Latent present

Second life

He didnt hear it because he was so immerse in his sarrow and desperation that he didnt noticed. It wasnt until someone shoved him away really hard that he heard it. It was a very weak "bip".

"Move away he has signs!!", the doctor said. "Take him out of here!!", he ordered and a nurse took him by the arm and dragged him out.

It was Zelo the one who caught him before he faded on the hospital floor, nobody could understand what was happening, they already were assuming the worst.

It was because Kai knew some people that he could know that they were trying to stabilize Xiumin now, that he somehow responded and that they were able to work again on him. They were all so much better.

-------------------------------

Meanwhile, Yixing stayed with Luhan until he woke up, they gave him a sedative, he had suffer a nervous beak down, he neede rest.

"What happend to him?!", he shot up from the bed, wanting to leave.

"Calm down. He is better, they were able to bring him back"

"Is he awake? And the baby? What happend to my baby?"

"She is fine. Better than him...they said you could see her when you wake up"

"I want to see her", he tried to leave the bed again.

"Calm down. Let me get a doctor and then well see", Yixing hold him back.

---------------------------------

The procedure was the same as the first time Xiumin had been in the hospital, except that way more complex. He had to be in a shock room, he was put in a coma by the doctors so there was nothing to disturb him.

He spend the first three months of his daughters life sleeping and the doctors said that he had more to go through.

Outside the hospital Luhan and his friends had something new to fight about: Lumins custody. This was the topic at hand the day the baby was discharge from the hospital, that was the day that Luhan learned that the only other person who had legal rights over her was Zelo.

"What the hell? I dont care what he said or registered or whatever, she will come with me to our house, Im her father. When the hell are you all gonna understand that?", he was frustrated.

"You cant take care of her and Sehan and work and come here every day. You dont even have the money to support a baby", Chen answered dryly.

"Ive done this before, you know?", he said challenging the other.

"Hyung, its a matter of what is legal and whats not. He gave me partial custody of her so I have the right to represent his interests and..."

"You are right partial custody is key word, I have the other half of the custody, she has my last name, so whats the problem here?"

"You are", Chen wasnt helping, Zelo sighed.

"I think is better that she come with me, because I have Kai and he can watch over her 24/7 like he did with hyung".

"If you wanna help, he can come to my house and work the same"

"My house is closer to the hospital and the doctors already know my adress since theyve been checking on hyung..."

"You dont have the first clue of what to do with baby. Stop being stubborn", Luhan demanded.

"But I know what to do with a baby and I will be there", Kai butted in.

"You only care about getting on Xiumins pants, that doesnt do anything for my daughter"

"Hyung please he is right, also Chen hyung is right, you dont have the money to pay the treatments"

"What the hell is this? Are you really trying to take my daughter away from me?"

"You didnt want her in the first place, remember?", Chen said, Luhans eyes widen.

"Oh you are enjoying this, arent you? Why dont you remember what happend to your family when you were in prison and why dont you imagine what wouldve happend if my brother didnt drop the charges?", that was low and the whole of Chens face became red. Zelo sighed again.

"You know what wouldve happend? We wouldve be free of you, he wouldve put us out of jail because we did nothing wrong! Unlike what you did after that", Chen fired back. Why couldnt anybody understand that he was trying to clean his act, to do the right thing.

"Any of the you are saying contradicts the fact that I am her ing father!"

"And legally I am also her father, and Ill do as I see fit. And I think she will better with me and Kai, do you honestly wanna know why?", Zelo never gets angry, his words were surprising Luhan.

"Please tell me", he said ironically, he was going to fight for his daughter, he wasnt backing away.

"Because the first thing you did when you find out about her was leaving Xiumin, because you hardly ever came to visit, because only when Kai came in the picture you 'started to act like a father to be'. But mostly because Xiumin didnt trust you anymore, he gave me his side of the custody in case he died because he was sure that you were going to leave the baby...and I accepted because I thought that too, why? because you acted like a jerk for the most part of this pregnancy and forgive me if I cant completly believe that you have changed. Also if you have a problem with my 'parental' choices get a lawyer and go tell that to a judge. Why is it that you cant do nothing more but to cause trouble, ah? If you keep acting like this, like a ing dead weight to every potencially good thing that could happend, I will make sure that you dont see your daughter nor Xiumin ever again in your life. We, I, will do anything for Xiumin. He saved my life Luhan you did for me. Now please step aside we need to leave".

---------------

After that he bared visit days watching Kai basically raising his daughter. He only had so many hours to be with her, while the other had entire days. He thaught that out of all the punishments he could get for his behavior, this was the worst.

There were days that were eassier and he would laugh and talk with Kai. There were days that he hated him. And then there were those days that he was this close to give up. The days when he was on the train, to Zelos house on his working clothes, with a cheap plushie in a cheap plastic bag for his baby. The days when he entered the house and everything was perfect: his daughter was healthy and happy in Kais arms, she was fed, dressed, she had a better roof over her head, better than the one he could give her. In a place like this, he thought, she would definitely have a better future than Sehan.

Kai was loving and usefull, he wanders if he had been like that with Xiumn as well, and if so, would Xiumin had time to develop feelings for him? Because he certainly had, he is sure.

Those days he is tempted to kiss his daughter goodbye, to go to the hospital and kiss Xiumin goodbye.They wont miss him and they dont need him. Zelo said it, he can only cause trouble. But he goes back the next day, because once he let Xiumin behind with out a word, he swore that he wont do it again. No, he will stay and fight and be a better man. He knew that he didnt deserved Xiumin, but he also knew that Xiumin needed him to do his best, to give his everthing for him, and he will.