The preset you must accept

Second life

Is not that nobody noticed him, Luhan deffinitly did; and is not that nobody loves him, Xiumin does for sure. And everyone thinks he is a good guy and usefull and all of them can see the giant crush that he, Kai, has on Xiumin. However anyone could do a thing about it when Xiumin told everyone that he and Lumin were moving to Luhans after the hospital. People just watched the poor guy swim in a sea of unsopoken misery.

Things were pretty obvious and he already knew that Luhan and Xiumin had a lot of bagage and that, in fact, there has never been anybody else in Xiumins eyes than Luhan. Buut he is human, so who can blame him if he fell in love anyway and he feels rejected now even if he never confessed his true feellings.

He felt (and was right) like he owe Xiumin his life so he stayed by his side as much as he could, even after he moved in with Luhan. He went there and basically taught Xiumin how to be a father and took care of his health until everyone was sure that he could handle two kids, a parterner, a house and his own nerves. He helped and kept his mouth shut while his heart was in pain, but this must come to an end and when it did, Kai found him self  with the need to make a change in his life, he knew that it was going to be hard to let Xiumin go.

"So you are going to go to Japan?", Xiumin asked.

"Yes my father is there right now and I need to tell him everything thats been hapening. Hes gonna be happy to hear about you", he smiled.

"But...are you gonna come back?"

"I guess...he said that there were planty of good hospitals there for me to work, so I wanna take a look at that, but Ill make sure to comeback to visit you guys as much as I can. I dont wanna miss my favourite bunny princess", he said as he touched Lumins nose with the tip of his index.

-------------

The thought of Kai leaving, maybe for ever, made Xiumin a little anxious. He felt a bit guilty because he, as everyone else, knew what the nurse felt for him, he might not said it but he wasnt shy to show it with actions or words, so Xiumin felt a bit burden to not be able to correspond the youngers feelings.

"Do you regret...choosing...me?", Luhan asked one night in bed, two days after Kai said he was leaving and there for two days of Xiumin talking about it.

"No. What makes you think so?"

"I dont know...I mean, I dont mean to play the victime here and I dont want your pity for what Im going to say because its 100% true.I havent been the best father to Lumin nor the best boyfriend to you, Kai has, he quit his job to be with you...so if you feel that is better to be...with him...I wont disagree...if you want him not to leave because we both know that he is leaving because he thinks that he cant be with you..."

"Are you giving me away...again?"

"No! No, never, I want you to be happy. Im saying that if you think you can be happier with him you should go after him and not stay with me only because we have a child together"

"Do you think thats why Im with you?", he sat on the bed, "Im with you because I love you. I thought that was clear from day one. I know that you werent the best for us at the beginning, but I understood and forgave you already. You said you wanted US to be a family and thats what I want too. As much as I love Kai and care for him, I never wanted a family with him, I never saw a life with him. Even if you wouldve say that you didnt want anything to do with me or Lumin, I wouldnt have chosen him. I just dont see him like this. Im sad because a dear friend is leaving and I feel a bit guilty about it. Ive gone through so much to be with you...I wont let you go", he smiled mischiviusly and snugled into Luhans side, who smiled in relieve.

-------------------

Neither Xiumin nor Luhan knew that there was another person who had also been thinking about Kais departure for the past two days after he found out when Xiumin told him. Someone who had been watching from a far (and literelly hopelesslly). Someone who never thought he had a chance with the nurse. Someone that also felt like he had to do something before Kai left, but didnt know what nor why. Someone, whos heart was breaking too.