Future changes

Second life

This is a bonus, because First Life is comming soon. http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1122892/first-life-hunhan-xiuhan

-----------------------------

Yifan comes out of his last group counseling session. He sighs. 

When he first joined the organization he was young and full of ideals. He felt that there was an urgency to do what was right to save all of this people, many of whom were his age. Yeah, he felt that he had to give something back, he and all the people with him thought that the world could be a better place. And yes it has gotten better, actually he has a child now and he is not afraid for his future.

Yes, its been many years. Most of the time Yifan had been happy, really happy and proud of himself and all the people that helped buildt the organization. From this project he got a wonderfull husband and a baby, a family. 

Yixing had been his friend first, a good one, he thought that it was a total unjustice that a person as wonderfull as him had to go through what he did...lately though, he feels like Yixing has become a little to dependent on him. Yes, at the beginning it felt like the both of them were learning from eachother, but now...maybe is because of the baby? Yifan doesnt know, but he just feels burden.

-----------------------------

Theres a huge billboard across the street of the station where he gets the train home everyday, it says "Theres only one shot at life", with a picture of some beach in Indonesia or something. Its a cliche phrase that has him thinking so much.

Todays group session was as hard as any, there are people who are just really damaged. ion still exists and many of the former slaves had turned to it for survival. Some of them lived really rich lives and without education they dont know what else to do, others had turn to drugs to numb the pain and the uncertainty. Its gotten more and more hard to keep on listening to stories of and torture, of sadness and dark.

He doesnt want to hate his job, but he is starting to. And now, he has a kid and a husband, the time to "just leave everything" has gone by. He feels traped.

-----------------------------------

Yixing really doesnt understand what is going on with Yifan, his husband is distant and snaps at him and the baby everytime. He tries to stay away because he doesnt like violence and he knows what happens when a man gets angry beyond his limits.

So he keeps quiet but he knows that even that frustrates Yifan.

Yixing is not the dreamer of this family, unlike Yifan, he knows that people are not equals, are not the same. In escence yes, but not completly. So he always feared that an schollar, law graduate, human rights activist, would at least get bored of such a simple uneducated, culturally limited person like himself.

---------------------------

Yifan plays with his babys small fingers and watches him smile and sees his eyes shine to bright. He honestly feels like he has to do this for him as well, Fanxing cant have such a bitter father, he has to know that he can never let life crush his hopes, that he has to always look for a way to brighten up, to be better, to stay driven. He has to know that even if he has to leave those he loves behind, he has to if he wants to be a complete human being.

---------------------------

What he sees in Yixings face when he tells him is resignation, its as if he already knew, probably he did...

He leaves a saturday morning in hopes that all of this sacrifice doesnt take him to worst scenarios, he wants to believe that the world out there is better than the one he lives in.

When the light of the seat belt turns on inside the plain, he leaves and doesnt look back.