Late present

Second life

It was like a dejà vu to Yixing and Yifan: Luhan standing on their door step, wet, with Sehan in his arms and looking like .

"Xiumin went in labor", he told them and handed the sleeping boy to Yifan and grabbed Yixings arm in the process. "Read this. Tonight", he said and handed him the little note book. "I have to go Ill call with news".

"Wait?", Yixing stoped him. "What is this? And wasnt his surgery programmed?".

"I dont know what happend. I have to go...as for that", he pointed at the book. "Is the truth, Kim Minseoks truth". He said and left walking into the water like zombie.

-------------

He got to the hospital arround six thirty. He was running on adrenaling and nothing more. The first person that he saw was Zelo who went to him with a worry look.

"What happend to you hyung?"

"I had to take the train", he said simply. "What is going on?", Kai came into the picture.

"He started to have contractions, really strong ones and...", he was interrupted by Luhans hands on the collar of his shirt.

"Werent you not supposed to take car of him!!!??"

"Hey! Let him go! The one that was supposed to take care of them was you! Get the out of here if youre not gonna do anything usefull!", Chen came to the rescue.

"Come with me hyung, Ill explain everything to you", Zelo took Luha with him away from the crowd. "This doesnt look good",he started as soon as they reach the stairs at the end of the hall. "The doctor said that he needed to go on surgery right away and theyve been there for...", he looked at his wrist watch, "almost an hour now". Then he looked at Luhan, his shoes and his jacket were wet. He thought at that moment that if he ran to the hospital like it looked that he did, then maybe he does care, he cant not care. His face looked paled and his eyes a little red.

--------

Three hours later, everyone, minus Tao that had to go to work, heard a baby cry and two seconds after that a group of nurses running with an incubator. Luhan shot up from his seat and started running towards them.

"Is that my baby?!", he tried to approach. "Is my baby ok?!", he tried again and a someone who looked like a doctor answered him.

"We will see if we can stabilize her, and then we can breath freely"

"Her?", he asked dumbly.

"Yes, mister Jin, congratulations, you have a daughter", the doctor smiled and rushed away. Why everyone always thinks that he was married to Xiumin, maybe it is what should be, yes, he will propose to him when this madness is over.

He stood there smiling to the horizon when a hand shook him hard. It was Kai.

"What did he said?", he asked harshly.

"Its a girl", Luhan smiled again and tears started to run down from his eyes, his legs weak.

"What about Xiumin?", Kais eyes were stabing his soul.

"Ah?...I...I didnt ask", the nurse let go of him practically pushing him aside.

"Of course you wouldnt", he said and went back to his seat.

Chen and Zelo went to find them and they learn the news: Lumin was a girl, who (maybe) was gonna be alright.

-------------------------------------------

Luhan then called his brother to tell him and he showed up at the hospital a couple of minutes later, the little journal on his hands.Nobody understood a thing when Yixing went to his brother and hugged him tight, as if they hadnt see each other in ages. Then a voice called for Zelo, a blody looking doctor was the one calling.

Zelo jogged to him and feared the worst as he aproached and saw the sad expression on the mans eyes.

"Im sorry", the words paralize the lawyer. Luhan heard and walked to them, the doctor saw him and repeated his words.

"What?!", Luhans hand flew to his mouth as fast as his brother to his side, with Chen.

"Im sorry he didnt make it", he told them.

"No...no...no...It can be!! You have to do something!!", he grabed the doctor by his shoulders and shook him. Chen was an already crying mess, Zelo was trying to hold on Luhan and Yixing was doing the same as tears started to run down his eyes.

"Im sorry sir I cant, those were his wishes", Luhan steps back.

"What?!"

"He chose the life of the baby", he handed Luhan some papers that Zelo took instead. "He legally stated, two month ago, that if it came to choose between his life or the babys, we should focus on the baby".

"Why wasnt I told?!", he looked at Zelo.

"You are not married to him, wich means you dont have a say on his legal choices. Also...", he paused. "...you never came to the appointments with him and I dont have a legal obligation to let you know". Luhan looked like he was about to break down on Yixings arms. "He said no invasive procedures and he is no longer responding. Im really sorry".

"Dont you ing dare to cry!!!", Chen screamed at the brothers. "Its all your fault that he...You ing monsters!!", he cried and screamed at them.

Luhan knows that his brother is arguing with Chen and that Zelo is trying to stop them and that everything is a mess, but he cant react, he is there rooted to the floor, unable to move. And then the dotor leaves and he can see his image retreat and become smaller. He can hear the sound of his breathing and the overbeating of his heart. He doesnt think about it, he just sprints to the way the doctor is walking to and runs pass him. He hears the doctor screaming at him and his quick steps behind him. He doesnt care because he arrieved to the operation room and he sees Xiumin there, blood and bandeges all over the place. This cant be the end.

He launches him self to small, lifeless body and starts to shake it.

"Xiumin!!", the nurses around him are telling him that he needs to go out now. "Xiumin please...", he cries. "we have..", he wipes his tears and his nose. "...we have a baby girl...she needs you...", he keeps shaking the body that is looking more and more pale now, he looks around. "Help him!! Why are you not helping him!!??", he demands from the staff. They just look at him as if he was crazy, he focus back on the body. "Xiumin...", he whispers and carreses his cheek, "...baby bunny...please wake up", he is almost giving up, he kisses the cold lips. "...dont leave me, please, you cant leave me too, please comeback to me", he cries and hugs the body, all of his clothes are blody now. "...please wake up...", he puts his head on Xiumins shoulder and weakly punches his chest with his feast. "Dont leave...Minseok...please. Please, master comeback".