Great present

Second life

The day of the books presentation comes and the ceremony takes place at the organizations building, very simbolic. Yixing and Kyungsoo are about to died of nervouseness.

When it finally starts Yixing stands to explain how the book went. It is basically Kim Minseoks story and it gathers the Kyungsoo, Zelo and Luhans testimony. Yixing was incharge of wrting about the political context of those days. There are too, other testimonies, they couldnt find all of the 15 names on the list but they did got to six more, so with Kyungsoos there were seven. Also, the people that worked at the weare house came out to speak for him. It had been a big investigation.

One of the first that they found was actually the last that he bought. The name and the story came on an email with pictures of a family of three, two men and a teen boy, it was him who wrote him."Hello my name is Jung Hyunchul, you are looking for my father, 'Hero'. He is here with me but sais that he at writting so Im doing it hahaha".

After buying 14 slaves, somehow he got known among them, so when he arrived to the auction of a japanese trader, Hero, begged him on his knees to take him. "Ill do anything for you, please, please, they are going to kill me soon". It was the truth and Minseok knew. Hero was near his thirty years of age and everybody knew what happend to those slaves that manged to survive that much, they were placed in houses or they were simply killed because they didnt have anymore profit.

Minseok took pity of him and bought him. He immediatelly sign his freedom papers and placed him with a lawyer friend of his, because like most of them, his health wasnt the best. Jung Yunho was advocating for the abolition of the slavery laws as well so he couldnt say no to Minseok. They got closer and they end up forming a family of their own with their only son, Hyunchul.

But the one who Minseok rememberes the most was "Key", when he got to that auction, he was being whipped by the trader for misbehaving, there was a young boy near him crying his eyes out and trembling as Key was about to pass out. The boy told Minseok that he was deffending him because the trader wanted to him, they were brothers. The story reminded him of that of Luhan and Yixing, so he bought them both. They were taken to the wearhouse too and it was doctor Lee Jinki who recieved them. After some time, their former owner wanted them back and harressed Minseok for several days to make him sell them back to him, so he told them that they should leave. But Key was still recovering and Taemin, his baby brother, was barelly a teen, so Jinki took pity on them and told them that he woold  accompany them. They wanted to go to India. That was the last time they saw the three of them and everybody asumed the worst. For days the looked for reports on three dead people, but never got any. So Kyungsoo was happy to find them, in Goa, where Jinki worked as a doctor and Taemin and Key opened their own dance academy. Jinki and Key just welcomed their second baby, while Taemin was happy with his korean boyfriend, Choi Minho, they lived together.

The most touching thing was that they were there and Xiumin didnt know so it was heartwarming and he was really emotional, to the point that Sehan was confuse and was starting to get mad at the people who made his appa cry so much (also the bow tie that he put on him was itchy and anoying). Everyone was trying to make him calm cause all of this could go bad at any moment. However, Luhan didnt help with his speach.

"Hello. Im Xi Luhan. Im Xiumins boyfriend?", he smiled and the audience did the same. "Anyway. I met Minseok when I was 19 years old. His friends uncle got tire of me and gave me to his nephew, who didnt want me and thats how we met. I know, romantic right? He was 23 but looked older because he was a big bussyness man and had a lot of responsabilities. My mother sold me and my brother when we were 13 and 12, and in all of those years I have to admit that I never lived better than when I was with Minseok. He fed me, he gave me an education and then, even though I didnt know at the time, he gave me my freedom. Almost two years ago life brought us together again. It was really hard for me at first, to think of that past, to have my son know about it. But then, Xiumin (the new Minseok) gave me something more: the truth. A truth that I couldnt see at the time, but a truth that helped me to complete my story as well. As you see, Minseoks will to give didnt end at the same place that the book does. Later he gave me a son that smiles more, a son that feels better, that doesnt have anymore bad dreams at night, right honey?", Sehan noded and Xiumin pated his head. "Then he gave me a daughter, that is the other light of my eyes. He illuminated my life. When I thought that I was fine, because of him I knew that I could be better. But the most important thing that he gave me is a life lesson, he tought me that not everything in life is black or white, that life can be rainbow color too and to remember to never judge a book by its cover", when he looked down Xiumin was in tears again, he got worried and knew that he has to end this. "...thats why when people asks me or him what we are and we say that we are boyfriends, well, to me it feel like little, you know?", he said and started to walk to Xiumin, the microphone in one hand and the other on his suits pocket."...and I want to change that...", he said as he kneeled down in front of Xiumin. "...next time that people asks what we are, I wanna say that we are husbands...", he left the mic on the floor and opened the box that he took out of his pocket. "..., so will you marry me?".