Cheondung, Ocean, Fluff - Drabble Prompt

MBLAQ One Shots

requested by mbl-ixx

You stuck your hand out the window of the car as you and Sanghyun drove down the road. He had woken you up early this morning to go on a weekend trip. The weather had been warm and sunny for the past couple of weeks and you both wanted to enjoy it while you could. Now that Sanghyun’s promotions had ended and he had a little bit before the intense training for the tour began, it was the perfect time to get away for a few days.

You were wearing denim shorts and a t-shirt. Sanghyun hadn’t given you much time to get ready before pulling you out of your shared apartment, so you had barely managed to brush your hair. You couldn’t bring yourself to care though. The sun was shining down on you, your hair was blowing in the wind, and you and Sanghyun were singing along loudly to the songs on the radio. Sanghyun looked over at you and smiled. He took your hand in his as he continued to drive down the road.

When he pulled up to the beach house he had rented for the weekend, you couldn’t believe your eyes. It was gorgeous! It was very modern looking. The outside was painted white with dark accents on the window awnings. Sanghyun helped you out of the car and led you inside. The back of the house had so many windows and glass doors that you had a great view of the ocean.

“It’s so beautiful Oppa!” You hugged him, amazed that he had put together this surprise without you figuring out he was planning something.

“I’m glad you like it Jagi. I’m going to go grab our bags. I’ll be right back.” He hurried out the front back to the car. You turned to stare out the glass doors again. You opened one and stepped out onto the patio. Beach chairs and an umbrella were already set up. You smiled at the beautiful blue water that was out in front of you as far as you could see.

A slight breeze blew past you, making you close your eyes and enjoy the perfect weather. A pair of arms suddenly wrapped themselves around your waist. You opened your eyes to see Sanghyun standing behind you, smiling at you. “Oppa, let’s go play on the beach!” He nodded in reply.

You kicked your sandals off before going down the stairs and onto the sand, pulling Sanghyun along behind you. He removed his sandals as he stumbled along behind you. You ran right for the water, stopping only when it came up almost to the bottom of your shorts. You jumped back out of it quickly.

“Oppa! The water is still cold! How can it be so cold when it’s warm outside?” You pouted at him playfully.

“Of course it is Jagi, it’s still spring!” he laughed. You ran back to the water to get your hands wet before hurrying to place them on the sides of his face. “Jagi!”

You stuck your tongue out at him and hurried back to the water. Sanghyun followed after you, splashing you as soon as he entered the water. The two of you ensued in a playful battle splashing each other. Even though the water was still cold, you forgot about it as the two of you ran around playing happily.

“I give up!” Sanghyun finally conceded, exhausted. He walked out of the water and laid down on his back in the sand.

“Yay! I win!” you threw your fist in the air. Sanghyun chuckled at your antics. You went over to his side and sat down next to him. You were both soaking wet now, but with huge smiles on your faces. The bright sun warmed you up quickly as you both sat, enjoying the feeling of being here together.

“This was a really nice surprise Oppa. It has been a long time since we have been able to get away from everything and play around like this,” you turned to look at him over your shoulder. To your surprise, he was already staring at you.

“I know, but at least we are here now. I know how much you like the ocean. I hope this is everything you’ve dreamed of.”

“It’s better,” you smiled. You stared at each other for a moment before you both started laughing at how cheesy that sounded.

=========================================

A/N: This was the beach house I found on google:

image