Chapter 24

The Unrequited love

 

I AM SUCH A BAD AUTHOR.TT^TT I haven't updated in like 3 weeks. I really tried my best to finish my updates but i got so busy i never got the chance to post it. i'm so sorry TT^TT really. just so you know, this update is actually a part 2 for my previous update soooo. ok. here you go. :)



"No way! Wahh. Hyung." Jungkook fist-bumped with Chanyeol. "Nice to see you too little Jeon." Chanyeol chuckled. "let's sit shall we." he added.

"So Jungkook, i heard you have a girlfriend." Chanyeol said, holding Haerin's hand that was on top of the table. 

Himchan saw this and glared at their hands. Silently cursing in his head with his fists clenching under the table.

"Yeah. Hyung, this is Jaemin or JM as we call her. And she's my girlfriend. This here is Himchan hyung, her brother." Jungkook said. "You're a member of B.A.P right?" Chanyeol asked."Yes. Yes i am." Himchan smiled a little. Of course, a fake one. He wasn't really glad seeing him."Right. You guys make really good music." Chanyeol complimented."Thanks." Himchan bowed politely.

"JM-ssi?" Chanyeol called out, making JM look at him. "Yes?" she asked. "Did Jungkook perhaps force you into becoming his girlfriend?" Chanyeol teased. Making the others laugh.

"Hyung, i would never do that." Jungkook pouted."What? I had a choice?!" JM jokingly gasped, riding on with teasing Jungkook."Yah, Jjagiya!" Jungkook looked at her with wide eyes. Making the others laugh harder."Aigoo. Ok ok. I'll stop" JM said, laughing as she pinched Jungkook's cheeks.

However, with all of their lovey dovey going on. Himchan couldn't be bothered nor was he paying attention. He only had his eyes on Haerin and Chanyeol who were too happy and lovely. To only add up to what he was feeling, he hated to admit but they actually look good together and it bothered him so much he kept on silently scoffing. 

Their drinks and food soon came and they started eating. Jungkook and JM told them stories about them and Haerin and Chanyeol did the same, Himchan and Sora occasionally adding up some comments and what not. 

Sora's phone buzzed a little later and got a message that she had to attend to some charity for dogs. They chuckled when they found out she got so excited of meeting the younger couple that she completely forgot about her plans. So she left the place leaving the two couples and Himchan.

"So, Himchan.." Haerin started."I heard that you hated my brother for quite some time, is that true?" She asked. Making Chanyeol look at her. Confused."No! It's not like i really hate him." Himchan defended himself."I was just a little protective of my sister." Himchan said.

" "A little" really now?" Jungkook raised his brow. "Hyung, you won't even let me sit beside her unless it was at an arms length." Jungkook stated."Well i had my reasons." Himchan said.

"And that is?" Haerin asked. "Well as soon as i met him, i saw how he looked at my sister. He looked like he liked her back then, so i just did my part as her brother." Himchan said. "which was to distance Jungkook a little. In case he tries his moves on her." He added and cringed at the last part. "Which obviously didn't work, otherwise we wouldn't be meeting each other right now." Haerin said. "True to that." Himchan nodded.

"So, Jungkook. How did 'you' happen?" Haerin asked, pointing atJungkook and JM. Referring to their relationship.

As soon as she asked that, they both blushed madly and looked at their hands that were intertwined.
"You two are blushing madly." Himchan stated. Starting to not feel good about this."Uhmm. It just happened. I confessed, she accepted it. We started dating. " Jungkook answered."You do know i don't buy anything that your saying right now, right?" Haerin raised a brow.

Jungkook and JM looked at each other, somehow communicating through their eyes. "What are we going to say?" JM mouthed to Jungkook. "Himchan hyung will be so mad." Jungkook silently sighed. 

"Go on you two. I won't get mad or anything. Promise." Himchan said, raising his right hand. Jungkook looked at JM unassuringly. She looked back at himchan and saw that he was telling the truth. 

"Uhmm. It happened during our showcase..." Jungkook answered. "The one where you danced to troublemaker?" Haerin asked. "Yes. That. Right after our performance, Jungkook here confessed backstage and i gladly accepted it." JM said, looking at Jungkook. "From then on, we secretly dated. Due to some assumed issues." Jungkook added.

"'Assumed issues'?" Chanyeol repeated. "Well. We secretly dated because we thought we weren't allowed to date. Then later on we found out that we don't have a dating contract or rule. So we decided to date openly. " Jungkook said, smiling. "Wow. That rule actually got passed on." Haerin said. 

"What do you mean?" Himchan asked. "Well, believe it or not. I actually first requested that rule. I
think it has been a year since i requested that in Starship entertainment." Haerin explained. "Looks like we owe you a big favor then." JM smiled. 

"Oh, by the way. JM, i heard you got into an accident. I'm so sorry i couldn't visit earlier." Haerin pouted. JM waved it off and smiled. "It's fine. I wasn't confined that long. No biggy" she said. "No biggy? Really?" Himchan asked, raising an eyebrow. "You almost died." Jungkook added. "and how did you know about her accident?" Jungkook asked Haerin. "I heard from Sora."Haerin answered. "Ah. I'm so glad you weren't badly hurt." Haerin smiled, reaching out to JM's hand. "Thank you." JM said. 

Just then Chanyeol's phone started to ring. He excused himself to answer it and when he came back, he was pouting.

"Is something wrong?" Haerin asked.
"I'm being called at our site in Busan." Chanyeol scrunched his nose.
"Like right now?" Jungkook asked.
"Yeah. Babe, i'm sorry i can't bring you back to work anymore." Chanyeol frowned at Haerin.
Haerin held his hand and patted it, smiling a little. "It's fine. I'll just grab a cab or something." Haerin said.
"We can drop you off. I mean, oppa hear doesn't mind right?" JM said, referring to Himchan.
"Y-yeah, sure. We can drop you off to work." Himchan said. 
"Thanks man. It was nice meeting you." Chanyeol stretched out his hand to Himchan for a handshake and he politely did. With one last goodbye he left leaving the couple, Himchan and Haerin.

Just as he left, Jungkook nudged JM by the knee, and started giving her looks. "Tell Himchan hyung.." Jungkook mouthed. "Later.. It's too early.." JM mouthed back. Jungkook gave her the puppy eye look that she couldn't resist. So she cleared and stopped Jungkook from sending her looks.

"Oppa, see.." JM started, catching the others attention. "We actually planned on having a date of our own.. You wouldn't mind if..." "..uhmm. You know, leave earlier?" Jungkook finished for her. Himchan was about to protest and ask them to stay with him but Haerin spoke up. 

"Himchan-ssi, that would be nice don't you think? We could talk more about our younger siblings and you know, maybe become good friends." she smiled, making Himchan hesitate. She wants to talk privately.. "Y-yeah sure. Go ahead. Just make sure to call when you need a ride home. Do you need to go somewhere far right now?" he asked. "Oh no. We'll take the bus from here. We're just going to the mall to get some things for school. So, see you later?" Jungkook said. "Sure. Take care you two." Haerin said. 

The couple stood up and began gathering their things. Jungkook hugged her sister goodbye and waved at Himchan while JM hugged them both. They waved until they reached the door and finally left Himchan and Haerin alone.


*****
"So, how have you been?" Haerin started. "I'm good. We just finished our tour last month and we're preparing for another comeback sometime soon." he answered. Haerin sounded impressed and said, "Typical B.A.P. Huh, no rest whatsoever." she said. Catching himchan off guard. 

" 'Typical B.A.P.?' You keep track on our activities?" he asked, feeling happy that she hasn't disregarded him for quite some time. "Well, i do work for various agencies. This kinds of things are very common knowledge. " she said, sounding nervous all of a sudden. Himchan took note of her action and mentally chuckled. 

"How long have you been dating Chanyeol?" he asked. "A couple of weeks. How 'bout you? You're not dating anyone?" Haerin asked. "No. I don't have time to look for one...i guess." Himchan answered. "Why look? When you have so many fan girls?" she said. "They're not like you..." he softly mumbled. Unfortunately for him, She heard his soft reply and they fell into awkward silence.

"Do you want to...uhh....take a...walk? Just to get some fresh air..." She suggested, trying to change the topic. It was so awkward she felt suffocated. "Yeah sure. I'll just take care of the bill." He said, calling the waiter who immediately came. "Yes sir?" the waiter asked. "I'll pay for our bill." Haerin offered when he started picking out his card. "No it's okay. I can pay." Himchan said, stretching out his hand to stop her. 

As soon as their hands touched, he felt that little spark in his body and the rising pace of his beating heart. He quickly withdrew his hand and handed the waiter his card. "Please charge our table with this. Thanks." The waiter then left to settle their bill. 

Silence filled them as they waited until he came back with the card and receipt. They checked their things one last time incase they left anything. When they were sure nothing was left behind, they left the place and went to Himchan's car.

The drive to the park was silent. The soft sound of the busy street was the only thing that could be heard. Himchan took a glance at Haerin and saw that she was playing with the ends of her hair. He chuckled at what he saw. He remembered that she used to do that whenever it was awkward, quiet, or if she was nervous. 

"Is it because you're nervous or because it's awkward?" he asked, making Haerin stop and look at him. "what do you mean?" she asked. He chuckled again making her blush a little. "You're playing with the ends of your hair." he said. She immediately stopped her actions and blushed. How can he remember all of this? She thought. 

"Haerin-ssi? Haerin.. We're here." He poked her shoulder, trying to wake her up. She stirred for a while and when she stopped, she opened her eyes slowly, only to meet his gaze. She blinked a few more times then rubbed her eyes. "Himchan?" she asked softly. Unknown to her, the way she called him casually made his heart warm up. "We're here." he repeated. She looked around and saw that they have arrived at a park, their park. 

She looked around and saw that it was empty. just like before... She thought. "You want to walk around?" he offered. She hesitated but eventually nodded. They got off the car, leaving their things, except their phones, in the car, and walked ahead. 

The place was located at a pure green hill. The ground was covered with long green grass and just beside their car, was a huge tree whose top was used as a shade. The tree had thick strong branches, and lots and lots off leaves sprawling out. The best part was the twisted trunk that had a small carved space at the foot of it. Good enough to rest on. 

Haerin and Himchan both walked around the hill, silently absorbing the beautiful view. "The place still looks the same." he said, making her nod in approval. "The tree is also still there." she said, pointing at the tree that is now behind them. "Do you still come here?" she asked. "When i have the time..." he said. "You?" he asked. "I relieve my stress here. " she answered. "It's just really quiet and peaceful here, don't you think?" she said, looking him. "yeah, it still is." he answered, smiling down at her. 

"Do you remember the promise we made here?" He asked. She looked at him and nodded. "The promise that we wouldn't bring anyone here but ourselves?" she said. He nodded and smiled at how she still remembers it. "Oh, do you remember when we put up that swing on that tree then it came off when you sat on it?" she laughed, clapping at the same time. She laughed so hard she clutched her stomach while Himchan stood there, not so happy. "It broke cause you sat on it for so long." he said. She was still laughing thou. "No, it broke cause you sat on it." she laughed again. "You're still so mean." he said with a tone of a 5-year-old. "Haha, it's so funny.  i can't stop" she kept on laughing. Let's just say she isn't one who easily calms down once she starts laughing. He looked at her intently. Though it may appear as he was playfully pissed on the outside, deep inside he was so glad that she could laugh like this in front of him. The way she easily laughed at their memories, it made him feel happy.

About 30 minutes or so, they eventually sat themselves under the tree and continued to talk about the past. Haerin would bring up the times when they ran away from town and went skiing, when they went to lotte world healthy and came back home all sick and dizzy, and those times when they would always go to this specific spicy rice cake stall and finish at least 4 plates, each. They also talked about their siblings and family. How JM was like and how Jungkook was like. 

"every time Jungkook would ask a favor, he would do his failure of an aegyo and me, being soft hearted for the rascal, eventually always give in." Haerin sighed. "At least he does aegyo, my sister never tries. If she wants something, she gets violent. I wonder how Jungkook fell for her. She really isn't feminine you know." he chuckled. Making Haerin laugh as well. 

Their story telling session took about 2 hours or so. Then when their laughter slowly died down. It was finally the time that they'd talk about themselves.


"So, how'd you been for the past 3 years?" She asked. He looked away and faced the green pavement in front of him. "I'm good. A year after our debut, we had our first ever concert and it expanded. We had our world tour for the next 6 months then had our comeback afterwards. Same thing repeated for another year and now, we're preparing for our comeback. "He said. "i never got to ask, but did you ever get your dads approval? I know your mom agreed but did your dad...." she asked. "Yes, he did agree. But we made a deal that i would manage our company as well. So here i am, working as an idol and a business man." he answered. Haerin looked at him then to the grass under her feet. 

"You'd do anything to be an idol huh." she quietly chuckled. "No i wouldn't." he answered calmly. "I mean if it were to affect the people i love, I'd rather give up on my dream." he said. This time, Haerin snapped her head at him. She was shocked and feeling a little angry at the same time. "Well it looked like it wasn't the same case for me."  she said. They both looked at each other with wide eyes. She quickly slapped a hand on while he just stared at her. I just said that out loud! Jeon Haerin, get your senses back together. she thought. 

Silence filled them once again as she continued on mentally scolding herself. Then when she was about to apologize, he beat her to it, apologizing first. 

"Haerin, I'm sorry." he said, looking down in shame. "I'm sorry for hurting you, for leaving you, for everything i did wrong. I...i just thought that maybe ending things...would be the best for both of us." he said softly. Unconsciously, she wiped the tears that fell from her eyes. All the memories and pain flashed back to her in a heartbeat and she started crying. She tried very hard to restrain from crying but her body won't respond. She was hiding her face in between her knees, crying silently, until she heard soft sniffs that weren't from her.
She looked up slightly to see Himchan, who's also crying. But unlike her, he was looking at her as he cried. They looked at each other, both having tears falling from their glossy eyes. Then suddenly, he looked away and wiped his tears. He looked back at her with a small smile, the same smile that would say that ' I'm okay. '. 

"Why are we crying?" he sadly chuckled. "Don't cry, please." Himchan said. His voice was shaky, like he was about to cry another round. True enough, he frowned and tears started to form once again. He was really guilty and sorry. Guilty for breaking her heart and ending things in a very painful way and Sorry, for causing them pain. For making their relationship a memory. For breaking everything they had planned and dreamed of. 

"I'm sorry too." she said. "I'm sorry for snapping at you. For being the first to break our promise. For holding you back from being an artist. I'm very...really..sorry for being such a bad girlfriend back then-"even before she could say more. He stopped her by bringing her to him and hugging her close. He caressed the back of her head and let her cry on his chest. 

They both spent the rest of the time calming each other down and just hugging each other silently. Haerin had stopped crying a long time ago but she wouldn't dare move for she felt safe and secure in his arms. Yes, it was wrong. She had a boyfriend and Himchan was her ex. But at the moment, it just felt right. It felt right to be hugged by Himchan. It felt right to be alone with him even just for a while. Just when she had finally stopped debating herself from hugging him, he pulled back and looked at her. "Are you okay now?" he asked, slowly letting go of her. She nodded and fixed herself. She looked back at him with a small smile and said, "Yeah. I am." 

They once again, fell into their never ending silent moment and just
sat there. They both watched the sunset as it slowly sets itself below the hills. The wind blew colder making Haerin shiver. Himchan saw this so he took of his jacket and draped it over her shoulders. She looked at his every move and when he was dine, she gave him a thankful smile in which he returned. 

"Should we get back before it gets dark?" he asked. She silently nodded and said, "we should, the kids might look for us." He stood up from his seat and brushed of his pants. He then stretched out his hand for her and she silently accepted it. They walked back to the car and when they were about to get in, Haerin took one last glance on the place and got in.

*****
"Well, this is your stop." Himchan said as he stopped in front of her house. She didn't bother getting back to work since it was already late and she didn't actually have any work. So she kindly requested to be dropped of at her apartment. "I had a nice time, Himchan-ssi. Thank you." She said. "Don't call me that. Just Himchan." he said. He made a face that said he wasn't comfortable with her calling him in a formal way and she quickly understood that.

"Well then, drive safe Himchan." She said. Just as she was about ti get off, he stopped her by the hand. "yes?" she asked when he hesitated to talk. He looked at her blankly then he looked away. He shook his head and smiled at her. "Ah. Never mind. Goodnight Haerin-ah." He said. She smiled one more time and patted his hand. "Goodnight. Himchan." she said. He finally let her hand go and let her get out of the car and to the building. When he saw that she has entered the building, he sighed and left. 

He thought of the words he never got to say. The words he hesitated to say when they were at the restaurant, at the park, and before she left. As much as he wanted to say them, he restrained himself cause
he knew it was wrong at the moment. He just wished she could have sensed it or something. I still love you, Jeon Haerin...