The Young and Terrified

Illusions

 

 

 

Chapter 18
The Young and Terrified

 

 

 

????'s POV

 

 

I am now hugging the younger of us, comforting her. The person that's been taking care of us since we were dropped off at their locations had just commited a gruesome suicide in front of us. He said he'll stay with us and protect us from the wild animals that may wander into our presence, but just a couple of minutes ago he slit his wrists and laughed hysterically, screaming threats towards us as he bled to death. 

 

 

"Unni... what just happened?" The younger said. 

 

 

"I don't know... Minzy-yah. I don't know." I was still staring the dead figure in front of me. Laying there. Eyes wide open. Still smiling. But dead cold laying there in his own pool of blood. He who had fed us, provided us with shelter in his own home in the maze for the past two days, dead.

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

We've been walking around more accurately, thankfully now that the mirror was working properly again. But even though we've been walking around since forever it looks like we still have a lot more to do, because we were just halfway there. Or it looked like it at the very least. He coudn't really tell since the mirror was so small. He was leading while Taeyang was behind him followed by Ji-Eun who carrying the tired little Seungri. 

 

 

"Hyung.. Are we there yet?" Little Seungri asked me. 

 

 

"Aniya. But I guess we could take a break we have been walking seince sunrise and it should be right around lunch now so..." I said it was a well needed break. I couldn't have waited for another second too. Unlike last night, it was surprisingly warmer and with the many layers on their bodies and their non-stop walking, They were sweating like mad men. or boys. They were in area of the maze where the bushes were a lot shorter than the rest the boys could literally see over it. Even Seungri could. The passages also seemed a lot wider than the other areas.

 

 

I then spot a wide open space with a little fountain in the middle. Perfect for a picnic. "Let's settle over there and have lunch." I pointed as we make our way. Jumping over the short bushes.

 

 

When we got there, I starting setting up a make-do picnic using one of the blankets we slept on as the picnic basket. Taeyang was, again, tending to Ji-Eun's needs. I swear if Ji-Eun were human. Seungri was conjuring up some food for us to eat and we soon began our meal.

 

 

Seungri and Taeyang had managed to conjure up some sandwiches and water. Though they weren't the same as home-made ones anything tasted good when they were hungry. 

 

 

As we were eating peacefully, I thought. Who was the next person I would have to save?

 

 

 

????'s POV

 

 

We've been hugging for the past three hours. Minzy had fallen asleep a long time ago, but I feared something could happen if I let her go, so I didn't.

 

 

We had moved though. I finally couldn't take the sight of the corpse of the old man in his kitchen so I moved us to the living room and seated us into the bigger chair. 

 

 

We could've avoided this, ya know. If only they didn't follow this man. 

 

 

Right after being dropped off by the soldiers, they began to walk around the maze aimlessly to stay warm. They were told they couoldn't risk leaving both of us alone by ourselves so they were forced to keep us together. Thank God, too. I don't think I could've made it this far without Minzy. As we were walking around all I could focus on was the many things that could come out from anywhere and kill us, so I freaked out on every noise that we made. 

 

 

Minzy, with her ground powers and all, helped me through it by feeling the vibrations from the ground verifying that we truly were alone.

 

 

Until, she felt a heartbeat. A old man's heartbeat. We were planning to avoid him but we ended up face to face with him instead. I mean you meet a man that lives and roams in a dangerous maze is pretty freaky. He told ud that his home was not far, and seeing the exhausted Minzy I gave in sonce I knew I wouldn't have anymore energy to create shelter for us. 

 

 

We followed him until we reached a small hut. He let us in and we found ourselves in a one bedroom hut. He said we looked hungry so the first thing he did was offer us food. We gladly accepted not bothering to question the man's identity. I mean after all we are young kids, hungry, exhausted young kids. 

 

 

We slept there and he fed us breakfast, lunch and dinner. I thought we were lucky finding this guy yesterday, only to regret meeting him in the first place today.

 

 

I was petting Minzy's hair when I hear growling. It was coming from outside. It was bright out, so I get up a bit trying to not disturb Minzy's sleep. I see a set of giant eyes staring back at me. It was yellow, with black inflated pupils and I had a feeling that it was staring right back at me. One things for sure though. The owner of the eyes were huge.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeong Yeorobun! Ok... So this whole day I thought it was tuesday because i wasn't rushing for a deadline like I usually do so right after practice I fell asleep. Then I wake up around 10 minutes ago realizing "wait... it's wednesday.... F***" so I quickly pulled this up from my google drive and and changing my previous author note in to this one. I decided to make the chapters a bir shorter now so that his final rescue (Which by the way is still yet to be decided to be the end of the story or not...) will be reaaalllyyy long.

Remember to give me 4 comments! for and earlier update that is...

Annyeong Yeorobun!

-MichiDago <3