Clear Future? 2

Second life

Luhan found himself wanting, wishing, craving (?) for a "yes", an answer that was taking to long.

"I...dont you think that your brother wont like this?"

"My brother?"

"Yes, he doesnt like Sehan to be with me..."

"Im not a child. And I, just like my son, want to be with you. You, dont?"

"Be with me?", he sounded agitated.

"Yes. Go out with you and see if...", why was this so hard to say?. "Well, what do you say? Its just, its diner so..."

"I dont want you to get in trouble...ffor, me",now he really sounded out of breath.

"Are you ok?"

"Yy...eah". Why was this happening? He wasnt ok, his palms were sweating, he was dropping the phone, he was shaking. "Why?", he cleared his throat. "Why do want to ...be with me? Be with me, how?". Silence on the line.

"I feel that you and I have something...unfinished, or something that we have to start? Dont you? If you ask if its...love, I dont know, I just know that right now I want you in my life...in our lives".

Luhan, of course, couldnt see but tears were streaming down Xiumins cheeks like a river, as if he just recieved the worst news ever, he was on the edge of sobbing.

"Are you still there?"

"Mhmm", he sniffed and Luhan heard.

"Xiumin? Whats going on? Are you ok? Dont lie. Are you crying?"

"No?"

"Why? Did I say something wrong? I mean...Im sorry if you dont want to go...I was maybe rushing and ...Im sorry if I..."

"No, no! I mean: Yes! Lets have diner"

----------------

Zelo came home to a shaking lump of blankets in the biggest couch of his living room. He rushed to it.

"Hyung?! What happend?!". Xiumin sat up and hugged him, tight, hard and cried a lot. "What happend? Please tell me. Please try to calm down. Since when you are like this?"

"Im ok", he smiled through tears. It was possible that he finally lost it, that was Zelos first thought.

"You dont seemed to be, tho"

"Im sorry that I scared you. Im really, really, really happy now"

The young lawyer later learned what was going on with his hyung and was also happy, but he knew for sure that was something that Chen will not know, for the moment. He was so worry, because Chens overly dramatic statments were making an effect on him. What if everything that he said was true and this only turned out to be wrong and hurtfull for Xiumin. What to do? He liked this idea, he was the only person who lived with this two in the past and he believed that only he knew what was going on back then. All the things that Luhan seemed to be remembering now. He was happy, but he wondered if he should stop them now, even if it seems to be, well, to late.

------------------

It was wednesday. Zelo was the only witness, and accomplice, to this date preparation. It was so funny for him...Xiumin was acting like a teenage girl, unsure of his image, his clothes, everything. This child-like state of him was on full force this afternoon.

The point is that when he was younger, even before Luhan, he only had a handfull of dates, he had always been bussy trying to build his future studying and attending meetings and travelling. He did have one date tho, with a girl from college. He sat on his bed and remembered it. He saw his other self, he missed Kim Minseok, that person always knew what he wanted, was sure of how to get it, he liked the way he looked even if he knew he wasnt the best looking man. He had everything to win. And on that date he show that, he talked clearly to the girl, he showed her respect. It didnt progress after that because he left for the USA to conitue his education. He frowned, Kim Minseok was someone that Luhan hated, so why miss him? Xiumin is the person who seemed to have won Luhans heart, he told him that he wanted him in his life, not Minseok. He really didnt understand why Luhan would change his mind, why would he like him more broken than in one piece, like he was when Minseok was alive. All he understood, and maybe this was a tiny part of Minseok in him,  was that he couldnt let go of this chance. Maybe this was the reason why he survived so many times. He smiled and took Zelos advice of a pair of white jeans and a baby blue sweater, ankle boots and a black coat. It was ok, everything was ok.

--------------------

When he saw Luhan standing at the door with a shirt and a tie, he panicked.

"Should I change? Are we going to a formal place?"

"No, dont worry. This are jeans", he pointed at his black pants. "You look...", he eyed him. "Perfect". He earned a blush from the other and an eye roll from Zelo, who cleared his throat behind Xiumin.

"Ehmm...Luhan hyung, can we talk for a minute?" If looks could kill he would of already be dead by Xiumins eyes.

"Sure". Luhan followed him to his studio.

"So..."

"So?"

"I just wanted to tell you that Im happy for this, for you, both. BUT, also, you can try anything funny....yet. Because hyung heart is still..."

"Are you trying to tell me not to have with him?"

"Well...", he scratched his neck. "Yes that and...I hope this isnt a game for you. His heart is not ready for and for anything else bad, so please dont brake it". Luhan sighed.

"I wont...dad"

-----------------------

It started really awkward on the elevator. The truth is that in this kind of silent moments Sehans voice would be the one braking them, without him is just a liltlle strange. 

Luhan behave like a true gentleman, opening doors and taking the coats and whatnot. It made Xiumin feel both shy and joyfull at the same time.

The place that they went to was small and humble, after all Luhan couldnt pay anymore.

All night he felt attracted to Xiumin in a way that he hadnt alow himself before. He was enjoying the way those small almond eyes were looking at him, like a little boy, obidient, shy, sweet. In this moments he would filled his mouth with food because the need to kiss was to much. Surprisingly, he wasnt surprised by that.

Who was suprise was Xiumin, especially when Luhan cought his hand and held it until they reached the car, and then took again in every red light that they found on their way home.

-------------------

And in between it all there was this feeling, the sense, the sensation of being home, of doing the right thing. The thought that this was the right thing to do, the right way of living: to love and be loved.