Last past

Second life

Those who knows him might think that after the trial every secret that Kim Minseok had was out in the light, but they are very wrong. All of this time Xiumin had been thankfull that those secrets kept them selfs where they belonged, in the past. Now the thing with secrets is that they can come back in the form of an old friend, of an old photo, of a blue velvety box or a young good looking male nurse.

Xiumin kept an exceptional health all trough his pregnancy and the birth of Lumin (it was the official name now) was going to be under a very carefully planed ceasection, it was gonna be risky and could be lethal, but the doctors were confident about it no matter what.

____________

It was a monday when Luhan brought Xiumin back home that Zelo handed him something.

"I thought about this a lot", he said to his hyung, "And no matter what I still think you should have it". He gave Luhan a rather big velvet box, like the size of a shoe box. "He said is his last possession and that I should use it for Lumins sake or to get paid for everything I did for him...so is for your child, not me", he shoved the box on Luhans hands, he took it and left.

Days passed and he didnt open the box, it was true, it was for Lumin.

_________________

Before everyone knew who he really was, Xiumins biggest fear was being recognized, after people found the truth he felt free and never feared to be found. But that one night the fear came and from the person he least expected.

Kai and him were siping green tea at Zelos terrance when suddenly Kai said the words.

"Its been so long since we met", he started, "and not even once you remembered me", he fake pouted. Xiumin looked at him with out understanding, the nurse smiled at him.

"What are you talking about?". Xiumin smiled nervous.

"You know I watched the trial and I was so surprised that it never came to light".

"What?", Xiumin asked , now fearing.

"I, mister Kim, know your very biggest secret", he looked at his pacient right in the eyes. Xiumin paled, Kai panicked. "NO! Please calm down I didnt mean to make you upset. I didnt know it was a big deal". But Xiumin was starting to cry. "No beautifull, dont cry. You are an angel, you did nothing wrong. You saved my life too". He hugged the pregnant male who couldnt stop sobbing.

___________

After Luhan scaped, Minseok entered into the slave trade world, he started just to see if Luhan hadnt been caught back. And he found a world that twisted his guts. Being the person that he was, he was practically treated as king by the traders. It took him three vists to slave houses to make the desission that he made.

Many people, his friends included, thinks that he lost his fortune to his employees, to bad bussiness choices, to his family, to his madness; but the truth was that he lost most of it buying slaves. He charged most of his buyings to his uncle or his fathers accounts, the two commercialized slave on daily basis and had so many that they hardly ever notice how many they actually had.

He bought 15, until his family started to get prosecuted and he decided that he had to leave the country. This 15 boys and girls, were those who he thought were too young or looked to sick to "stay on busyness". He kept them in a wharehouse that he owned until he found them a better place to be, medical help, a job, things that could keep them free.

Among those people was the yougest one that hed seen, an 11 year old boy, beautifull smile, he cost a lot because they sold him for a , Minseok was disgusted. It took him some time but he found him a family for him, loving parents. He planed to returned him to his family but the boy told him that his mother and uncle sold him to the trader, so he couldnt go back, he cried and begged him.

The boy and his new family went to Thailand, he grew there and became a fine man with a need to help others, he bacame a nurse. One day he decided to look for a better professional future in China and moved there. After some years of living there, he once cameback from the hospital he worked for to see in the news that a big slave trader was found, the man was from Korea (his real home land). When he saw the guys face he couldnt believe it and a flash of memories filled his mind and tears did the same to his eyes. On the screen there was the man that gave him his family and his freedom, he was older and looked different but he would never forget those beautifull catlike eyes.

He regreted never presented himself in the court, he feared for his parents fate. But fate had a surprise for him and offered him way to redeem himself. A pacient had enter the emergency ward and was the talk of the hospital, Jin Xiumin, the slave trader was in one of their beds, pregnant, crying. He followed his case as much as he could and when the oppportunity came he talked to Zelo and told him that he could work for him, as Xiumins caretaker if they ever needed one.

He got to meet the man, his kindness, his struggles, his love. All of his life he had admired a face that he could hardly remember, but now he could do so with a whole person in front of him. Now, in his arms, crying out his last secret. Letting go of the last trace of his past.

______________________

There was a cruel storm two nights before the programmed birth. Luhan had already planned not to go because he was gonna be at work. Before going to bed, he talked to Xiumin on the phone, said goodnight and Sehan did too.For some reason the thunders and the noise of the water clapping on the roof top didnt let him sleep.

He turned the light on and rubbed his eyes, ready to go for a glass of water. On his way out of bed he glanced at the velvet blue box that was in his closet. Bored, he walked there and brought it with him to the kitchen, he was going to open it.

He sat to the kitchen table, glass in hand, when he opened it the first thing he saw already surprised him and gave him mixed feelings. It was the ring that he lost swimming to scape: platinum and a red diamond. A piece that coulve provided for a decent living if Xiumin had sold it before, Luhan wondered why he didnt. Beside there were two letters, one for Sehan, one for Lumin, Luhan didnt open them.

He took everything out and he still felt that the box seemed to heavy, he shook it and the false bottom of the box fell revieling a letter adress to him and a small notebook. He went straight for the journal.

He started to read it, the "story" began in the third day that Luhan had been brought to the Kims mansion and it started with a devastating frase: "...he looked at me with such fear in his eyes that I even regreted to be my self".

Luhan kept reading and reading, feeling made words, dates made facts and memories made truths, truths that he failed to see. The side of man that he never suspected. He cried thinking of the purpusse of this box, of the letters, of the ring, he was regreting his entired life and cried his mistakes. And when the journal came to an end, he felt even worst, there was a list of 15 names, who they were and when was the last time he had seen them, and a note: "If you have time, try to find them and see how they are doing. Im sure that if they are need your organization would be of much help". He felt like monster, he had turned his back on this man that was almost a saint.

He cried himself to sleep over the kitchen table and was violently woken up by the angry ring of his house phone, it was past five.