telling him about her heartbreak. Lai had a boyfriend before but she never cried because of him. She never felt what love was like until V came in her life. Sure she had a boyfriend but that was because she was young and blinded by his charms. 

                                                                           ********************

"Hey Kiddo~" J-hope greeted Jungkook when he entered their dorm. "Hi Hyung." He threw his bag on the floor and went straight to his room. J-hope looked at Jungkook then to V and Jimin. "Hi hyung." V greeted. He also threw his bag on the floor and sprawled all over the floor. J-hope looked at Jimin but he just sighed. Jimin gestured for J-hope to go to the dining room and they did.

"What's wrong with Jungkook and Taehyung?" J-hope asked. "They've been that way since yesterday.." J-hope said. "I don't know about Jungkook's problem. He was just quiet the whole ride home. As for V.." Jimin paused and sighed. "Why? did something happen?" J-hope asked. "He kissed Lai because he thought she was Eunbin." J-hope spit out the water he was drinking and coughed. "Aish." Jimin made the 'shh' gesture and handed him a tissue. "Is he crazy?! why would he do that?!" J-hope whispered angrily. "He kissed her because he thought she was Eunbin!" Jimin repeated. J-hope huffed angrily and told him to continue. "then Lai confessed that she loves him." Jimin whispered. J-hope, by now, was looking at him with a 'WTF' expression. Jimin just nodded, saying that it was the truth. "Yesterday, he kept on crying because he broke Lai's heart." Jimin sighed, remembering how vulnerable V was. "but why does he look very down today?" J-hope asked. "Lai didn't attend today's classes." Jimin answered. J-hope shooked his head. He felt sorry for V. It would be a little better if he knew V wasn't sensitive but sadly, he is and it wasn't helping.

 
                                                                          ********************

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jin sat up when Jungkook layed flat on his stomach and sighed on his pillow. "Hyung. i don't know what to do anymore." Jungkook sighed. "Can you tell me first what happened?" Jin asked. Jungkook rolled over and layed on his back instead. "I'm upset." Jungkook pouted. "Why?" Jin asked. "That new substitue teacher Mr. Choi keeps on clinging on JM and i hate it." Jungkook huffed. Jin chuckled mentally at how cute Jungkook reacted. "Why would you hate it?" Jin teased. "Because JM keeps calling him oppa out of class and she can't call me oppa because i was born late and they're always together acting all close and stuff and they look like a couple but of course I would be a greater choice for JM but i Nooo, Mr. Choi just had to come in between our precious moments and take her away." Jungkook said in one go. He was more than furious everytime Mr. Choi took JM from him leaving Jungkook all alone. 'Aigoo, Our maknae is becoming a man..' Jin thought. "Well? are you just going to look at me? Aren't you supposed to help me? Hyung." Jungook whined like a kid. Jin ruffled Jungkook's hair and smiled. "Just wait until this teacher leaves school, you can't lose your cool when Mr. Choi is around now can we?" Jin asked. Jungkook nodded. "Just show him who's better." Jin patted his head. Jungkook sat up and did the hwaiting sign. " I should show him who's boss right now." Jungkook quickly chnage dout of his uniform and to his casual clothes. "Where do you think you're going?" Jin asked. "Uh i'm going to interrupt Mr. Choi and JM's sweet time?" Jungkook said before putting on a shirt. "But school ended." Jin said. "Yeah but Mr. Choi also happened to be Playlist noona-deul's friend. so Mr. Choi is at Playlist's residence." Jungkook tied his shoelaces and fixed his hair. He styled it in a messy look and smiled in content. He turned to look at Jin only to find him also changing. "Hyung?" Jungkook asked. "I'm coming with you, i want to see Kyana." Jin struggled to put his pants on. He stopped what he was doing and scrunched his face. Jungkook caught something and grinned cheekily. "You want to see who?" Jungkook asked. "Ky-Kyumi. yeah. i wann see Kyumi, you know, the dog. psh." Jin waved him off and left the room. Aish, that was so close.. Jin thought. 

                                                                          ********************

"So what do you plan on doing now?" Jonghun asked Lai. After Lai told him about V, Jonghun wanted to look for this V and punch him square on the face for what V did. Lai calmed him down and told him it was useless even if he hit V. 'It's not like he'll love me back nor change things up if you hit him. so don't even bother to.'  Those words made Jonghun calm down and stay by Lai's side instead. "I'm planning to leave without telling anyone. Just you and appa." Lai replied. Jonghun looke dat her like she said the most weirdest things before asking again "What?". "I'm planning on leaving this Friday. I'll treat them all to Dinner, all of my friends, then at midnight i'll sneak out and head to the airport. I've booked my flight already and i've informed appa about everything so don't even bothe rto change anything." Lai casually sipped on her coffee and continued to admire the sunset. "Lai.." Jonghun sighed. "Is it really necessary to leave Korea without them having the slightest clue? You're leaving for a year Lai, a year. That's really long. Are you sure about this?" Jonghun reconfirmed. Afterall, she just experienced her first heart break and wasn't emotionally stable. "I'm sure oppa. I thought about this really well. You know me, i don't mix my personal life with Business. It's just so unprofessionnal. " Lai said. "You have a point there." Jonghun said. "So, you'll help me with this right?" Lai asked again. Jonghun sighed through his nose and said "Yes." 

                                                                          ********************

"Kookie-ah!" JM jumped from her seat when she saw Jungkook standing by the door. "Oh, Jungkook-ah." Minhwan greeted. "Mr. Choi, Annyeonghasaeyo." JM greeted him. "Just Minhwan, no need to call me that outside of school." Minhwan smiled. "Kookie-ah, are you here for practice?" JM asked. Jungkok nodded and smiled. "Practice?" Minhwan asked. "We have a dance recital and we have practice today. i called him over so..." JM trailed her eyes to Jungkook then to Minhwan. "Can i watch?" Minhwan asked. Just when i thought he could leave..' Jungkook thought. "Just a little okay?" JM said. Minhwan nodded and followed them to the dance room.

"5..6..7-Ah! I'm tired!" JM stopped and fell on the floor. She hummed in comfort and closed her eyes. "Jaemin? troublemaker? Isn't that a little..too much?" Minhwan said. "It's what JM chose." Jungkook shrugged. "Jaemin?" Minhwan looked at JM. "No! It's because we draw lots and then by chance i picked that then yah!" JM shouted in frustration. She was afraid Minhwan got the wrong idea. "Oho. what's this. Why are you two blushing?" Minhwan teased JM and Jungkook. "Oppa.." JM whined. "What? Are you two dating?!" Minhwan gasped. JM and Jungkook's pink cheeks turned red because of that. "What dating?" JM fanned herself. "I-i'll go get drinks." JM stood up and scurried to the door.

"Jungkook-ah, when are you planning to make her yours?" Minhwan asked. Jungkook looked at him with a shocked expression. Minhwan chuckled. "Don't be too surprised, you obviously like her. I can feel every glare you gave me ever since day 1." Minhwan said. Jungkook looked down. too ashamed to look at him. "Don't worry, i won't steal her or anything. neither will i tell anyone about this." Minhwan winked. "Just a piece of advice, JM is impatient. She doesn't like waiting, especially for men. So i suggest you do it anytime sooner." Minhwan patted his shoulder and stood up. "Wait, where are you going?" Jungkook asked and stood up as well. "I'm leaving, Jaejin hyung called me up a while ago. Something about a new song. Practice hard okay? bye." Minhwan waved goodbye while Jungkook bowed in reply. 

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief. He smiled at the thought that Minhwan doesn't feel anything like that for JM. ' just a few more weeks Jungkook, just a few more.' Jungkook cheered for himself and continued to practice his own parts. 

 


Hey guys!~ ^^ guess who's birthday it is today!~ XD No, it's not Jimin. it me. :) Isn't that nice? Jimin's birthday is just a few milli seconds and 3 years away from mine? :) I'm 15 today and Jimin is 18 on the 13. :) Ok then. I'm just happy because we have another 1 week break form school and my birthday landed on a holdiay. BOOYAH!~ okay. so yeah. I'll be out of town starting Oct 14 so i won't be able to udpate for a while but i'll try. :) So yeah. :) hehe. 

Ps. should i post a selca in celebration for my birthday? XD