Chapter 11

The Unrequited love


‘All passengers for flight F24, South Korea to France, your plane will be leaving in 20 minutes.’ “Well that’s my cue” Lai stood up with her handbag while Jonghun pulled on her luggage and together they walked to the departure lane. “Take good care of yourself okay? Don’t talk to flirts. If somebody bullies you, call me and I’ll beat the crap out of that person first thing I land in France? Okay? Where’s your passport? You’re ticket? You should hold them now so you won’t cram when you get inside.” Jonghun nagged. “Oppa,” Lai cupped Jonghun’s face and smiled. Jonghun frowned instead. “I’ll be fine. You take care of yourself. Visit appa often, okay? He gets lonely easily so make sure to visit him for me. Nae?” Lai said. Jonghun sniffed and wiped a tear that he didn’t know escaped his eye. He hugged Lai tighter than usual and rocked them side to side. “Aigoo oppa. You’re such a big baby. It’s not like I’m leaving forever. You can always visit me there.” Lai patted Jonghun’s head. “Still.” Jonghun pouted cutely and sulked. “Oppa, take care of my eonnie’s for me nae?” Lai said. Jonghun sniffed again and nodded. He finally broke the hug and ruffled her hair. Lai let him and smiled. Jonghun smiled back and kissed the top of her head. “Go go, you might miss your flight.” Jonghun finally smiled. “Nae.” Lai said. “ah!” She pulled out something from her bag and gave it to Jonghun. Jonghun looked at the long rectangular box and opened it. Inside contained a necklace that was exactly like Lai was wearing, it was a couple necklace that had a G-clef as its pendant. “Just a small gift before I leave. If you lose it, I will surely kill you, Arrasseo?” Lai said. Jonghun smiled at his cousin and nodded. He quickly wore the necklace and admired it. “Thanks kiddo. You didn’t have to.” Jonghun said. “I wanted to. Oppa, I’ll be leaving now. Bye.” Lai waved goodbye to Jonghun.


“LAI!” someone shouted. Lai turned around only to be embraced into V’s arms. “Lai.” He cried. Lai was so shocked she didn’t know what to do. “T-taehyung-ah.” Lai stuttered. “Don’t leave.. Please..” V pleaded still crying on her shoulder. Lai could only remain still as she watched the rest of the gang catch up to V.“eonniedeul…Oppadeul…Saengs..” Tears rolled down her cheeks at the sight of everyone. “Don’t leave..”V pleaded again. Lai could only stare while her tears continued to pour. “Yah! Jo Lai! How could you do this?! Eo?!”Ari shouted, obviously crying. “This wasn’t supposed to happen..” Lai said. V lifted his head and cupped the sides of her face. “Don’t leave, Eo? Please? 1 year and more is too long. I’m sorry for everything just don’t leave, please?” V pleaded desperately. Lai removed V’s hands from her face and held it. “Taehyung I need to. It’s for my future and for my father. I need to go.” Lai removed her hold and turned to the whole of Playlist and BTS.

“I’m sorry for suddenly leaving, but please understand. I have to do this for my father and his hard work. I’m really sorry.” Lai bowed a full 90 degrees bow and cried with her head down. Kyana lifted her by the shoulders and hugged her. “We understand. Just take care of yourself okay? Visit us if you have the time. We can always call each other. Don’t cry, it’s not your fault.” Kyana caressed Lai’s head and let her sob. The rest of them came closer to Lai and had a huge group hug. “Eonnie, don’t stress yourself okay? Take a break if you have to. I know you, so please don’t do everything alone.” JM wiped her tears while Lai held her waist. Lai nodded and hugged her tight. “Thank you.” Was what Lai could only say to them. “Thank you, for understanding. I’ll really miss you guys.” Lai sniffed and smiled. They did to but there was one person who opposed to this. “Eonnie, be safe eo? Call us when you get there.” Sohee said. Lai nodded and went back to her things.

She was about to enter the lane when V spun her around and crashed his lips to hers. Lai could only blink at V’s actions. V kissed her harder, like if he didn't, he would regret it for a life time. When V moved his lips to kiss her more, Lai finally processed what was happening and pushed him back. “Taehyung.” “Jo Lai, I love you.” V finally said those three words. These past few days he had been asking himself if he really saw Eunbin in her when in fact they were the complete opposite. Eunbin was a two-faced while Lai was a Good, Kind hearted girl. But the fact that V accidentally kissed Lai as Eunbin was a big misunderstanding. The truth is, He kissed Lai because she was Lai. He just suddenly blurted Eunbin’s name when he had a sudden flashback of his first love at the time when he stared at Lai after they kissed. He wanted to correct everything but Lai’s words continued to ring in his head and it made him think that he did kiss her for she looked like Eunbin. Just recently that he realized he lik-no loves Lai for who she is. Yes it did start because she looked like Eunbin but when they started to hang out, He saw how different Lai is to Eunbin in all aspects. Because of that realization, he realized how much of a mistake he had made and he wanted to fix it before Lai could change her mind. “What?” Lai looked at him with wide eyes. “I love you Lai. I always did.” V said seriously. “But Eunbin..” “Eunbin has nothing to do with us. She was just someone who broke my heart. You..You fixed my broken heart and made it even prettier. The whole I kissed you because I thought you were Eunbin was a whole misunderstanding.” V sighed. He knew he didn't have much time so he just went straight to the point. “Lai I love you for who you are. I never saw you as Eunbin. I saw you as Jo Lai, the girl who I didn't know stole my heart and made it beat faster than ever. I don’t expect you to answer me now but I just had to tell you. Have a safe flight Lai. Take care.” V caressed her cheek and kissed her one last time on top of her head. He then stepped back and walked away to the others.”Taehyung..” she wiped away her tears and walked to the departure area, not even daring to look back in case she might, just might, change her mind…

 


Hey guys!~ aww man. Sorry i couldn't update sooner. And uhm that last chapter was kinda uhmm. short. haha. SO if you're wondering why i updated late, it's because im currently spending my vacation by the beach outside of my town. get it?  yeah, you'll figure that out somehow.. anyway thing is, there's no wifi cause duh it's by the sea. Only reason why i can finally update is because i stayed at a friend's house from the town im currently in and they have wifi so i updated. YEY!~