Bittersweet present

Second life

This was by faaar the worst day of Luhans life, after the day he thought his daughter was gonna die of course. He lost his job this day, his boss told him that he was tire of giving him days off, late passes. What was he going to do now? He couldnt even support Sehan at this point. He was gonna have to ask Yifan for money and he didnt like that. Thank God Sehan was at the school when he came back from work too early and the boy didnt see him silently cry, head burried in his hands. The phone rang to only remind him that soon he wasnt even gonna have that, he had to get a new job fast, or maybe he was never going to get his daughter back, Zelo didnt have to know this.

"Hello?"

"Mister Oh?"

"Yes, whos this?"

"Im calling for doctor Zhou to let you know that he is gonna put mister Jin out of his coma in two hours, if you wish to be here"

"Of course", he hang up.

-------------------

He took a shower, ate a sandwich and left. He tried to look like he didnt have any problems.

Him and Zelo stood in the huge window that separated them from entering the shock room Xiumin has been in for the last three months. They watched as the doctors and nurses unplugged everything from his body. With a cough he woke up not understanding much.

His body was numb and his mouth was dry. Slowlly his senses were coming, but it was to swolly, he wanted to ask about his baby, he wanted to know what was happening.

The doctor try to make him focus on his voice so that he stoped panicking and trying to move. Out side Luhan and Zelo were watching the scene anxiously.

Doctor Zhou told him that the baby was fine and that it was a girl. He smiled at the doctor with relieve and watery eyes. The professional then looked at the window and pointed it to Xiumin, who turned his head to the side and saw the two man who were smiling at him, an image of Minseoks birthday came to his mind. He was turning 29 and the two slaves prepared him a cake, they looked like now, smiling expectanly. He smiled back.

Luhan couldnt contain his feelings anymore and started to cry uncontrolably. Zelo saw him, he cluched his hand to the glass of the windows as if trying to push it in an unconscious move.

"Hyung", the lawyer cold his attention.

"Yeah..right...im sorry", he whiped his tears and smiled again. They were not supposed to disturbe the other. He muttered an "I love you" and recieved a tired smile in return. A nurse came and close the courtins, the "visit" time was over.

The doctor came out an explain to them what were the steps to Xiumins recovery. Zelo knew it very well: restricted food, zero stress, exercise, therapy and medicins. They both nodded.

----------------------------------------

He finally found a small job at their organization, it paid little but it was something, he had to take another one at night on bar near his house. He had to leave Sehan at his brothers most of the time, he didnt like to leave the boy alone for such a long time. It was a hard time really he was half sleep most of the time.

There were days that he couldnt visit Lumin, because he was either starting the earliest shifts or trying to catch some sleep. There were days that he didnt even have money for the train. Sometimes he showed up empty handed at Zelos and he was ashamed of him self.

--------------------

Kai was the one who commented on Luhans absence and the change on his behavior to Zelo, who felt in him the beggining of an anger. Was Luhan about to quit again? Damn that man, because he wasnt visiting Xiumin as much either.

One night he went out, one rare event of nature, but a client asked him to so he did. As soon as he entered the bar he thought he saw a familiar face among a small crowd that was at the end of the bar. When he focused his sight he saw him: Luhan, dancing and smiling, with a group of men and women, arms in the air, dress shirt, black vest.

What the hell is going on? He wondered, was this the reason why he wasnt coming to his house to see his daughter? He is been partying? What?! His first instinct was to run to him and, yes, bit the crap out of him but he didnt for his client. He chose a table away from the noices, he didnt wat to see him again.

The next day, before going to work he gave Kai a simple instruction. "If Luhan comes call me immediatly". Kai sighed.

"What did he do now?"

"Nothing...dont worry. Just call me right away".

---------------------------------

Luhan was sleeping with Lumin in his arms when Zelo arrived to his house. The nurse walking close behind him, this was nothing good. When he finally entered and he saw him sleeping, a flash of images came to his mind, images of the night before, with Luhan smiling, out with friends. The nerve, people taking care of his daughter and his "partner", while he was out partying. He approahed and shook him awake.

"So now you need to sleep?!", Kai flew to get the baby out of Luhans arms, her eyes wide open as well.

"What...what is your problem now?"

"How fast do you want to lose your custody hyung?", Luhan paled.

"What? What is this again?"

"You were at a bar last night having the time of your life, did you even knew that Lumin has cold now and that Kai spended all night with her...taking care of your daughter, while you were at a bar, in a party?!". Kai couldnt believe it, this man was disgusting, he went out of the room. Lumin was getting upset.

"No...I...It wasnt a party", he was debating what was worst, if telling him that he lost his job or to lie and say that yes, he was partying. But emotions took him by surprised.

"I..I..lost my job and...", he was about to cry.

"And you drank your sorrows? When are you gonna grow up?!"

"No! I work there! Is my second job...but is until I get something better at a factory or something like that...Ive left CVs already and *sob* I promise you Im trying to *sob*. Please dont...dont take her away from me...", and it broke Zelos heart to see him kneeling down. "..Im doing my best..I *sob* was fired because I was asking for to many days off...ff..for Xiumin and...", Zelo knelt down and made him stand up and, for the first time in his life, he saw fear in Luhans eyes.

"Calm down", he told him and hold him. "Come here", he took him to the chair he was sitting before. "Why you didnt tell me before? When did this happend?"

"I..I ...you all said that one of the reasons I couldnt have Lumin with me was because I didnt make enough money...and I thought that if you knew that I didnt have my job anymore you...you would...", he couldnt say it, he lowered his head. Zelo sighed. Kai appeard with a glass Coke for Luhans break down, he was shaking when he took it.

"Im sorry, I didnt mean to treat you like that, is just that I thought...Is that why you werent coming so often, why you are not visiting Xiumin?", Luhan noded.

"I can give you some money until you get back to your feet"

"No, I already own you enough. No I can take care of Sehan. Just keep Luminie healthy and let me see her...just that", he said and started to cry again.

------------------

His relationship with Zelo change after that, it got better. On a monday he went to visit Xiumin, he had been told that they moved him to a normal room. He bought a rose and a small bunny plushie, he was nervous as he got closer to the room. He heard voices, Kai was there, then he heard Xiumins laughter. They were playing with Lumin, he heard her giggles too. He stood inches away from the door frame and listen to them.

"Look isnt daddy pretty?", Kai said on a baby voice.

"Im not pretty, Im handsome", Luhan knew that he was pouting.

"Hahaha...pouting like that you look even cuter", Kai pointed out.

"Shut up...Im so paled...Ghosts dont look cute"

"This ghost does. Isnt that right princess Lu Lu?", a nickname. He didnt have nicknames for his daughter. Xiumin laughed.

"Princess is the right way to call her isnt it?", Xiumin remarked.

"Yes it is because she is as beautifull as her appa", when Luhan dared to peak he saw Kais hand carresing Xiumins cheek and Xiumin leaning into the touch. Looking at each others eyes.

There were good days for Luhan and also bad days. But then there were days like this monday, where he just wanted to give up.