Uncertain future

Second life

A young man in a suit was running around the halls of a hospital, it was almost dawn. A phone on one hand and a fold on the other.

He didn’t mind the glares and the “please stop runnings”. Agitated and sweaty he finally paused, he had found the person he was looking for. A smile broke in face, the other man, his boss, looked at him as if he was crazy.

“Sir”, he breathed out.

“Whats wrong? What happened? Its almost six”

“Look sir, look”, he handed the papers to Zelo.

“They drop the charges?”. The other noded.

“They droped the charges?!”

“Yes sir, they did”, the assintent smiled again. His boss broke down and fell to his knees, crying. The secretary didn’t know what to do, but to try to help his boss up.

“He is dying…”, Zelo whispered and the young guys eyes went wide. “Go pick Chen up, Ill call Zitao first. I don’t know if Chen should know about hyung….Why you are still here? Go!!”.

--

It was eight in the morning when Luhans phone rang and woke him up. He sat up in his brothers couch, Yifan took Sehan to school minutes before.

“Hyung”

“Zelo?”

“Yes, hyung. I just call…to thank you for what you did for …”

“Are you crying?”. The other sniffed.

“Its just…Its about Minseok…”

“What happened?”. Why would he care?

“He is in the hospital now…”, he sniffed again.

“Why?”

“The..th…the guards went a little rough on him and…he is… they don’t  think he's gonna make it….”

Luhans eyes went wide. This pain in his chest came back. Why?

“What hospital?”

--

As soon as Luhan entered the ward, Chen was right on his face screaming at him and crying at the same time, asking him to leave.

“Please, please love, come. He help you get out of jail”, Zitao holded Chen to calm him down.

“He is there because of you!!!!!! You are the monster!!!”

“Love please, this is not good for the baby”, Zitao whispered to his husband.

Zelo took Luhan away from the couple, Luhan was beyond shock.

“What…?”

“His condition is not good. They say he maight not make it”, the former slave was devastated. Luhan hugged him, just like he did the first night he spend at the Kims mansion when he was scared to death, like now.

Luhan didn’t know why, but he was shacking and almost, almost, crying.

“…they did everything to him…every possible thing in the book of evilness and torture…Luhan…”, the lawyers tone changed to one of anger.

“Yyou told me that he is been surviving for years…maybe he will do that too now…”, he said slowly, surprised of his own words.

“Why did you come?” Luhan looked at his friend. He didnt have an answer for that. Maybe it was that Zelo was so good at convincing people and make them feel guilty. Maybe it was because he remembered what was like to share a bed with Kim Minseok, how it was Kim Minseok: the security of his choices and commands, the portrait of a real man. Maybe it was because he had remember the talks that they have with Minseok sharing his pollitical views about his country and its culture. It was a really internal fight for Luhan: not to admire that Kim Minseok was hard.

"I dont know why. I just had to".

-------------

The four men sat in silence in the waiting room. Chen cuddled by Zitao at all times. A little after noon, Tao said that he had to go to pick up the girls from school. Chen was hasitant but left with him, after all, the most criticall ward of hospital was no place for a pregnant person.

Luhan made a quick call to his brother for them to go for Sehan and he satyed there.

"Do you want to know more?" Zelo asked with a small voice.

"About?"

"Of what he thought of you". Luhan didnt know, did he?

"He talked to you about me...while I was there?", Zelo noded.

"He told me to obey you, respect you, do as you said and if I ever needed help, to go to you, if he wasnt at home...I felt..like the three of us were a family", he smiled sadly.

"When you came, I thought the worst of him. You were and looked like a child. I was scare for you everytime he crossed the garden to go to your place"

"We only talked...he adviced me about life...at the begginig he asked me how I got into this, that", he corrected himself. "I was afraid myself, but he was more like a brother or a father..", he smiled again.

"I never..I never felt like that...he was to me...just another ert. Sometimes I would think that he was to smart, but then, he bought a person only to have with them, so I couldnt ...you know..."

"Didnt you ever felt like with him it was different than with other..masters?"

"He brought me gives or did special things. I always thought that he felt guilty so he felt the need to apologise with those...I never thought that he was...That he meant all those gives to be for me because he cared about me in any other way..."

At that moment a doctor came out of Xiumins room. "He is stable now. And may come to his senses soon. But, he is to traumatized, so he cant have big emotions, his heart will not take it. So we want to wait a little more and maybe tomorrow at night you would be able to see him, not talk to him and only through a window. He is...that fragile. So if you wanna go home, you should do that. But before. I know that he doesnt have any family, so I wanted to talk to you about what happens after the hospital", the doctor was talking to Zelo. "He is gonna need psicotherapy, and probably a special diet because of his alcoholism and a lot of pacience. I have here", he broutght out some papers. "This are rahabilitation facilities, if you feel like you cant take care of him ...he is a very special case...". Zelo immediatelly rejected the papers.

"He will stay with me, I have acces to the best doctors and with your advice I think we will be fine. He is been alone for too long", he stated so strongly that Luhan had to recognized that Zelo wasnt a child anymore.