Chapter 25

The Unrequited love

Before you start reading, i suggest you all get your senses together cause this chapter is very complicated....in terms of reading of course... i'm a messy writer so please bear with me. Oh and this chapter is really long so...enjoy? ^^



Lai's POV

"Lai, Lai wake-up.." i brought my blanket to cover my face but it was yanked away from me. I searched for it with my eyes closed but the blanket just kept on going lower and lower until it reached my ankles. I groaned in annoyance and decided to just sleep without my blanket. "Hey, wake up." the person whispered on my ear making me shiver. "No, it's still early." i said. "How would you know? You haven't even checked the time yet" the person said. He has a point.1

I was forced to sit up with a frown. Goodness, this person won't stop. He cupped my face and shaked it lightly. "Wake up~ Wake up~ Wake up~" he sang, making me smile. I rubbed my eyes and finally opened them. I was shocked when i saw Taehyung instead. "Oh. Taehyung. I thought you were Jonghun oppa." i looked at him with wide eyes. He let go off my face rather roughly and stood up. "What?! You thought i was who?!" he asked angrily. "Jonghun oppa..." i whispered cautiously. He scoffed at me and crossed his arms. How come he always acts like the girl in our relationship? "What?!" he asks louder. Yikes, did i just ask that out loud? "Yes, you did." he said, emphasizing that 'duh' tone of his. This man of mine, time to make it up to him.

Author's POV

V was still standing at the foot of her bed when she tookhim by surprise. She wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face on his neck. "Morning~" she cooed, backing away a little to kiss his cheek. He could only sigh and hug her back. "Morning." he greeted.

She broke the hug and rushed to the bathroom, Leaving him there standing. Guessing that she was going to wash up, he decided to fix her bed for her and fluff her pillow back into place. When she still wasn't out, he sat himself on her bed and played with his phone. 

A few minutes later, he heard the door open and when he looked up. Lai had cupped his face and started kissing him every where on his face. His cheeks, his forehead, his chin, his nose, then longer on his lips. He smiled because of this and cupped her face as well. When she gave him one last peck, she broke the kiss and smiled at him. "Good Morning." she greeted again with a big smile. "Good morning." he greeted as well, completely forgetting about the incident earlier. 

"are you still mad?" she asked. He shook his head no and gave her a peck on the lips. "Not anymore. But how can you think i'm your cousin? We don't sound alike." he said, as he stood up and led themselves downstairs. He intertwined their hands as they walked downstairs. "Hey, you sound like him. Especially cause you sang. When you sing, your voice becomes a pitch higher. " she said. "Really? I thought you said my voice sounds deep?" he said, facing her. "it does, but you still sound the same. " she said, waving off the conversation. He shrugged as well and brought her closer to him when they finally faced the
big family.

"Good morning" she greeted everyone in the living room.
"Good morning" Playlist, as well as BTS, greeted. 

*****

"What's the occassion today?" Sohee asked as she placed some sliced fruits on the coffee table, where everyone was gathered around. "Well, you see..." Lai started. "You all know i only came back because i had to give JM blood right?" she asked, everyone nodded while the older ones stayed quiet. "Well, i...kind off...need to...you know...go back...like soon." she said, slowly. When the others caught on, they frowned. "Can't you extend for at least until we debut?" Jimin pouted. "She can't. She's running a company branch back there. And she's also a student. She had already extend her leave to it's limit." V sighed, making Lai hug him tighter. He looked down at her to see her smile at him in which he returned. 

Actually, they have talked about her leaving 2 days ago. She had also settled the news with the mature ones and had booked her flight for this evening. At first, V got upset till last night but Jin talked him out of it. That's why he went to their house this morning to spend her last hours with him. From the moment she wakes up until she gets into the departure area. 

"I was thinking. Since im leaving at midnight. Maybe you guys wanna hang out?" Lai said. "That isn't even an offer. We are definitely going to make use of this time." Kyana
said. Making the others laugh. "Now, V. It would be nice if you would lend us Lai, just for today,eo?" Naerin said. Pouting at him. "What if i don't want to?" V said, hugging Lai posessively. "Aww come on V." Lai pouted at him. 

"Can't we just stay here and watch a movie or something?" V asked the others. "So you can cuddle with your precious lover while we fall asleep?" J-Hope jokingly asked. "Yes." V answered bluntly. "What? No. We'll be taking Lai until 5. After that, you can have her." Ari said, wiggling her pointing finger. "Eonnie, isn't that...to much? I mean look at him." Lai said, showing them V's pouting face. Obviously, she also wanted to spend the day with V and everyone else but..." Jo Lai, you're coming with us." Raeann said, pulling her away from V, who was also pulled back by the guys. 

"Taehyung! Save me!" Lai dramatically reached out for him. "I'll call you!" he shouted, also dramatically reaching out to her. "You two are over reacting." Jimin said, smacking the back of V's head. The latter winced in pain and let his friends drag him home. 

"Eonnies. I didn't even hug him goodbye." she 'cried'. "Save your tears Lai, you'll be needing them later." Caeun said as she pushed her towards her closet. 

"Ok, let's pick your outfit shall we?" Naerin said as they began to rummage through Lai's closet.

*****
"Oh my goodness. Will you people please drop your phones. We're having some girls time here. Your lovers can wait." Naerin said. After picking out Lai's clothes. They went straight to the mall and went shopping. People wouldn't stop looking at them because, well, for starters there were a lot of them. To add up to that, they were stunningly gorgeous. Girls would look at them with envy while some guys would stare at them in awe. Two guys even approached Lai and JM when they left an ice cream parlor. 

- An hour before -

"Hey, do you need help with those?" one guy politely asked JM when he spotted the paper bag with ice creams. "No, thank you" she declined politely. "Aww come on. We can help." his guy friend, who stood beside Kyana, said. "No. It's fine really. We can handle. Thanks for the offer thou. Kyana bowed and grabbed JM's hand. They started to walk away but the guys took the bags fom them and stood infront of them. They smiled charmingly which only irritated Kyana. She closed her eyes and in a deep breath.

"Eonnie.." JM squeezed her hand. She grew worried when the guys teased them into carrying the bags as they please. "Look. We don't want to bother you so can we please have our bags back?" Kyana politely said with a smile. "Just accept our offer beautiful. We don't bite. " the guy who approached JM said. Kyana glared at that guy and brought JM behind her. "Don't touch her. And just give us the bags, will you?" Kyana said, getting mad. "Ohh, fiesty. I think i like you-""We're taken so please just hand us the bags. If you don't bite, well guess what. I do. So just hand the freaking bag over." Kyana sighed. Not wanting to punch the living day light out of them. "Seriously, Beat it kids. You're not wanted."Kyana sighed. "Sorry, and here's your bag. Sorry." the guys said, handing them the bags and running to the other direction.

"Eonnie, you just scared two guys." JM laughed. "Yah. Stop it. Gosh, Kids these days." She shook her head and walked back to where the others are. "But eonnie.." JM started. "you said you were taken?" she raised a teasing brow at her eonnie. Kyana's eyes widened in shock and she blushed. "I-I just said that to s-scare those b-boys a-away." Kyana stuttered. Making JM giggle. "Ok. if you say so" JM cooed, walking away from the flustered Kyana. 


- - 

"Eonnie, why are you extra grumpy today?" Daeri asked. "Who wouldn't be grumpy? You all are texting your lovers. Like seriously. It's called girls time." Jinnie scolded. "Now, if you don't stop talking to them. I will take your phones. All of you." Raeann eyed everyone who had lovers. From Caeun to JM. Immediately, they all kept their phones and smiled apologetically. 


*****

"Eonnie, are we done?" JM whined. "Kookie has been pestering me for the past 15 minutes." JM said. "tell him to calm his horses, we're almost done." Jinnie said, finishing Lai's make-up. 

"You know, you still haven't told me why i'm getting my make-up done." Lai voiced out to Jinnie. "and i still won't tell you. Just keep quiet and sit still. And hand me your phone. V can wait." Jinnie said, stretching out her palm for the phone. "But eonnie, he's crying. He can't even call me. " Lai pouted. "You two are such babies. Gosh." Jinnie said, grabbing the phone from Lai's hands and keeping it
in her pocket. Lai scrunched her face irritably and closed her eyes when Jinnie ordered her to.

*****

"Hyung, don't touch my hair. And what is that thing?" V asked when Jin approached him with some hair product. "hair wax Taehyung, hair wax. And you have no say in this. I'm touching your hair. Now sit still." Jin said and straightened V's sitting position. He went on putting hair wax on V's hair and styled it. 

"Hey, can somebody help me with Taehyung's suit?" J-Hope shouted from the living room. "Jungkook! Please help your hyung." Jin asked Jungkook who was laying flat on his stomach. "Ok." Jungkook jumped off his bed and went to the living room. "Hyung! You'll burn the house! Put that iron down!" Jungkook shouted from the other side. V laughed while Jin sighed. "You people are helpless." Jin pinched his nosebridge, which made V laugh more. 

*****

"No! That's itchy!" Lai ran across the room, avoiding the net stuffing for her dress. "You're wearing shorts! You won't feel it!" Caeun chased after her. "No! Eonnie!" Lai hid behind Ari. "You little brat! Come here!" Caeun shouted. "Wahhh! No!" Lai shouted when Caeun jumped on her making them land on the bed. 

"Wear this or i'll burn your dress!" Caeun threatend. "Burn the dress!" Lai shouted back. "Yah! It took me three hours to find that dress!" Jinnie scolded. "Then you wear the dress." Lai told Jinnie.

"Eonnie, i don't  want that thing!" Lai looked up at Naerin who came back with her matching shoes. "Let's see if it looks fine without it, ok?" Naerin patted her head. "Yes! Thank you!" Lai clasped her hands thankfully. "Eonnie, get off me." Lai pushed Caeun off of her and stood beside Naerin. "Wahh, this kid." Caeun let out a frustrated breath. 

*****

"Hyung! You look so cool!" Jungkook showed V his double-thumbs up with a grin. "but of course, i'm more handsome. Don't you think so?" Jimin came out of the room wearing his suit and posed. "No hyung, i think V hyung looks more cooler than you. Right hyung?" Jungkook nudged V's shoulder and wiggled his eyebrows. "You're complimenting me because....?" V trailed off and gave Jungkook a questioning look. "I'm an honest person. Just it up hyung. It's only for today. And i'm not telling you why." Jungkook said. He then ran back to Suga, so he can do his tie. 

"Jimin-ah." V put an arm around his bestfriend. "What?" Jimin asked. "Why are we wearing suits?" V asked. "Ehey, i can't tell you. But, i can give you back your phone. That is if, you do this one favor for me." Jimin, also put an arm around V's shoulder and whispered. V nodded furiously. He wanted to call Lai the very moment Jin took his phone. So he sulked all day. But thankfully, he had his bestfriend.
"Sure sure, just give me my phone." V said. "Ok. Say...'Jimin is more handsome than me'. Go." Jimin smiled. V looked at him with a face. "That's so childi- 'Jimin is more handsome than me.' Good? Now hand me my phone." V stretched out his palm while Jimin placed V's phone there. "you bet i am. Keep this from Jin hyung okay? I don't want to go bald." he winked. "Seeya!~" Jimin waved goodbye when Rapmon called him. 

V called Lai and after 3 rings, the call was answered. "La-" "V, not now." Ari answered instead. "Ari Noona? Why are you answering Lai's phone?" V asked. "Jinnie eonnie confiscated her phone cause you two were texting each other. And why do you have your phone?" Ari asked. "Because...hey, how did you know my phone was also confiscated?" V asked suspiciously. "Is that Taehyung?" V heard Lai's voice over the phone. "V!" he heard her shout. "Talk to you later, bye." he was cut short when Ari hung up. "Why won't you people let us talk?" V whined alone.

*****

"Finally!" Lai let out a breath. "I think my went numb." she added. "Oh hush up eonnie. It wasn't that long." JM said. "You try sitting on that chair for 2 hours." Lai threatened. "Uhmm. No thank you." JM smiled. 

"Ok. Is everyone done?" Raeann asked. All the girls nodded and checked their purses for the last time before heading out. 

"Can i ask something?" Lai spoke up. Everyone inside the car looked at her with a curious look. "you didn't tell me why are we dressed this way." Lai pointed out. "And we're still not telling." Caeun smiled innocently. "Oh, by the way.  Daeri?" Jinnie signalled. She showed an 'ok' sign and looked at Sohee. Sohee too, also showed an 'ok' sign and they bothed placed the blindfold on Lai. "Hey. What the- what is this? Are you kidnapping me in a dress?" Lai asked, rather too loudly. "When will you ever hush up." Naerin slapped a hand on her forehead. 

*****

"Okay. We're here." Jin announced, stopping the car on a vacant lot. "Where is here?" V asked. "Just a little more V. You'll see the light, soon." Rapmon patted his shoulder and guided the blindfolded V into the venue.

"On three. One..two..three." Rapmon removed V's blindfold while Dahee removed Lai's. They both blinked and adjusted to the dim lights that lit the whole room. "What is going on?" V asked, taking in the sight of his surroundings. "V..." Lai gasped, making V look for her. When he turned around, he too gasped. "You look..." they both started but then went speechless.

"One..two..three, cue." Kyana started softly with her Violin playing then by Naerin's piano playing. They both started off with a soft and slow melody. With the purely instrumental sound playing in the background, Jinnie started talking.

"Since this is Lai's last day. We prepared this special
evening as a surprise. We didn't want V too know because..well...he has a really big mouth." they all chuckled while V pouted. 

" Don't worry, i like you either way." Lai whispered to V, whose frown was replaced with a big smile. He held out his hands for her to take and when she did, he guided them to place itself on his shoulders while his hands s around her waist.

"Eonnie, are we the only ones dancing?" Lai asked Raeann.  referring to V and herself. Raeann shook her head no and smiled, confusing the others. "Who said you guys won't dance today? Boys." Raeann called. The doors opened once again and cam in BAP, Jonghun, and his friends. 

"Go on. Dance." Raeann showed them the dance floor. Jungkook looked at JM who also looked at him, they quickly got each others message so they went down and joined Lai and V. The others soon followed leaving Jonghun and his friends to take over the instruments while Rapmon and Yongguk took their places by the DJ stand.

Jonghun took a glance at Raeann and when she gave him the signal to start, he and his band played to one of their songs. 

"Care to dance?" Jin offered his hand to Kyana. "Gladly." she chuckled and accepted it. He then led them to the dancefloor and prepared to dance. 

"Why is it that your brother is always with us?" Jungkook
asked JM. "Bad luck?" JM asked playfully. Jungkook laughed quietly and nodded. 

"This surprise party feels like prom." Caeun daydreamed. She was busy admiring the place when someone hugged her from the back. "Hey babe." Youngjae whispered. "Hi.why didn't you tell us you were coming?" she asked, placing her hands on his. "We thought you would know. Raeann noona only called this morning so we kind off rushed." he said. She nodded in understanding and faced him. He pecked her on the lips as a greeting and smiled. She pecked him too then led them to the center and danced as well. 

"Sohee-ah." Suga whispered. Sohee looked at him but was taken by surprise when he placed a fast peck on her cheek. She blushed madly at the small act and hid her face. "Turn around." he ordered. She looked back up with a questioning look but he just gestured for her to turn, so she silently obliged. She stood with her back facing him and waited. Suga took out a necklace from his pocket and wore it over Sohee, shocking her as well. It had two pendants. One was a tiny silver wish bone pendant and the other one was a tiny key "Oppa, it's really beautiful. Thank you." Sohee admired the necklace and looked up at Suga. She hugged him by the waist and he hugged her back. "It's a pair. See." he showed the same necklace but instead of a key, he had the matching lock with a heart shaped key hole. "Why do i have the key?" she asked curiously. "Because only you can have the access to my heart." Suga winked. Making Sohee giggle. "So cheesy." Sohee cringed.


"Oppa!" Daeri greeted Daehyun when he ran to her and lifted her off the ground. When he put her down, he cupped her face and kissed her cheeks. "Miss me?" he asked. She nodded and kissed his nose. They took their place on the dancefloor and started dancing. She wrapped her arms around his torso and while his arms hugged her shoulders, letting her head rest on his chest. "Oppa, Lai eonnie is leaving again." she said. He nodded and patted her. "Just think of it as if she's taking a vacation." he adviced. "But i'll really miss her." she said. "I know. We all will. But i think that guy would miss her very much." He said, pointing at V who was dancing with Lai. She turned her head to them and watched with a smile. "It's good she found V oppa, don't you think?" she asked. "Yeah. Before he came, she looked like she was lacking with something. Sure she's happy but her smile these days are different. Like how Jungkook and JM are. They smile at each other like love idiots, sometimes i get goosebumps." he cringed at the last part making Daeri laugh. "but we smile like them too." she laughed. "i know. It's a sign that we innocently love each other." he said, kissing her forehead.

V and Lai danced, having small talks about random stuff. But that was until V stopped talking and let them fall into silence. At first she felt awkward but when he smiled at her, her nervousness disappeared. He hugged her close to him, silently burying his face on the crook of her neck. She started to get worried so she asked him, "Hey, why are you so quiet?". "Nothing." he shortly replied. "Hey. Taehyung, look at me." she cupped his face and looked at him. She saw that he had sad eyes so she frowned. "Is
there something bothering you?" she asked carefully. He sighed and loosened up his grip on her.

"I keep on thinking about you leaving. I don't want you to go but i can't stop you either. I'll just really really miss you." he finally said. She softened at his confession and hugged him. "Taehyung, i'll really really miss you too. I don't want to go either but you know i have to, right?" she said. He silently nodded and kissed her temple. 

"You know, i never really got to formally ask you to be my girlfriend.." he randomly said. She stopped dancing and broke the hug slightly. "Really?" she asked. He nodded and softly chuckled. He broke the hug completely, confusing Lai. He left and took one of the roses that was decorated at the end of the stage then went back to his place infront of Lai and cleared his throat. 

"I, Kim Taehyung, would like to do the honor of asking you, Jo Lai, to officially become the perfect match for this very handsome fool. Lai, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, pushing forward the white-red rose that he had picked. Because of his act, he caught a few of the others attention, including the band that was performing on stage. She narrowed her eyes at him and placed her thumb below her chin. She thought for a while making V whine. 

"Yah, are you choosing right now?" he asked. "Of course i am. You asked me a question. " Lai said. "What? So you're planning to not become my girlfriend? Is that it?" he asked, annoyed. Oh this bipolar man. She thought. She rolled her eyes at him and walked to him. She took the flower from him and kissed him on the lips, making V smile. When she felt him smile she broke away and looked at him. "So you had to really act mad?" she raised a brow. "What? I was annoyed. You had second-thoughts." he stuck out his tongue at her. 

"Yah, Kim Taehyung, did you just force Lai into becoming your girlfriend?" Caeun asked. "She shouldn't have thought twice. The answer was very clear, noona." V said confidently, which caused Lai to slap his chest. "Ow yah. It hasn't been 5 minutes and you slapped me already." V said. "That's for annoying me." she said. He cupped her face and kissed her passionately. When he broke the kiss, he looked at her in the eyes and said, "and that's for still accepting my confession. Thank you." he smiled. She shook her head at him and smiled as well.


 


And so, our journey with the Lai x V couple cuts here. I made this a Lai x V chapter cause their story will be cut up to here. Next chapter will be...uhmm. i dunno maybe...for another week? i'm going on a vacation on the 30th and i won't be updating till then cause i'm going to pack and clean and stuff. 

Quick question: what font size should i use so it would be more convenient to read with? i just think that my current font size is a little big so it takes up more space. Just leave it on the comment box and i'll check on them when i get answers. :) OK, THAT'S ALL. PLEASE ANTICIPATE ON MY NEXT CHAPTER~ THANK YOU~ :D