Past revealed

Second life

It took five days for the police to find Chen. And they took him to the same place where Xiumin was. When he saw the state of his friend, he feared for his life.

"See that face?", the officer that led him to his seld asked.

"He made us work hard, but never told us where you were. That bastard", he shoved Chen in the same seld. Only one bed and hardly space for the both of them.

Chen went to Xiumin to shake him awake, he feared that he was dead. Xiumin woke abruptly as if he was scared.

"Its me hyung"

"Chen?...Oh my God no!!! NOT you", he hold the other and started to cry. "Im sorry. Im so sorry, I didnt mean to do this to you. Oh my God!"

"Its ok hyung. We know the truth, that should help"

"Oh my dear friend...you dont know what thet want of us...they dont care about the truth, they just want our heads"

Chen touched his face. "You are so beaten up"

"Its nothing I cant take. And I wont let then lend a hand on you. I swear"

----------------

"Hello?"

"Yes. Its me, Zitao. Have you seen the news?"

"I have. I already booked a flight"

"Please come soon. You are our only hope"

-------------

"Choi Jun Hong?"

"Yes"

"Its me Luhan!"

"Oh hyung. How are you?"

"Did you see the news?"

"Yes I did"

"Can you believe it? They finally cought them, the last of those Kims. You dont know how proud I am of the fact that I participated on that. I feel like supre hero!!!", he beemed.

"You had to do with that?"

"Yes! Our dear ex master worked near my house and..."

"You reported him?"

"No, my brother did. We didnt even know that it was him, but I recognized Kim Jongdae with him and... "

"He got caught as well?"

"Yes, yes!! Some days ago. Oh Junhongie you have to come to celebrate with us!"

"Celebrate? Oh hyung you dont know what youve done"

--------------------

Choi Jun Hong was one of many succesfull ex slave stories. He studied in Harvard law and came back to his Korea to star the anti slave movement. He was the first lawyer of Luhans organization, he helped him to find Yixing. He did many things, he gather people. After so long he had start a carreer of his own, but was always involved in the fight against slave trade.

He was Kim Minseok second slave. He was very much younger than Luhan when he arrieved to the Kims house, he was sixteen. His master called him Zelo.

That was why when he presented him self as the defender of Kim Minseok and Kim Jongdae, it was an international shock.

Even the organizartion that he helped built released staments saying that they didnt had anything to do with his particular choice. The public was taken aback.

But Zelo had very good reasons.

--------------

On his first appearence in court he asked for Jongdae to be moved because he found out that he was pregnant with his third child and he needed to be in a better place.

Him and Zitao cried at the awefull situation. But the lawyer got what he wanted.

------------------

When the trial started there was big show: cameras, human right organizations, flashes. People insulting on the street, throwing stones at them, eggs.

-----------------

The bruises on Xiumins face could be seing, now, very clearly thanks to the fact the they shaved his face and his head. His lip was bust and also his brows. He walked limping and he had vandages on his hands. Jongdae seemed intact.

Many people step up to speak against them, well against their families. To be honest they coul only be accused of runing away and of possesion of an slave. Minseok was accused of trading since he had a record for sale from he sold Zelo to some american that nobody ever found.

Other former slaves of the Kim family step up to talk about how the family treated their possesions, but any could talk about Jongdae nor Minseok, none of them were their slaves. However the impact was already made in the jury.

One part of the real truth unvealed when Zitao was call as a witness.

-------------

"State your name for the record"

"Huang Zitao"

"For how long were you under the captivitie of Kim Jongdae?"

"You can hardly call it that...but well, three years"

"How did you became in contact with him?"

"His father bought me in an auction for his eighteenth birthday"

"How old were you at the time?"

"Seventeen"

"What was the first thing that mister Kim asked you to do"

"Stay in my room"

"Your witness", the porcecutor said to Zelo.

"For how long were you in that room?"

"Maybe an hour"

"What happend after that?"

"He said that I could go out because the food was ready"

"He feeded you?"

"We had dinner"

"In the same table?"

"Yes"

"In your life as a slave did you ever share a meal with your master"

"Only if I was gonna be the desert", he smirked.

"Were you mister Kims desert?"

"No"

"What happend later?"

"After dinner he asked me a bunch of questions"

"Like what?"

"Where I came from, what was my real name, when was the last time I eated, the last time I went to the doctor"

"Did he seemed...happy with his gift?"

"No. He told me that his father was into this and he wanted that people knew that they had slaves. But he wasnt fond of it"

"Why?"

"He said it was inhumane, he said that I could leave in the morning. He brought my papers and sign my freedom before my eyes".

"Exibit A. Kim Jongdaes terminated property contract", he gave it to the judge. The whole court gasp.

"Why didnt you leave?"

"It was raining. I asked him if I could stay the night, he said yes"

"And after that why didnt you leave?"

"In the morning I heard noices coming from the living room. It was his father, he was screaming at him, insulting him, calling him useless and a shame to his family. I didnt know what was the argument about. I heard a slap. So I went up and tried to go out but the room was locked. Several minutes later, he came with my breakfast, his eye was black. He told me that he prepared a bag for me with clothes, food, documents and some money. He told me to never go back to the slave life. I asked him what happend, he told me that his father beated his mother, his brother and him, their entired lives. I dont know why, but I couldnt leave him... I guess you stole my heart then", he looked at Jongdae, who smiled shyly and sadly at him.

"I have no more questions"

"So you expect us to believe that you had been free all this time, but stayed with mister Kim because you wanted?"

"You have a proof of that"

"Fair enough. Lets talk about your daughters"

"What about them?"

"When was the first one born?"

"At the begining of my fourth year with Chen"

"So she was concieve under captivity"

"Yes sir"

"How was mister Kims reaction to your pregnancy?"

"What? My pregnancy? He was the pregnant one sir". The whole court gasped again. The lawyer seemed to have run out of words. Zelos voice was heard.

"Exibit B. The birth certificate of Huang Mei, delivered by Huang Chen"

"Nothing more", the procecutor said.

"I have one more question your honor"

"Go ahead"

"What happend when you found out that he was pregnant?"

"We panicked. He told me to leave because his father was gonna have me killed. I told him that Id stay with him no matter what. Thats when a friend of ours adviced us to scape, he provided the money and contacts to come to China"

"Is that friend present in court?"

"Yes, its Kim Minseok"