Chapter 7

The Unrequited love
"Taehyung! Jimin!" Lai ran to them when she saw the two entering the campus. V turned and waved at the running Lai. "You're early today." Lai said. "Yeah. We were forced to. Jungkook woke us up at 5. Aish, that boy. " Jimin shook his head at the thought of Jungkook.
 
"Aw man. I missed you guys." Lai put her arms around their shoulders. "Awww. I missed you to." V cooed. Lai and Jimin looked at him disgustingly. "What?" V said. "Nothing. You've been very weird lately." Jimin said. "Really?" "Yeah. You've been very happy lately." Jimin said. "Do you, by chance, like someone?" Jimin asked.
 
That made Lai turn her head to V. V looked away, hiding his blushing cheeks. "Oho. So you do like someone.." Jimin teased. Lai frowned at that. "Yeah.. I'm actually planning on confessing later.." V smiled. Don't have hopes Lai, it's not like he'll like you. especially when you don't treat him nicely...  "Hey guys, i forgot that i have to do something in the rooftop garden, you guys go ahead. I'll catch up with you guys later. Bye" She lied. Without waiting for a reply, she ran to the left and to the garden on the other side. V watched Lai go. "Kaja."Jimin nudged V's shoulder. "E-eo.." She was obviously lying. V shook his head mentally at Lai. He can see right through her and he knew she wasn't good in lying.They both entered school campus and to their class. V felt like something was wrong with Lai. I'll follow her.. "Jiminnie, you go ahead. I'll go with Lai. She might need some help." V said and ran off to wherever Lai went. "Ok that's nice. Just let me go to class all by myslef. alone." Jimin stomped to their classroom. He was not that happy about the fact that the so called unofficial couple left him all by himself.
 
                                                                       ****************

"Jungkook!" Sohee waved at him when she saw him petting a lost kitten. He looked up to smile at them but then froze J
M... "Good morning!" Sohee beamed. "Good morning." Jungkook smiled at the two. "Morning." JM shifted awkwrdly. She remembered that nights incident when they were about to kiss and slightly blushed.
 
JM and Jungkook haven't talked since that night. Both were too awkward to talk to each other after what happened.

"Well this is strange, i'm the loudest today." Sohee looked at JM and Jungkook who were both avoiding each other's eyes. "Jungkook! So! JM!" Haru shouted from afar. They looked at his direction and waved. Good. more company, less awkward.. both JM and Jungkook thought and let out a breath they didn't know they we're holding in. "Hey oppa/hyung." They greeted Haru. "Hello~" Haru placed an arm around Jungkook's shoulder. "Oppa, you look..happy...like different happy." Sohee said. "Really? Aigoo. that's nice right?" Haru asked in a very happy voice. "Oppa, you're like..glowing." JM looked at him weirdly. "Hehe. Guess who got a girlfriend~" Haru sang. "You?" Jungkook half whispered. Haru nodded happily and hugged the two girls by their shoulders. "Ha, It feels great to know someone loves you in a special way." Haru said. to know someone loves you in a special way... Jungkook thought. "Kaja kaja, The bell is going to ring soon." Haru ran inside the school followed by the others.
 

                                                                       ****************

"Agh!" V sighed in frustration. V searched the school's garden 3 times only to find no one. When he was about to give up, he saw a girl's sillhouette by the garden's storage room door. "Eo?" V peeked through a small opening and saw Lai's side profile. She had her fingers crossed and eyes shut tightly. Agh! Taehyung! Go away! I'm dying here! Lai thought.
 
As soon as she heard V calling his name, she ran to hide and unfortunately decided to hide in the storage room. There were no source of ventilation and the weather wasn't helping. Why couldn't spring come any faster? Aish... Lai complained in her mind.
 
"Pst." V whispered. Lai jumped and opened one eye. She peeked behind her and saw a curious looking V. "What are you doing inside here?" V asked. Lai fixed herself and coughed awkwardly. "N-nothing." Lai grabbed her bag from a nearby stool and hurriedly walked to the door. When she was about to run from V, she almost tripped from the spilled droplets of the water sprinkler. V caught her on time but apparently slipped too.

They were both staring at each other with very wide eyes. No one dared to move from their position. OMFG! MY FIRST KISS! Lai raged in her head.
 
When they both tripped, Lai fell on a sack of dried leaves with Taehyung hovering above her and their lips connected to each other. Seconds passed but no one still dared to move. Lai couldn't think of anything else but the kiss and remained frozen. When she tried to move, neither of her hands reacted. It's like they were numb and dead. 
 
When it processed to V what was happening he shut his eyes and kissed her more, curious as to what would happen if he did that. Lai felt like her head was getting lighter and lighter. What should i do?! she screamed inside her head. V's hand slowly crept it's way to the back of her neck and tilted his head to get a better angle of kissing her deeper. More seconds passed but Lai figured V wasn't backing out any minute now. She closed her eyes and kissed him back. 
 
When she despirately needed air, with all her strength left in her, she pushed him lightly away from her and took in a deep breath. Both were panting heavily. V opened his eyes to see a still panting Lai. Eunbin... V admired 'Eunbin' with loving eyes, but when Lai opened her eyes, He realised tha he had just made a big mistake. He sat up and moved away from her. I kissed Lai.. V thought. "Lai...I'm so sorry.." V apologized. Lai sat up and looked away. "I thought you were Eunbin..." V whispered. Eunbin?.. Lai felt her heart break at the mention of another girl's name. Silence filled them, V didn't dare look at Lai. He kissed me because he thought i was a different girl. "Eunbin.." Lai chuckled bitterly. V looked up when he heard Lai chuckle.
 
"Before you say anything, can you just..hear me out?" Lai asked permission. V remained silent and looked down. Lai took his silence as a yes. She gathered her thoughts and took in a deep breath. "When you first approached me at the restobar, You asked me what was my name and when you heard it you frowned but I didn't mind it. Then you started talking to me like i was someone special, you treated me like we've known each other for a long time...." She paused and sniffed. She didn't know she was crying until she felt her hands getting wet.
 
"I'm not very good with handling guy friends so i thought you would somehow leave me alone. and when you didn't, i fell for you.. like really hard. There was one time when you left your phone to me and i looked at the screen. I saw you with a girl who looked exactly like me... then it said 'Eunbin, the love of my life.' I felt my heart ache at that moment. That's why i started avoiding you..i didn't want to fall in love with someone who is already inlove...It's wrong. But when you kissed me..I thought you felt the same way as me." She let out another bitter chuckled and wiped her tears roughly. "I'm so stupid to think you would actually like me...But infact, you kissed me bacause i looked like your first love." She paused again. She looked at him who was staring at her blankly. She sincerely smiled at him and sighed. "I lik- no. I love you Kim Taehyung. I really do.." She finally confessed. A single tear fell down her face. By this time V was looking at her as Lai, as someone who he didn't know he treated like his first love causing for her to fall for him. HIs heart ached to know that she felt this way. Not a single thought of her liking him crossed his mind. He didn't know what to say besides sorry. "I'm very sorry Lai. Im really really sorry." V said. She smiled at him ans stood up. She took her bag and walked to the door, she paused half way. "Just one last favor. If you're really sorry, please start ignoring me. Just give me time to sort things out. Just please...leave me alone for a while..." She said without looking back. "Don't worry, you can talk to the other girls and we can still practice for your showcase." With that. she left..

                                                                       ****************

"Okay class. For this month's project, were going to do it by pairs. So go grab a partner of the opposite gender and we'll draw lots on what type of dance are you going to present to the class." Ms. Kim Hyoyeon, their dance teacher, instructed. The class started walking to their wanted partners leaving two people standing awkwardly on both ends of the classroom. Jungkook looked to his left and saw JM pulling Haru's arm. "Jaemin-ah, Jungkook's there. So asked asked me first." Haru pushed JM to Jungkook. "Take care of her." Haru patted Jungkook's shoulder and took Sohee's wrist, leaving them alone.
 
"Hi." Jungkook greeted for the first time this day. "H-Hi." JM clasped her hands together. Aish, i should kill So later. JM cursed in her mind. "Ok, everybody has a partner?" "Nae!" "Ok good. Now. All girls infront. Pick one stick and whatever stick you get will be your genre." The girls started picking their sticks and went back to their partners. "Ok. on the count of 3. you will read what is written on it. 1..2..3." JM slowly uncovered the stick and peeked at what was written.
 
When she finally saw what was written, her jaw dropped. "What on earth..." She whispered. Jungkook too, peeked on the paper and stared at it with owl like eyes. "Im guessing you got the special one." Ms. Kim approched them and smiled. "Seongsaengnim.." Jungkook muttered. "What? If you perform it well, you can be exempted in our next exam. automatically, one..hun..dred." She spelled every word. "But it's a song... not a genre.." JM reasoned out. "I know. that's why it's special." She smiled.
 
"Ok, listen up. since we only have 10 genres and 11 pairs. One pair will perform a dance song. Turned out it was JM and Jungkook." "Saem, what song are they going to perform?" One guy asked. "Troublemaker by Beast's Hyunseung and 4Minute's Hyunah." Ms. Kim replied. The guys howled and erupted in cheering noises while the girls 'ooh'ed and 'wooaahh'ed. "I will be bringing in some old friends of mine as judges so practice hard okay?" Ms. Kim gave them all thumbs up and left class. 

                                                                       ****************
After first period, Jimin went straight to the rooftop to look for Lai and V. He couldn't concentrate well cause he was worried about the two. He went to the rooftop only to see V crying by a short pillar, alone. "Taehyung-ah, why are you alone? and crying? where's Lai?" Jimin asked. "I broke her heart Jimin, I broke my best friends heart. I'm so selfsih. I'm such a bad person. I hate myself." V kept on cursing. "Why.. what happened? who's heartbroken?" Jimin asked. V in a breath and calmed down. When he was calm, he told him everything that happened. 

"Where is she now?" Jimin asked. " I don't know.. What am i going to do Jimin?  V asked Jimin. He was very desperate to have Lai back as his friend. He  grew very attached to Lai. Jimin sighed. It was like Junior high all over again. It was when Eunbin, V's first love, went to the states and left V heartbroken.

"Taehyung, where are you taking me?" Eunbin whined when V dragged her out their classroom and to the school's music room. No one usually goes there and Taehyung wanted to sing to her as a confession. Very sweet and romantic actually. 

"Sit." Taehyung pulled out a chair for her. She sat down then he proceeded to get the mic. He sang a Korean version of  Justin Beiber's 'Catching feelings' with the help of Namjoon, he's friend who is a music genius. Taehyung was singing with all his might but when he was already halfway, Eunbin stood up with an annoyed expression and left the place. She didn't like weird nerds. She preferred y and Manly over Cute, Romantic geeks. "Eunbin! wait!" Taehyung ran after her and spun her around. He hugged her tight , afraid that if he didn't, she would disappear. "Get off me!" She pushed her and slapped him hard on the cheek. "Look nerd. I don't have time for this okay? Why don't you just stop following me around and go find another girl who would actually look at you as a man. Cause i seriously don't." She sighed. She had enough of Taehyung's courting ways. "Even if you confess to me infront of the whole world, i won't take you as my man. So just give up. You think i would like guys like you?" "Eunb-" "Shut up! Just cut the crap and leave me alone weirdo." Eunbin stomped back to their classroom leaving a heart broken and crying Taehyung.
 
Jimin pitied V. They were best of friends since kindergarden. They grew up together, learned together, dreamed together. They were like twins. So whatever V felt, he felt it too. "Don't worry V, we'll sort things out. Just hang in there. You should be at least strong for her." Jimin comforted V. "Do you wanna go home?" Jimin asked in concern. V shook his head no. You should be at least strong for her.. V repeated those words inside his head. I should man up. Lai won't like to see you this way. You'll just break her heart more. V thought to himself. He wiped his tears away and stood up. "Kaja, we'll be late for our next class. " V helped Jimin up and walked to the exit. 


Hello~ yeah. I know. i didn't update for a long time. TT^TT. I have writer's block. i can't think of anything lately. I can't concentrate on anything because someone keeps on dirturbing me. I would've been glad if it was my bias who was distracting BUT NO. just no. Aish. I'm sorry i couldn't update earlier. Everything in my life is just so stressful. See, i don't have a life. Everything i do is forced. so yeah.