Chapter 27

The Unrequited love
As soon as JM reached the hospital, she parked the car outside and quickly ran inside. Sohee trailing close behind. 

"Excuse me, where is the emergency room?" JM asked the nurse. "End of the hall at the left wing of this hospital. " the nurse answered. Muttering a quick thanks, she ran to the said place and saw Yongguk standing by the door while the others were either pacing around or sitting on the bench. She slowly walked their way, her heart thumping hard against her chest. 

"Oppa." She stopped in front of Yongguk. The said man turned around at JM and hugged her tight. "Where's oppa?" JM asked blankly. "He's getting his wounds done." he said. "Is it...bad?" She asked, gulping with nervousness. "I can't say." He shortly answered. He backed away to see her state but she only had a blank expression. 

"Where were you? We all called and texted you." Caeun asked. "My battery died. I was with Jungkook. Wait, do they know?" JM asked, referring to the BTS boys. "They tried reaching Jungkook but i guess his phone died as well." Sohee said. 

"How did you get here so quickly." Daehyun asked. " I drove Lai eonnies car." JM answered. "You what?" Naerin asked. "You still don't have your license JM." She added. "Is that important?! My brother was on the verge of dying." JM suddenly shouted. Her tears finally fell as she closed her eyes and looked down in shame. "I'm sorry eonnie." She let out a shaky breath. Naerin didn't say anything but just reached out to hold her hand. 

"Rae, how is he?" Yongguk asked as soon as Raeann left the emergency room. She let out a relieved sigh and told him his condition. "Lucky, he  just had a few bruises and cuts around his face...and some fractured bones. But overall he survived." JM squeezed her eyes tight, thanking heavens that it was all minor. "Is he awake?" She asked. "He is. You can see him if you want." Raeann said. and as soon as she said that they all went to check on him. 

"Oppa!" JM ran to him and hugged him, careful for his bruises. "Hey baby sis." He winced as he patted her head with his good arm. She pulled back and wiped her tears. "What the hell happened to you?! Who did this?!" JM asked angrily. Himchan chuckled and ruffled his sister's hair. "Don't shout, and i'm fine. This is nothing." He said with a reassuring smile. "I swear as soon as i get my hands on those bastards, i'm going to make sure they won't ever see the daylight again." JM muttered angrily making Himchan laugh then wince. " Jaemin, calm down. The police have them arrested." Yongguk said. "Thanks man." Himchan said to Yongguk who simply nodded in reply. 

"How did you end up like this?" JM asked looking at his state. "Don't worry about tha-" "How can i not worry? You were in a coma. What will happen if i permanently lose you?" She whispered. Himchan frowned at what she said. 

He has been in that exact same state when she got into that accident. To make it even worse, it was because of him. He wouldn't want his sister to get through to the same experience as him. He didn't even want her to be hurt of any kind. He understands her. She is just looking out for him because they care for each other. And here he is, letting himself be beaten up by some random guys at the bar. What am i doing with my life? He thought to himself.

"Im sorry baby sis, this won't happen ever again. " Himchan wiped away JM's tears. "Promise?" "I Promise." He ruffled her hair and opened his arms. She then entered his arms and cried on his chest. 

The door then suddenly opened revealing Jungkook and.."Haerin?" Yongguk whispered in disbelief. He looked at her then to Himchan who was also staring at her, shocked. Jungkook quickly walked over and looked at the beaten up man on the bed. 

"Hyung, what happened to you?" Jungkook asked. "This is nothing. I'll live." Himchan smiled a little. Jungkook then sighed in relief and smiled back at him. 

"Why is Haerin-ssi..." Himchan trailed off. "Oh. The boys called me to ask if i was with Jungkook, they sounded nervous so i asked then..yeah. i picked him up on the way." Haerin said pointing at Jungkook who was wiping JM's tears as she hugged him back. 'She's here...' Himchan mentally smiled at the thought. 

"Himchan, may i have a word with you?" Yongguk said as he eyed him then to Haerin. Himchan sighed and nodded to the others to wait outside. They waited until everyone left the room. 

"How is she related to Jungkook?" Yongguk asked, referring to Haerin. "Yongguk.." "Just answer me." Yongguk said calmly. Himchan sighed and said, "She's jungkook's sister." 

" and you knew?" Yongguk asked. Himchan shook his head no and continued. "I know about her having a brother but i never really met him. I found out a few weeks ago that it was Jungkook she was referring to." Himchan chuckled sadly. 

"And then you start drinking again? Is it because she's back?" Yongguk asked. Himchan looked up and glared at his best friend. "she has nothing to do with this-" "she has everything to do with this Himchan!" Yongguk said a little louder. "She's the reason why you leave every night to get drunk. and now look at you. " He paused and gestured to his bruises. "You let those bastards beat you to bits just because you were too drunk to fight back." Yongguk scolded. 

"I know what i'm doing yongguk."  Himchan growled. "I'm sorry for ruining our image as a group-" "do you think i care about that at the moment?!" Yongguk shouted. "I talk about this  because i'm your best friend. I'm scolding you because we don't want to find you on your death bed the next time this happens. But if you don't want to grow up to face that you can't be with her because it'll break your sisters heart, then i'm getting myself involved." Yongguk said lastly and left the room. Shutting it loud in the process. Himchan sighed and massaged his head. "What am i actually trying to forget?" He asked himself.

"Oppa?" JM knocked by the door. She walked to sit on the chair by his bed and talked. "I heard shouting. Did you two fight?" She asked with care. Himchan shook his head no and patted her hand. "He just scolded me. But it's ok. I'll talk to him soon." "He said with a reassuring smile. 

Another knock was heard and came in Raeann followed by Sohee, Daehyun and Dahee. "Hyung, did you two fight?" Daehyun asked referring to Yongguk. "No. Don't mind that. Are the other with him?" Himchan asked back. "Well yeah, he came out looking mad. Zelo was afraid he might drive angry so the others went with him." Daehyun answered. 

"How are you feeling?" Raeann asked. "Not really good, my head hurts so much." Himchan said. "It's because of the alcohol. Plus you got bruised on the head pretty bad. How did you fall?" Raean asked. JM looked at him with wide eyes.

 "You fell?! goodness oppa." JM held her nose bridge and scrunched her nose. "Uhh. i lost my balance and hit my head on the rail. ""What?!" JM raised her hand and was about to hit him but Jungkook came in time and stopped her. "Aye, don't hit the patient."Jungkook said, holding JM's arms. "Calm down JM." Raeanne hit JM's head lightly. "For the mean time, you need to stay here for a couple of weeks." Raeanne said. 

"So, our comeback will be postponed?"  Himchan frowned. "What do you think?" JM snapped. "Why are you so mean to me today?" Himchan whined. "Because you're so stupid. Aish. Don't let this happen ever again or else i'm telling Mom.""Tell Mom what?" "That you got so drunk that you can't even fight back. Then she will bombard you with questions and scoldings." She stuck out her tongue when Himchan looked at her with a shocked face. "You little brat." Himchan said, clucking his tongue at her. 

"Get some rest you two. All of you, go home. You're not allowed to stay here." Raeann shooed the unharmed ones. JM pinched Himchan's cheek one more time before pecking it and bidding him goodbye. Soon, all of them left the hospital and went home.

Himchan let out a sigh and snuggled his way back under the blankets. He stared at the ceiling and thought of what Yongguk said, "Why can't i have the girl i love and let my sister be happy?"Himchan thought out loud. He layed there on his bed and kept thinking of Haerin and soon drifted of to sleep. 

****
"Eonnie." JM tossed the keys to Jinnie and let her drive the car she brought. She signaled a hand to her to wait the  pointed at Jungkook and Haerin. Jinnie got her message and went to the car.

"Are you going with Haerin eonnie?"JM asked when Jungkook wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "No. She's on a different route. I'll go with you." He said. 

"Eonnie." JM approached Haeri  and bowed lightly. "Thanks for stopping by." JM said with a small smile. Haerin smiled back and caressed her arm.  "You seem tired. Rest well." Haerin said. She said her goodbyes and left the place. Soon followed by the rest.

 ****
"Babe. Babe." Jungkook shook JM's shoulder. She looked up a second later and raised her eyebrows. "What was that?." She asked. He just sighed and kissed her forehead. " I was just checking if you're ok but obviously you're not." He said, concerned. She just silently smiled and patted his hand that was on her shoulder. He kissed her temple and layed her head on his chest while she snuggled comfortably. 

She hesitantly raised her arm to hug him but decided not to. Instead, she fished out her phone and looked at her lock screen wallpaper. 

She continuously looked at a photo of Himchan, Jungkook and her. The two men either side of her. It was taken a few weeks ago when they had a pool party for some random reason. She smiled as memories of that day flashed through her mind.

~ 2 weeks ago ~ 

"Oh hyung." Jungkook greeted when they both arrived at the girl's house at the same time. "Oh, you don't have practice today?" Himchan asked them. "No. We get weekly day offs. So we're not that tight on schedule. You?" Jungkook asked back as Caeun opened the gate for them. "Blank sched. for the whole week. Company's orders. I don't get our CEO. I guess he's just too kind." Himchan laughed making Jungkook laugh as well. They both turned around when they heard Youngjae's loud gasp. 

"Oh my gosh, what are you girls wearing?" Youngjae asked with shock. The two of them looked at where he was looking and gasped as well. Their eyes both stopped at a certain person that made Jungkook blush and Himchan a little flustered. " Kim Jaemin, what is that?" Himchan asked with shock. 

In front of the buffet table stood JM in a baby Pink bikini top and White lace shorts. Her hair was put up in a lazy bun and she had her white flatstomach full on view. She looked up at the mention of her name and immediately skipped to both of them

"You're here." JM smiled as she clasped her hands behind her. "Put your bags inside, and help us with the food." JM pulled both of their hands and pushed them inside the house. She took their bags and gently placed them on the couch. Then she dragged them again out to the pool area and to the buffet table. 

"You, oppa, can chop of the fruits. Kookie, you come with me." JM waved at Himchan and once again, pulled Jungkook with her.

They went by the edge of the pool and JM sat in first. "Cold. Cold. Cold." She said as her legs went deeper in the water. Jungkook laughed at her and went in as well.

Himchan glared at them but smiled at how silly they both were for each other. He found them cute and just lovely. He hurriedly washed his hand and began cutting the fruits. Of course after asking for help from the younger ones. 

"Hey, i'll leave the other to you okay?" Himchan patted daehyun and Dahee's backs and walked to the couple. 

"And so you left me to chop the fruits while he talks here with you." Himchan butted in as he sat beside JM. He dipped his legs only to gasp. "Why is it cold?" He asked as his skin adjusted to the temperature. "Spring just ended?" JM said, making the two laugh a little. "Hey, guys. Look here." Naerin said as she waved her hand at Himchan and the couple. They turned to see that Naerin was pointing her camera at them. JM glanced at Jungkook and Himchan and thought of something. She took both of their arms that were either side of her and draped them around he shoulder. She quickly s her arms at their backs and pulled them closer to her. "1..2..3..Smile!" The three of them smiled widely and happily as she clicked the button, capturing a very happy moment that was soon to be set as JM's forever wallpaper.

~End of flashback~

"We're he're." Naerin announced as she stopped the car. They all got out and bid goodbye to each other, JM and Jungkok staying a little behind even after bidding goodbye. Just as he took a step to their side of the rode, JM stopped him by holding onto his hand.

"Jungkook." She said. Jungkook turned around and raised his brows in a questioning manner. But instead, JM reached out and hugged him by his chest, burrying her face on his collarbone. He smiled a little and silently hugged back. JM, feeling that he responded, tightened her hug. 

"Babe." He called as he lightly broke the hug. "You need to sleep, you look tired." He said as he brushed her hair back. She closed lazily nodded with closed eyes and tip toed to peck him. "Alright, Goodnight." She said as she completely let go of the hug. He ruffled her hair and took a step back. He waved at her as she unlocked and opened the gate, about to get in. He then turned around only to be stopped once again. 

"Jeon Jungkook." She said. He turned around and asked, "Yes?" She smiled. "I love you." She said. He smiled back at her and replied, "I love you too, Kim Jaemin. Very very much." He smiled back. She nodded her head and waved goodbye for the last time before getting inside. 

She gently closed the door as her tears finally fell. She cried silently as she walked to the bench at their backyard. She sat herself down and cried. She covered the bottom half of her face to stop her cries from being heard. Her tears continuously fell as she thought of happenings from earlier.

"...I'm scolding you because we don't want to find you on your death bed the next time this happens. But if you don't want to grow up to face that you can't be with her because it'll break your sisters heart, then i'm getting myself involved." Yongguk said. Then she came to a conclusion as the pieces from the past finally made sense....

"Haerin eonnie is Oppa's first love..."she thought.