Present with future

Second life

As a lawyer a person, the lawyer, sometimes gets use to wait for things, like veredicts, sentences, the breaking or the apearence of a witness, but this wait is very diferent, at least thats what he thinks.

Ever since he left for Japan, Zelo and Kai had been exchanging phone calls, whatsapp pictures, skype late night conferences, emails. Why? Because, as a lawyer, Zelo is use to go to the last consecuences to get what he wants or what he thinks is fair, and he thinks that this is both. Now, Kai on the other hand, has his own time and is a looong one (seven month already), and Zelo is starting to think that he might only be Kais internet friend or something...he also thinks that that is more than what he was before....but still feels like little.

For Kai its been harder than expected. Actually, he never knew how much in love he was until he left China. He especially misses Lumin a lot, he calls them a lot to and keeps in touch with Xiumin most of the days (wich is not helping). He has been working as a private nurse taking care of some elders outside hospitals.

And then theres Zelo who calls, writes, records and photographs every thing in his life and sends it to him, in hopes that Kai might feel the need to see him or in case he finds anything interesting. Bad news, he doesnt. Is not like he is playing hard, he knows that Zelo is a good man, a good catch, but even when they lived together with Lumin, and people on the streets would often mistakes them for a family, he never saw Zelo as anymore than his boss, the guy that helped him pay the rent.Since he left China he kind of sees him as a friend, as a very insisting friend, but a friend. He knows that he should tell him that he already thought about the offert and is decling it, but he doesnt have the heart to tell him and, maybe a little selfish part of him wants to have him around...just in case? Is hard really.

---------------------

"I think I want to ask him about it"

"You should do that", sigh.

"I think I know what the answer will be...I really hoped...Hyung is very big competition...", he smiled sadly.

"Well if is not him there will be others. Im sure"

"You say that because you love me"

"I say this because Im sure"

"I dont know, it doesnt seem to be anything interesting about me. He knows me, like, almost intimitly: we lived together. If he doesnt find anything interesting...who will?"

"Wow...whats with self hate? Look I think...do you wanna know what I think?"

"Thats why Im calling", he sounds not amused.

"I think you said that youll let him 'think about it' and you havent let him, you know what I mean? Like, yeah he left and for what you are telling me you always call him, skype him or whatever, right? And you even apologise when you dont do it often or warn him that you are not gonna call for whatever reason right?"

"Right"

"Stop that! Dont call him or anything for few days and see what happens. Maybe he calls you, give him the chance to be the one who calls"

"But he is not gonna call, he will think: 'Finally!'. And go out to celebrate. Im sure"

"Come on try, in reallity you dont know what will happen"

---------------------

So that night Zelo does his best to not text Kai good night, but Kai doesnt text either. The lawyer starts to lose hope, this is the moment when he should be preparing the client for the worst or start telling him to take the deal. Deal or die (or go to jail or pay). But is so hard when the client is him, losing this battle will be for him. He feels sad.

Kai doesnt know but Zelo is not an ordinary man. He has deep trust issues, he has "intimacy" issues cause by the millions of slaves stories that he heard in his career, all of this had make him think ten times before engaging in a relationship and Kai doesnt know that if he is fighting so hard, is because he is really sure of his feelings and of what he wants for them. In the morning he doesnt send a good morning message and doesnt recieved one.

------------------------

Why does he listens to Luhan? Luhan, with the ing perfect love life? Why?

Its been a week and he knows is not normal to be checking on his mail inbox so many times, not when he is 33 years old.

When he wakes up on sunday and, yes, he checks all his SNS accounts, he knows is a lost cause. He wants to cry but he feels old to do so, so he just drags himself to the bathroom and then the kitchen. He stays in bed to watch soccer matches. Every now and then he watches the three (yes three in seven months) pictures that Kai ever sent him: one with his father, one with his pacient and one of him with his dog. He compares them to the ones that he sent and starts to feel like a stalker, and to think that Kai must feel better with out his constant messaging.

-----------------------

On monday he almost falls of his office chair when the name of the ID caller is "KAI!". He panicks and breathes before pressing the button (or sliding it).

"Hello", he want to sound uninterested.

"Hey! So you are alive after all"

"Yes of course", he wants to sound as if he doesnt understand what the other is talking about.

"Well I just call to see if everything was ok... I mean you always text and stuff and then you stoped...I thought you got sick or something"

"No, no, Ive been fine, just...very bussy"

"Oh..ok...anyway, did see the picture I send you"

"Ehmm...no I just got back from a meeting. Wait a second". He starts to open apps to look for the picture and when he finds it he wants to burts in hapiness but he is got to keep his cool. "Oh! So you are coming. Thats great!"

"Well of course, its the books presentation. I wouldnt miss it for the world", Kai smiles through the line and Zelo wants to cry because, yeah, he is not coming to see him. Maybe he already forgot his offert?, he better stop thinking about that.