The Night Before

Illusions
 
Chapter 9
The Night Before
 
I_t2j7RPjeSurvajoa9IH6A_X6l8G3mtNBtDU9xB
 
 
 
Dara P.O.V.
 
 
 
 
After dinner we all walk out towards our rooms with mom and I hanging in the back. She looked like she was really sad. She had watery, red eyes which were poofy. But I decided to ignore it. We were quietly walking until Seungri stops in his tracks and comes towards me my mom. 
 
 
 
"Eomonim, can we all sleep in one room tonight?" He asks my mom.  "You see, I have trouble falling asleep by myself. Especially if I am not acquainted with the place." He was really trying his best to persaude my mom, because not only was he using the biggest words he knows, he's also throwing in his irresistable puppy dog eyes .
 
 
 
"Of course, why not?" I hear my mom say. Of course she couldn't resist Seungri's puppy dog eyes. Even I couldn't, and I get those from him everyday. But something did tick me. Why was she so persuasive to Seungri but if I ask her of the girls can come have a sleepover she denies oh so quickly. I thought. She must've read my mind again because she replied:
 
 
 
"No, you just can't pull of the same amount of cuteness as he can, Dee." She sticks out her tongue. I act as if I was hurt and insulted at her comment. Then we burst out laughing at each others 'matureness'. We then hear a commotion in the front. It was Seungri and Chaerin arguing.
 
 
 
"Chaerin noona, guess what? We get to sleep together again!" I hear him say. My mom almost burst out laughing again at his comment. I didn't get why.
 
 
 
"Yah! What do you mean sleeping with me tonight? Like i'll ever let you enter my room." Chaerin told him.
 
 
 
"Who says I'm sleeping in your room tonight? I just eomonim if we can all sleep in one room tonight and she agreed saying we'll all sleep at Dara's room tonight. Right, eomonim?" He says turning back to my mother.
 
 
 
"Of course. But, no staying up late tonight. I'm gonna have a maid check on you on exactly 10 p.m. and if she finds anyone of you up, you don't wanna what will happen." She said, not exactly threatening but enough to make us really scared because after all as children, our parents should be the one that terriffies us the most. 
 
 
 
"Alright." Everyone manages to say. As we all enter our rooms. Before the maid could close the door, I ran to my mom to give her a big hug and kiss.
 
 
 
"Good night, mom. I love you SO MUCH." I whisper to her. I could hear choke back her tears. 
 
 
 
"I love you, too, sweetie. Good night." She said as I release her from my hug and she closes the door. When she left, the maids help us into our night dresses and pajamas. Which were by the way as soft as silk. Which they probably were made from. And at exactly 10 p.m. We were all in bed with the lights out. 
 
 
 
I could faintly hear everyone's snores as they started falling asleep one by one, but for some reason I could not manage to close my eyes for more than 10 seconds. I layed there for maybe an hour until all the maids have  finally left the room so they could go and take a rest. Thinking I was the only one left awake, I stood up and walked outside to the balcony. I sat in the big chair that was out there with my pillow looking up at the stars. 
 
 
 
"What-ya doing out here?" I was about to scream but a hand covered my mouth.
 
 
 
"Relax, will you? It's just me." I heard the voice say. I turn to look at the owner of the voice. It was Jiyong's.
 
 
 
"Oh, Ongie!" I managed to say with my mouth covered. He takes off his hand and sits down next to me. 
 
 
 
"So, can't sleep?" He asks me. He looks up to the stars and I see his face being illuminated by the moon. Whoa... I thought. Wait. What am I thinking about this is Jiyong for goodness sakes. I thought as heat slowly develops on my face.
 
 
 
"Mhm." I say while nodding my head and joining him look to the sky. 
 
 
 
"Me, neither." He says. We look up at the sky for what seemed to be a really long time. We were silent, but it was a comfortable silence. In the back of my head I feel like it'll be awhile until I get comforted by this type of silence again, and I don't know why. Still looking up at the sky I suddenly see a shooting star. 
"Uwah! A shooting star! Make a wish! Pali!" I say, then I close my eyes and say my wish. I wish that everyone's parents are in heaven looking down upon us with happy faces. I have been feeling guilty that my parents survived and no one else's did. I turn to Jiyong and see him also with his eyes closed and looking up. I wonder what he's wishing for. He then opens his eyes and turns to me.
 
 
 
"What makes you think I would tell you?" He asks me. 
 
 
 
"Tell me what?" I say back to him. I was pretty sure I said that in my head. He looks at me funny and shakes his head. 
 
 
 
"No, you did not say that in your head, I just heard you... Well some where." He looks at me in disbelief. So, since we could not figure this out, I decided to conduct a test. Jiyong-ie, can you hear this? I think in my head. He nods. Say your answer out loud. I think. 
 
 
 
"Yes, I can hear you." Jiyong says. Then his calm face instantly turns shocked. "Oh my DRAGON! I can hear you! But... But... But, your not moving your mouth." He says almost yelling. 
 
 
 
"Ssshhh." I tell him. "I think this is what my mom calls 'telepathy'. It's an ability where we are supposed to be able to talk to each other through our heads." He slowly nods his head as he tries to connect the dots. 
 
 
 
"Wait. Try it again." He then says. Alright. Can you still hear me? I ask him in my head. Yeah. That was not me.
 
 
 
"Did you hear me say yeah?" He asks me. 
 
 
 
I nod my head as I say, "Yea." I then look at his eyes. He was now smiling. 
 
 
 
"Oh my butterflies, we do have telepathy." I say. "B-But telepathy is really high level of magic that takes a really tight bond, it should've taken years to..." I start to say before he puts his hands over my mouth. 
 
 
 
"Does it matter? No. All that matters is that..." He says then he points to his temple. We can communicate through here. He says or thinks...Ahh I don't know anymore. He starts to smile. And I smile back, shyly.
 
 
 
"But should we tell others about this?" I ask him. 
 
 
 
"No. Let's keep this our little secret." he says. 
 
 
 
It was already starting to get brighter, so we decided to back inside and to try and get as much sleep as we can. Me and Jiyong were sleeping in opposite sides of the room. We tip-toed as quietly as we could to our spots and lay in our beds. 
 
 
 
Good night, Dara. I hear in my head I turn to where his bed was and smiled at him. Good night, Jiyong. I thought as I fell into a deep slumber. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
So how did you guys like that? They have telepathy now! YAY! As you can tell from now Jiyong's thoughts are in blue while Dara's is in pink. Two uploads in one weekend! I'm so happy! I might have time to upload again in the middle off this week, but I can't I'm sorry for getting your hopes up. Running Man's BigBang special came out today but is still not subbed.... ;( Can't wait 'til it is please support them by watching. Oh and did you notice the new banner. It took me 2 hours to make hope you like it!
 
I hope you enjoyed this chappie. Please feel free to comment because I love to hear what you guys have to say. Annyeong Yeorobun! Ppyeong Ppyeong!