Young present

Second life

Kai had been taking care of Xiumin for two month now, ever since they found out about the pregnancy and Luhan had suffer this idiocy attack that still doesnt end. He is half japanese, half thai and works in China like many others. He is caring and soft and treats Xiumin like the piece of cristal that he is. He is the person responsible for keeping Xiumin in a good mood and there for in good health, uneffected by Luhans lack of sensibillity. Zelo thinks if it wasnt for him the baby and Xiumin would ve already have a tragic end.

Theres some kind of devotion on Kais part, Zelo doesnt know if it is towards his profession or towards Xiumin, whatever it is, it is doing wonders for his hyungs health and he is thankfull (and proud of himself) for founding him. He leaves them alone every morning and goes to work with a quiet heart and when he comes back his hyung is smiling.

After the first days of his pregnancy Kais job had been more intense, Xiumin couldnt move a lot and he was really scare and upset because he was off his medicins, there were doctors checking on him almost every day. The nurse knew it wasnt his place to ask, but he wondered sometimes where was the father of the baby and if his absence was part of Xiumins conserns. In the course of this two months Luhan only contacted Zelo by phone, or Xiumin himself to know what was happening, he also forbid Sehan from going to visit because he didnt want the boy to cause any trouble (...) Kai didnt want to ask Xiumin, he didnt want to make him nervous, he figure it was the babies father who called sometimes because he heard his pacient giving some kind of report on his health.

It was Chen, of course, who updated him on who Luhan was, what an he was and how much Xiumin loved him anyway. Kai dindt want to badmouth Luhan (no, he wanted to), it wasnt his place. Instead he thought of an strategy to make Xiumin happy, content with himself, his situation was ty, his life had been ty and his future could be even more ty, so the present, he figured, had to be good. So he made his mission to remind his pacient that he was precious and awesome, it wasnt a lie or for pretend, it was the truth, the guy was great so it was an eassy job.

Xiumin was kind, sweet, inteligent, brave, but he failed to see this, so Kai was there to remind him of this on their almost daily walks on the park, on thier masage sessions, on the long afternoons that they spend together.

When he first saw Luhan it was a big surprise for him, he trully thought that the man didnt want to have anything to do with Xiumin nor the baby so when he saw him the negative feelings that he felt  werent a surprise. Where the hell does he come from? He shows up now, playing the boyfriend? Who he think he is? A wave of an overprotective sentiment took over him and all he wanted to do was to take Xiumin as far as possible from that man, so he did.

--------------------------------

"Our relationship...has always been hard to explain", Xiumin said one day when Kai finally dared to ask. "He loves the baby though, I know that", he sounds bittersweet. He is close to eight months now. "I really love Sehan, he is gonna be a great gege".

Sehan is Luhans son from his first marriage, that Kai learned from Zelo. The boy talks on the phone with Xiumin a lot and when he comes back from his weekends at Luhans all he does is talk about the kid, Kai finds that endearing, tipical of his pacient. He wants to meet the child sometime.

His short encounters with Luhan had been very pasive agresive, they speak two words to eachother and in a very harsh manner. Xiumin already told Kai that he doesnt have to worry for Luhan, that he is just like that. Kai cant help to think that Xiumin deffends him and it angers him, even though he knows is not his place to be angry about such a thing. But he has efew words for Luhan about this situation. If you ask him he wouldve never let someone like his pacient go, he was gonna be a great father and he was sure that he would be a good husban, he was a really good man, someone to admire, Kai couldnt believe that Luhan failed to see this.

He kept his strategy, he would always take any moment to tell Xiumin that he was awesome. Small things, like he was a good cook, that most peoples body practically deforms at eight months of pregnancy but not him, that he hoped that the baby has his beautifull eyes. Things that made Xiumin blush but smile at the same time.

--------------------------------

On the friday Luhan went to pick Xiumin up for the weekend and took Sehan with him, it was the first time that he met Kai.

"Who are you?", Sehan asked as he watched Kai helping Xiumin to stand up from the couch he was on, Luhan smirked.

"Hi there, Im Kai", he smiled.

"Ok", Sehan said and went to hold Xiumins hand, the hand that Kai was holding, the nurse smiled. The boy then went to kiss the belly and say hi to his baby.

"Hi Luminie how are you?", he greeted.

"How did you call it?", Xiumin asked.

"My baby's name is Lumin", he smiled proudly.

"Thats a beautifull name", Kai said as he held Xiumins bags. "How did you choose it?"

"Because my papas name is  LuHAN and my appas name was SEhun, so my name is SEHAN. My babys appas name is XiuMIN and our papas name is LUhan, thats how", he explained.

"Thats so claver", Kai commented. "You are gonna be a very good older brother". Xiumin smiled at Kai, Sehan didnt miss it.

"Look appa, I made a draw", he said and showed Xiumin a piece of paper. "This is papa, this is Sehan, this is Lumin (who had the shape of a heart not a person) and this is appa", he pointed at each character. He made Xiumin and Luhan holding hands.

"Thank you this is so pretty"

"See Kai?", he showed it to Kai.

"Kai ge", Xiumin corrected.

"This is papa and this is appa", he pointed at the caracters holding hands. "Only they can hold hands", he said looking at Kais hand.

"Honey you are holding me too", Xiumin said.

"Yes but thats because you are mine", he stated. "And papas...not his", he whispered and pointed at Kai. Luhan, who heard everything couldnt take the grinn off his face.

"Dont be rude Sehan. Kai helps appa a lot", Sehan pouted and ran to Luhan to tug on his hand and pushed him towards Xiumin.

"Come on papa", he complaint as he tried to make Luhan grab Xiumins hand.

"Ok, ok", he said and went for it. "Hi Kai. Hi beautifull", he leaned to peck Xiumins lips but he turned his face so the kiss landed on his cheek. Kai smirked: Kai 1, Luhan -0.