The Dream

Illusions

 

 

 

Chapter 17
The Dream

 

tumblr_msnyd48WfM1syckfyo1_500.gif

 

 

 

No One's POV

 

 

Tired and hungry, Jiyong, Youngbae and Seungri decided to rest for the rest of the night in front of the warm fire Jiyong and Ji-Eun managed to create with the little power they had left for the night. Taeyang having shot bows and not magical arsenal was well rested magically. He conjured up a chicken, which they ate deliciously after it roasted over the warm fire.

 

 

They were seated around the circle in a triangle shape, made from the three logs Seungri had found earlier in the day before his fear caught up with him. The tent Taeyang had the previous night unfortunately had been burned down by the Leshies, so the boys had to sleep outside in the cold. 

 

 

Jiyong had taken out the big blanket he was given for them to sleep on while Youngbae had conjured up another big blanket to cover them up. They had decided it was best for the three of them to sleep with each other worried that something might happen to them while they were sleeping. Before going to bed, Jiyong had decided to get more wood to keep the fire lasting longer.

 

 

"Hyung?" Seungri said to Youngbae. He was already tucked into the blankets a safe distance away from the fire. Youngbae was tending to Ji-Eun who was getting ready to rest, too.

 

 

"Neh, Seungri-yah." Youngbae answered looking toward the young boy. He was ruffling Ji-Eun's fur searching for any injuries he hadn't fixed up yet.

 

 

"How do you think everyone else is doing? I mean both you and me got lucky being found early and all... but do you think they are experiencing their nightmares right now, too?" Seungri asked. 

 

 

Youngbae found no further injuries on Ji-Eun so he scratched her behind the ear and patted her head good night before he slowly stood up and walked toward Seungri. 

 

 

"I don't know kiddo... That's what I've been thinking about ever since Jiyong found me." He answered as he slowly on the other side of the blanket. They had arranged for Jiyong to sleep in the middle and act like heater for the other two for his natural warm body heat.

 

 

Seungri looked down and slowly closed his eyes. 

 

 

"I hope their okay..." He replies as he finally drifted to sleep.

 

 

Youngbae had just been looking at Seungri sleep, until he heard crunching noises behind him. He jumped up, dagger in his hand only to find Jiyong back with the firewood.

 

 

"Aish. You scared me." Youngbae said as he laid back down.

 

 

"Mianhe. I didn't mean too. I thought you were asleep." Jiyong said.

 

 

"It's ok. Now put that into the fire and come here and sleep. We're continuing our search at sun rise." Youngbae said.

 

 

"Yea. Ok." Jiyong said, as he places the new found firewood into the fire and began to lay in between Youngbae and Seungri.

 

 

"How do you think the others are doing right now?" Youngbae asked Jiyong.

 

 

"I hope their doing well. If they're hurt in anyway, shape or form, I will make sure I will eliminate whatever did that to them." Jiyong replied.

 

 

"And I'll help you." Youngbae said as his eyes begin to drop.

 

 

"Good night, Ji." He said.

 

 

"Good night, Bae." Jiyong replied.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

I was laying on grass with trees above me. they sky wasn't very clearly seen from my point of view because of the leaves and branches of the trees. When I got up I felt a bolt of pain in my head, which sadly wasn't uncommon. I'd gotten this a lot before everything started to happen all at once. Which reminded me, where's Seungri and Teayang. I looked around for them, but with no success. As I look around, I notice that the forest I was in was quite familiar. 

 

 

'Where am I?' I thought. I certainly wasn't in the maze anymore. This was more like the village forest. I had also realized I had gotten taller. Huh? Not just by a bit too, but by a LOT. Knowing my way through the forest I was able to find my way out in no less than 3 minutes. When I had exited, I found myself at the village. In the same condition as it was, before it was thrashed. I saw familiar but older looking faces. Everyone I knew looked like they were 18 or 17. 

 

 

'Have I grown up, too?' I asked myself. As i passed by,  I notice people bunching up and start to whisper.

 

 

'He's here.'

 

 

'He's back, already?'

 

 

'He's actually brave enough to show his face around here again.'

 

 

'He is so handsome... Too bad for all the negative things about him though...'

 

 

I heard people say. I see some pointing to my chest talking about some scar.

 

 

'Handsome?! Don't you dare talk about him like that! You know his past.'

 

 

I heard someone hiss. I turn to the direction of where iI heard the comment. But before I could, someone else caught my eye. 

 

 

"Minji?" I called out. I saw her in her regular dress and carrying a basket of bread. She turns and when she recognizes me, she gives me a big frown. She put the bread down on the nearest chair before stomping her way towards me. 

 

 

 

"You !" She said when she was in front of me, pounding on my chest. "How. Could. You?" She said in between her punches. It didn't hurt, but with every punch she gave me, I could feel the earth below my feet rise. More the pain, I felt confused. 

 

 

"What did I do?" I asked her. As her hits begin to softern. But upon hearing my question, she resumed even harder than last time. 

 

 

"What did you do?" She asked angrily. It was almost as if she was mocking my question. Wait. Maybe she was mocking my question. "How could you just leave like that? Leaving me, the gang and especially Dara unnie!?" She continued.

 

 

"Dara? Dara's here? Where?" she looked up at me furiously. 

 

 

"Why the hell would I tell you? You don't deserve her anymore. She'll be happier with who she's with right now! So leave them alone!" She says as she kicks the ground causing a peice of it right under me to come up with so much force it makes me fall on my . Satisfied on her work, she stomped away, back to her bread and walked away calmly while I was still at the floor. I was confused.

 

 

'What just happened?' I thought, still on the ground. 

 

 

I stay there trying to figure out what was going on 'til i find a hand hovering above me. I look up to see the owner of the hand. It was TOP hyung. 

 

 

"Get up. You ." He said.

 

 

"Hyung? What's going on?" I ask.

 

 

"No matter how much I wanna punch you right now for leaving, I won't since you do look completely clueless." He said. Good. Someone's willing to explain.

 

 

'"Why? What's happened?" I asked.

 

 

"You really don't remember?" He said.

 

 

"No. Remember what?" I said. As i said that some of the doubt was erased off his face. 

 

 

"Jiyong. You've been missing for two years." He answered. 

 

 

"Two years!?" I shouted. He covered his ear that was closest to me.

 

 

"What?!" He yelled back. "I SHOULD BE THE ONE YELLING YOU'VE BEEN GODDAMN MISSING THESE WHOLE TWO YEARS, NOT ONCE SHOWING YOUR FACE TO US! YOUR SO CALLED BESTFRIENDS! AND NEXT THING WE HEAR YOUR DATING THIS KIKO-CHICK, BREAKING YOUR 'GIRLFRIEND'S' HEART!" 

 

 

"Kiko?" I said somehow managing to catch everything he said even though he said it really fast.

 

 

"Yeah. That . What do you even see in her?" He answered. He staerted to pull me into an alley way, since we had gained some unneeded attention.

 

 

"I don't know a Kiko." I said to him. He turned to look at me like I had grown two heads. He looked at me for awhile as if examinig me and if I was trustworthy.

 

 

"Yes, you do. Don't you?" He said unsuringly. "She came right around the time you had left. And she's your 'girlfriend'." He said to me.

 

 

"The last thing I remember was waking up in the forest, man. And considering how out of it I was when I woke up, I think I been asleep for way longer than a year." I told him.

 

 

"Wait you've been asleep this whole time?" He asked.

 

 

"I don't know. That's just the only thing I know." I wasn't really sure but I sure had one strong of a gut feeling about it. 

 

 

"I knew it... That was lying..." He looked down onto the floor menacingly. After a while he looked back up at me. "But still. What has happened has happened. Jiyong I cannot allow you to go near Dara." He continued.

 

 

"What!? Why?" I asked him. 

 

 

"You just can't things have changed in these 2 years. The problem that began 9 years ago only got worse with out your presence." He replied.

 

 

"What problem?" I was confused. If my calculations are correct I would be 18 right now, so 9 years ago... would have been were my current state is at... The Mission.

 

 

He smacked my head hearing my question. 

 

 

"Yah! Did you really forget everything?" He asked me. I nodded as I tend to my hurt head.

 

 

"Yes. Well, everything but before having saved Seungri 9 years ago." I answered. He looked at me, questioning himself if I was being truthful or not. I wasn't lying. That's the only memory I have. 

 

 

"Then you have to see her condition for yourself again then." He said. "But, you have to make sure to keep yourself hidden. I cannot risk having Dara see you. She may break down again." 

 

 

He leads me out of the alley, onto the market, then to the residential area. We were on our way to what seemed like Dara's house. It had gotten brighter here, more colorful and definately more children running around. Before we reached her house he stops me, just around the corner. 

 

 

 

"Okay. To make sure she doesn't see us I am gonna manipulate some stuff to cover us in a blanket which makes us kind of invisible, but not silent. You have to make sure to keep quiet, Okay? We've done this in the past before you left but considering how far your memory has recovered I don't think you'd remember." He begins to make the 'blanket' of air and cover us with it. 

 

 

We slowly enter the house through the open window and climbed into the one-story stone house. We navigate our way through quietly. Everything looked exactly before the war. It was eerie. I finally see the door to her room, glad to see that it was open. Seunghyun stops me before I could look through and looks at me pitifully. He sighed before he finally made way.

 

 

I gasp as I see Dara sitting up on her bed, still as beautiful as ever, but with a small scar on her face and a three huge ones that traced from her right shoulder down to her stomach. I wouldn't know she had clothes on! 

 

 

What the hell had happen to her?

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

I had woken up to Youngbae's shaking. 

 

 

"Oh my God. Jiyong are you alright?" He asks i look at him then at Seungri, before I realize that I was sweating like crazy and hyper ventelating. 

 

 

"Yea. I'm fine. Crazy dream, that's all." i said as my breathing starts to calm down. They both sigh of relief and sat down comfortably.

 

 

"Thank God... I thoought you'd been possessed." Youngbae says as he slowly stands up.

 

 

"I did too, hyung! What did you dream about to start sweating like that?" He asked. I didn't want to tell them. It was a crazy dream that so far has no meaning to it, but i feel an extremely dangerous aura around it.

 

 

"I don't remember Seungri." I said. Seungri begins to stand up, too. Youngbae looked at me as he was packing to continue the search. It was right around sunrise and the sky was a mix of orange and yellow. It looked beatiful. But there was no time to bask in its beauty, we had to look for the rest of our friends. I  get up and fold the blankets before placing them in my bag before we went off to continue lookink for our lost, probably terrified friends.

 

 

Little do I know what that dream meant, but I new it meant something. Nothing means what it means in this world. Nothing.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeong Yeorobun! This is a long update right?? I hoped you liked it, and I'm sorry for not updating on the exact day again! I had a surprise practice... But don't worry about the next chappie though it will come out on time since I have already began writing it. So Don't WORRY! Author-nim's got this B) Just so most of you don't get confused in this part of the story Jiyong is still 9. They won't be getting older until after the mission. And also that this story s situated around the medieval era. Or if any of you have seen the most recent movie of Jack the giant slayer then you can imagine Dara's house being like his house somewhat. 

Again depending on the comments I will update either on Saturday, Nov. 14 or Wed. next week on Nov. 18. FOUR comments for the earlier release! Komawo Yeorobun!

See you soon!

Annyeong!

-MichiDago<3