Mir - I Will Protect You

MBLAQ One Shots

You hurried around the kitchen preparing lunch for you and Cheolyong. He had the day off after returning from one of the shows abroad. You bustled around looking for vegetables to add to the soup you were making. You started chopping an onion, only to end up cutting your finger in the process.

“Ah!” You screamed as you held onto your now injured hand. You hurried over to the sink the rinse off your cut to examine it before trying to find a bandaid. It wasn’t very bad thankfully.

“Why are you screaming?” Cheolyong said loudly as he slid around the corner. “Are you okay? What happened?” He asked as soon as he saw your hand under the running water. He hurried to your side to look at it.

“I’m okay Oppa, I just need to find a bandaid to put over this cut.” You smiled at him.

“How could you be so reckless? What if this was deeper? What if you needed stitches? What if this had happened when I wasn’t around?” He asked angrily as he pulled the box of bandages out of the door and put on over the cut on your finger. He wrapped it carefully before shooing you out of the kitchen so he could finish the soup.

Since you had been almost done, it didn’t take him very long to complete it. He brought bowls over for each of you. You smiled at the soup and began eating. Cheolyong glanced up at you occasionally, but you didn’t pay much attention to it. You both finished quickly and you got up to wash the dishes. Cheolyong stood up as well and took the bowls from you.

“You go rest, I’ll clean up. If you get your bandage wet, we’ll have to clean it again.” You knew arguing with him was pointless so you simply nodded and went to sit on the couch while you waited for him to finish up.

After a few minutes Cheolyong joined you. He sat next to you, pretending to be interested in the drama you were watching. You knew he preferred playing games to sitting around so you felt bad for not being more entertaining.

“Do you want to play a game Oppa?”

“Hm? Oh no, this is fine. I know you like this drama.”

“But you like playing games more than just sitting here. I don’t want you to get bored.”

“Jagi, this is okay, I don’t want to risk you getting injured any more today.”

“Oppa its just a little cut. Things like this can happen all the time when a person cooks. Besides its not the first time I’ve hurt myself in the kitchen.” You laughed at him a little.

“You’ve hurt yourself before?” He suddenly tugged at your hands to examine for other cuts.

“Not recently silly.” You giggled. You pulled up the right sleeve of your sweater and pointed to a scar on your forearm. “I got this one when I burned my arm taking cupcakes out of the oven.” You then pointed to one a couple inches closer to your wrist. “And this one I got while making meatloaf.” Cheolyong ran his fingers over the scars.

“I’ve never noticed them before. Did they hurt badly?”

“Not too bad.” Cheolyong pressed his lips to the scars on your arm, making you laugh. “Oppa, what are you doing? They are just scars, they healed long ago.

“Don’t get hurt when I’m not around to protect you, okay? I’m supposed to protect you all the time.” You laughed at him.

“How can you protect me all the time? It was just a silly mistake, don’t worry so much.” You said. Cheolyong grumbled under his breathe. You kissed him to try to cheer him up. “Better?”

“One more?” He pouted at you. You giggled at him and nodded.

“Okay, one more.”