The future that you prepared

Second life

When Yixing was sold by his parents his new "owener" renamed him to put him a more "international", "eassier to pronnounce" name, it was Lay. His papers said that his name was that. After the slavery was abolished, families and friends of some of the slaves that had been kidnapped had a hard time trying to find them because this name changing happend a lot, so when the papers of identification of the slaves were made public many people had no idea of who they were, some had been taken at such a young age or had such broken minds that didnt remember anymore what their real names were. This was mainly the reason why it was so hard to trace the 15 names on Xiumins list, Luhan puted him on charge of this. Also because, like Kais parents, many of the care takers of these people had also change their identities in order to avoid, first the traders and later, the police, so it was a mess that was giving him a headache.

It was because of a coincidence that they found the second person that was the 5th name on the list. One day Sehan started to talk a lot about a class mate of his, the kids name was Zhin Yun Myen. It sounded familiar to Yixing, it did so for days, until he went back to the list and found the name of a young ("barely out of the university" the list described) korean doctor Kim Junmyeon who had taken care of a very sick 17 years old named with two leters, D.O.

He went to Sehans school and asked for the kids parents names, he had a good feeling about this, sadly he found out that the boy had two fathers a chinese Zhin Xouho and, yes! a korean, Zhin Kyungsoo a journalist. It was a little discouraging but he went to the newspaper where the korean worked. He presented himself at the desk and mister Zhin was called.

"Hi my name is Wu Yixing, I read all of your articles about the trial of slave trader Kim Minseok and...", it was true he googled it, this guys name appeared a lot in the cronicles of the trial, "...Im a sort of a writer myself and I wanted to know if could help me to write this mans biography".

"Sir thank you for reading our paper, but Im afraid I cant help you. You have to take the elevator to the sixth floor, they are in charge of publishing book and magazines. Im sorry. Please have a good day", he said bowing and ready to leave. Thats when Yixing knew that this was the man he was looking for, at least one of them.

"I thought you could help me", he rised his voice to the retreating figure, "...as a favor to Junmyeon!". The man froze on his steps and violently turned around. Yes this was him. He took Yixing by one arm, really hard and scorted him to main door, away from the receptionist.

"Who are you?", he whisppered but he wanted to scream.

"My name is Wu Yixing. Im a former slave and work for and org...", as soon as he took his card the journalist shoved it away.

"I dont want anything to do with your organization nor with any other...I have a family, Im fine. Please leave".

"Oh, so you are D.O...your son is in my nephews class...I dont want to cause trouble. My brother is Kim Minseoks partner", the guy stoped. "I really want to write his true story, people deserves to know who and what he really did. Dont you think?", the look on the guys eyes softened.

-------------------------

They crossed the street and went to a small cafe.

"When he bought me I had been by three man. They beated me...they almost killed me. I wasnt good for them anymore so they puted me on sold. Bastards", he spaced out a little."It was a freezing night, I was almost passing out, he carried me to his car. He was alone. He told me that I was gonna make it, that someone was going to take care of me, I was afraid of those words...no one really ever took care of me".

"He took you to Junmyeon?"

"He took me to a wharehouse, I started to fear more. It was full of other people. Doctors took me in and worked on me. When I woke up, he was there on chair sitting by my side. He told me that it was an underground house, he showed my papers, I was free. He told me that as soon as I was ok I could leave or stay and help. He introduced me to his cousin, Junmyeon, who was gonna be in charge of me".

"Was it for him that you didnt leave when you were ok?"

"No, I didnt leave because there was to much to do. To many kids like me, some in worst shape. I stayed to help. Jun taught me, well to many of us, how to read and write", he siped his coofee, "I didnt know that he came from a family of dealers until Minseok came and had a really serious talk with him. When it came to the point that our small organization could go out in public and speak against slavery, he knew he had to leave, it had been months with out news of Minseok already...by then he knew he had to leave as well. Minseok left him some money and contacts to change his ID and be able to pass to China, where Minseok said he had gone. I was already 18 when he said goodbye to me. At first I wished him good luck, gave him a hug and watch him go to a car that was waitting for him...", he smiled. "...before getting in he looked at me, he was 23, as if asking me something...I dont know, it was strange...before that night we had never been...you know...he never 'made a move' on me", he laughed. "But right there I knew what he was saying with his eyes and all I could do was to shout to stop him and tell him that I was gonna get my stuff and go with him...weve been together ever since. When he got his new identity we got married, and got Jun Myenie. Many of the kids use to call him guardian at the wharehouse, Suho, so when we were asked how he wanted to be called here, I made it sound more chinese so Xouho", he smiled. "The first years we looked for Minseok, but we couldnt find him until the trial was made public. We didnt even knew Jongdae was here too...I was afraid that something happend to him, so I didnt come forward...I regret that...but we were to scared back then...I cant loose him you know?", Yixing noded. "So is it true that you want to write Minseoks real story?", he changed the subject.

"I do. Ive done horrible things to him and his family...its a small thing, but I think he deserves that the world know what he did, and that it was good".

"How did you find me?"

"He was in very bad health shape this year...he almost died..and left a letter with a list of 15 names, he asked my brother to look for all of you to see if you needed something, to help", Kyungsoo smiled.

"It sounds like him. Ok, mister Wu, Ill help you with your book and I think I can also help you with your search".