G.O - The Box of Memories

MBLAQ One Shots

I strolled along one of the aisles of the clothing store. The boys, our stylists and I had come out to find inspiration for the next comeback. I browsed through an aisle filled with things that would fit the "No Love" concept. Just as I reached to pull out a shirt, I heard a familiar laugh that I hadn't heard in a long time

My eyes snapped up, looking through the window to see you across the street with your friends. I froze, unsure of what to do. Our relationship had ended well enough, but I wondered if it would be awkward to come out and see you. But I wanted to.

I decided to be bold. I put the shirt back and made my way to the door. By the time I got outside, you were nowhere to be found. I sighed and chuckled to myself. It was probably better this way.

That night when I got home, I did something I hadn't done for months. I went to my closet and pulled down an old shoe box. I sat down on the bed with it and opened it up. I smiled as I pulled out photos, notes, and random knickknacks from when we were together. I wasn't usually this sentimental.

But something about you had been different from the first day we met. I found the pictures from our first date. We had been set up by a mutual friend. Looking at the photo now, we both look awkward and uncomfortable. Maybe that's why I didn't think you'd see me again after that date. Despite my negativity, you still answered my phone call a few days later, and even agreed to another date. We continued like this for awhile before I finally got the courage to ask you to be my girlfriend.

I found one of the little notes you had put in my suitcase when I left for a tour. I smiled at it. It was a simple note, but it had meant so much to me. You had a way of making me feel loved, even when we were in different countries.

I continued to look through the box of things. I found a little doll you won for me out of a claw machine. I had failed miserably at trying to win one for you. After several tries, you pushed me aside and won right away. You pulled the little doll out, smiling. You handed it to me and I could only stare at you with wide eyes. That was when I knew I would fall in love with you.

The next set of pictures were from our 500 day anniversary. You didn't want some big romantic dinner, no matter how many times I said it should be big, you said no. Instead, we went to the zoo. You were probably right in saying that this kind of date was best for us. We played around and just enjoyed each others company.

About a month later we moved in together. I used the excuse that it would be easier this way so we didn't waste time driving around to see each other. Really, I just wanted to be around you all the time.

It didn't take long for things to start going downhill from there. I was stupid and didn't pay attention to you. I thought buying you things would make up for not being around. By the time I learned, you were already fed up with me.

When we broke up, we were both calm. I think we had both known for awhile the relationship was already over. It even took a couple weeks for it to really sink in for me. I had gotten so used to rarely seeing you that the break up didn't affect me right away.

I pulled out the letter you had left in the bedroom after you left. I smiled at it before slowly opening it and scanning over the words you left me.

"Byunghee Oppa,

You aren't hurting too much, right? You may watch too much or have an ego sometimes, but you are more sensitive than people give you credit for. I hope you're doing okay. I know things have been bad for us the past few months, but I want you to know that I always loved you. I never thought I would see us end, but I guess some things are too good to last. I'll always remember you, and have a special place in my heart for you."

I folded the letter back up, returning it to its spot in the box. I replaced the lid and took the box back to closet. I walked out to head to the studio, but stared around the apartment before I left.

You had left a mark on this place, and on me. A mark that changed me forever. I hope you have the same fond memories of me.