The Mission

Illusions

 

Chapter 12
The Mission

I_t2j7RPjeSurvajoa9IH6A_X6l8G3mtNBtDU9xB

 

Dara P.O.V. 

 

As the door was opening we, Jiyong and I, could see the rest of us. As well as the King and my Mom.  The odd part was now everyone had sometype of weapon in their hands.

 

 

"What's going on?" I say as I hear the doors shutting locking us into the hall.

 

 

Bommie was holding onto Katar. It's blades were made with ice that were clear as day. It was beautiful, but was emitting a strange, mysterious, tempting, yet dangerous aura. 

 

 

Seunhyun-ie oppa was holding onto a staff just around 1 foot taller than he was . It was blue and almost seemed transparent, if you didn't look for it hard enough.

 

 

Little Seungri was holding onto a Scythe. It was around 2 feet taller tan him and the blade seemed heavy, yet he looked like he wasn't having any trouble holding it up. It was emitting a dark aura, which scared me for the scythe was always one of my hated weapons. It always screamed death and bad juju.

 

 

Chaerin-ie was holding onto a Parasol. On the top of it, there seemed to be a little ball of shimmering air. It was beautiful,I felt like I could see the world in there if I stared long enough, but as I blinked the feeling disappeared.

 

 

Minzy-ya was holding onto a Halbert. It was also taller than Minzy. It had a wooden base and what looked like a steel blade that was so clean I could see my reflection from it. And yet the tip of the blade seemed dull. 

 

 

Taeyang was holdong onto a bow. He was also carrying the arrow\ bag on his back but it was empty. The bottom of the bag looked really dark though as if it seemed to go on forever.

 

 

Daesung-ie was holding onto two sai's, one in each hand. Both looked dangerously sharp, but relatively longer compared to regular sai's. The base of the sai's were decorated with vine imprints and so was the blade and anyone would see the craftmanship of the weapon.

 

 

 My mother was also dressed to the occasion. She was in fighting clothes. She was in a short green dress with blacking stockings and heavy boots. Her belt held her dagger and her hair was pulled out of her hair. Although, her clothes were a bit used from previous hunts and battles, her aura still screamed 'YOU SHALL NOT DEFY THIS WOMAN OR YOU SHALL DIE TODAY'.

 

 

The King though was still in his regular fancy clothing that screamed 'I AM KING, DO NOT DEFY ME'. but this time arounf he was actually wearing his crown.

 

 

"... U-Umma...?" I managed to sputter.

 

 

"My child. I have called you and friends here to share the rest of the news the KIng had failed to tell you earlier today at breakfast." Umma said. I stare at her for this was the very first time she has ever spoken to me formally.

 

 

" W-why is everyone holding a weapon, umma?" I ask. Bommie and Seunghyun oppa continued to look ahead as everyone else slowly looked down, yet pain reflected in their eyes. They were here to recieve the news first so they must've heard it being relayed over and over again. I even saw Seungri wipe away a tear that managed to fall from his unblinking eyes.

 

 

"You will understand soon, but please let me continue." She says. I take a peek at Jiyong who is also wide-eyed before I looked back to my mother and nod. "As we have told you, Jiyong has been suspected of being a criminal." I look at Jiyong, fully, this time and saw as he tried to keep his composure. I turned back. "Luckily for Jiyong, we, as in the King and myself, believe that he is innocent." She continued. That made me relieve somewhat. At least someone believes that he is innocent, even better it was the King and the princess od the kingdom. "Although we believe in Jiyong, our voices still could not top the rest of the council's. And unfortunately they are already trying to get Jiyong arrested. So we have manage to compromise with them to keep Jiyong from being imprisoned." It was now Seunghyun's turn to hide his face, but he didn't look sad instead he was trying to hide the furious look on his face. I could hear his thought's already. Some plan it is, too. He said completely sarcastic.

 

 

"The court has decided, that if we want to keep Jiyong out of jail, he will have to prove his innocence." Mother continued. "He will have to undergo a supervised mission that will prove his innocence and loyalty to this kingdom." I should be feeling relieved right now but I felt the aura in the room just darken even more, so I am even more anxious to know what this 'mission' is.

 

 

"What m-mission eomoni?" I hear Jiyong say. He was trying to look brave and confident but he was obviously scared on the inside.

 

 

"Jiyong-ie..." I hear my mother say, as she looked at him sadly, before she immediately came back to her senses. "S-sorry. I will continue." She said before she picks out a scroll that was hanging from her belt. She slowly opened it and began to read the inscription. "To prove his innocence and loyalty to the kingdom, Kwon Jiyong, a suspected criminal, on account of treason, will have to perform this supervised mission: On November 16, XXXX, at Le Terrain Mystiques he, Kwon Jiyong will have to save his friends from there worst fears, who will join him as he will try to defeat one of his kind, a tri-bodied. The Minotaur."

 

 

My vision is starting to get shaky as I try to understand the message my mother has just relayed. The M-minotaur.... the m..minotaur. W-worst fears...?  I start to think. My legs are numb as I look up once again. But my mother was no longer there. She was walking towards the King. As she reached the King, though, she kept walking now to the armoire at the back of the room and opened it. In there was two weapons which i guess one was for me and the other was for Jiyong. One was a dagger and the other was a sword. She gave one each to the the two servants who was assisting her. The dagger was short and looked extremely sharp just like the sword but had a pink-ish, purple-ish tint to the blade. As I continued to stare at it, the dagger slowly floated up off the servants hands and flew straight to me. looking as if it was going to stab me. I hear gasps and someone scream my name before the dagger quickly faced it's hilt to me in mid-air and stopped right above my hands and slowly float down.  I stare at the dagger and look  up to everyone else. Seunghyun was holding Bommie, who I guessed was the one who screamed my name. My mother and the KIng were staring at me wide-eyed like the younger ones. I turn to Jiyong as his legs finally gave up on him as he was now sitting on the floor.

 

 

"Only once have a seen an attraction so strong from that weapon to its new bearer. And that was when her original owner had recieved it, Helen." I stare back at the dagger. "Katoptris, is what it's called, although it was barely used for battle I believe it will help you out channeling your powers." he continued, obviously delighted. 

 

 

"And for you Jiyong,"My mother said as the servant that was holding onto Jiyongs weapon was handing it to him. "It doesn't havr much of a history like Dara's does and you are it's first official owner, is recieving a sword." She says looking at him. The sword was awesome.  It had a hilt imprinted with flames and a long blade that looked sharp and shiny. It was a beautiful piece also.

 

 

"Now, that you have your weapons, to help you with your mission you will be undergoing a week-long training. It will start tomorrow and end sometime before the mission. Please send the children to there rooms please, Lee-shi." The King said. "This meeting is now dismissed." And after those words, both my mother and the King disappeared out of thin air. I look at the rest, before running up to them to discuss what just happened.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Annyeong Yeorobun! I am extremely sorry for the long wait! Jeongmal Joesong haeyo! So please consider it as a mini hiatus, but I was so busy i didn't have time to write so here she is and I hope you like the chapter. I kind of felt sad that I didn't get a lot of feedback upvote wise last time, but i was extremely happy towards your guys comments. So to make this lazy author have motivation to write please let's raise the upvotes up by 2 and maybe 2 comments? Last time I got three comments from you guys but never got the time to thank you for it and tell you that your words really meant a lot even if they were short so special thanks to: fict21onpmmarbalinasand hernandezjazmine for commenting on the last chapter! Ok so remember for me to write again on November 16 or 15 (depending on how much comments and votes I get) give this story 2 more upvotes and 2 comments to this chappie! See you then my subbies, offline readers and my new readers that might have just read this!

 

Annyeong Yeorobun!

 

-MichiDago-