Mir - Trying to Sleep

MBLAQ One Shots

You looked at the clock and sighed. You only had a couple of hours before you needed to go to bed. You certainly wanted to sleep, but you had had difficulty doing so recently. Your boyfriend Cheolyong was sitting next to you on the couch. He was playing some sort of video game that you didn’t really have any interest in.

“Baby, are you feeling tired? I think I’m going to head to bed after I finish this level,” he said without looking away from the game.

“I am, but I haven’t been able to sleep very well the past few days.” He paused the game and turned to look at you, frowning.

“Have you tried working out? I know you like running.” You nodded in response.

“I’ve been running for longer than I normally do, but still nothing,” you shrugged. You were at a lose. You had always assumed that you’d naturally fall asleep when you were tired. But suddenly it was like you were too tired to sleep, which made no sense. He thought for a moment before jumping up.

“Hold on a moment.” Cheolyong then hurried to the kitchen. There wasn’t much noise, but you were curious what he was doing in there. You waited for a couple of minutes before he returned. He handed you a mug of warm milk. You crunched your nose at it. “Oh come on Jagi, I know you don’t like warm milk, but warm drinks help you sleep. Give it a try.”

He sat next to you again, watching. You gave in and took a sip. Cheolyong smiled encouragingly. You continued to sip at it. You wanted to say it was helping, but you weren’t sure if it really was or not. When you finished it, he took the cup back to the kitchen.

“Let’s go to bed now. Maybe that did the trick,” he said, reaching for your hand. You smiled hopefully and nodded.

“Okay Oppa.” You got up and followed after him. You both changed and washed for bed. When you laid down, Cheolyong tucked some of your hair back and smiled at you.

“Try to sleep now Jagi.” He kissed your forehead, then closed his eyes to settle into bed. You did the same, hoping sleep would finally come.

But it didn’t.

Instead, you rolled around in bed, trying to find any sort of position that would allow you to sleep. You just couldn’t though. You flipped around again, facing Cheolyong. You were surprised to find him awake.

“You still can’t sleep?” He asked groggily. You shook your head and he sighed. Now you felt really bad because you were also keeping him awake. He already didn’t sleep enough, and now you were making it worse. “Maybe putting on some music will help.” Cheolyong turned to find his ipod. He put on a relaxing playlist.

The music did help you calm down, but you were still having trouble sleeping. You laid in bed, eyes closed, trying to will yourself to sleep, but you just couldn’t.

“Baby?” You turned to Cheolyong again, giving him a small smile. “Is the music helping?” he asked with his eyes closed.

“Yes, I’m think I’ll be able to sleep now.” You didn’t want to worry him. He stretched his arms out for you, and you happily cuddled in against him. His heat radiated through you, making you feel nice and toasty.

To your surprise, a few minutes later, you yawned. You smiled to yourself. You weren’t sure what had finally made you tired, or if it was a combination of things. But you were glad for it.

“Goodnight Oppa, sweet dreams,” you whispered before falling asleep.

“Goodnight Jagi, sleep well.”

========================================
 
A/N: This a request by an anon, I hope they like it.
Also, it's late and I'm too lazy proofread, so sorry for any mistakes~