Mystery Girl

Illusions

 

Chapter 15
Mystery Girl

tumblr_mwb2l34Stx1rp30rso1_500.gif

 

 

 

Jiyong POV

 

 

I'm on the ground.

 

 

Face-flat.

 

 

And nearly powerless.

 

 

I had just killed Lechy-Dara. Is it wierd that even though I knew it wasn't the real Dara, I still had trouble killing it off?

 

 

Yea... It's probably wierd.

 

 

Even though I am extremely tired, I just remembered Youngbae's state.

 

 

I slowly push myself off the ground, and when I finally am able to stand without my legs getting all wobbly, I walk (more like trudge) to Youngbae.

 

 

He was on the base off a tree: bow in hand, the other on his chest. His eyes seemed out of focus but I still knew that he was still staring straight at me, his exhaustion was just making it harder for him to keep his eyes open. Truth be told, I am currently like that too. I reach out to him, and he grabs my hand. I slowly pull him up, as I examine his wounds. He had a huge gash underneath his armpits on both side. A couple more on his arms and legs. A few scratches on his face. He looks extremely beat up. 

 

 

I look at him and smile.

 

 

" What's up?" I say to him, to lighten the mood. 

 

 

I pull him towards me and gave him a hug. He starts to cry, so I start to pat his back to comfort him. Unfortunately, the world has started to fade again, I black out. And I'm pretty sure Youngbae just did,too.

 

 

No One's POV

 

 

Youngbae was still crying on Jiyong's shoulder, when he started to feel Jiyong start to fall to one side. Since he was still in Jiyong's hold, Youngbae fell along with him.

 

 

"Jiyong-ah? Quenchana?" Youngbae asks, as he pulls out from Jiyong's hug. He was on top of JIyong due to the fall, so he quickly rolled off of him and kneeled by his side. He decides to let Jiyong rest, and that he deserved a rest, too.

 

 

He sat back down, his back on the base of the tree and slept with his head in between his arms and knees.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then someone stirred from their slumber. She slowly got up, trying not to topple over. When she finally regained full consiousness, she went into panic. She started to look around extremely fast. She finally gained sight of the person she was searching for. Youngbae. She runs to him. In the middle of her run she quietly transforms into a beautiful girl who looked just around the age of 8. She was in a white high low dress, and her straight hair with bangs were a deep red. When she runs up next to Youngbae, she quickly checks his pulse. When she feels the faint beating of his pulse she calmed down. She then went to examine his cuts and bruises, of which he had a lot of. 

 

 

She noticed some green goo on one of the gashes he had underneatch his armpit and understood that if wasn't washed off soon, it could poison Youngbae.

 

 

She effortlessly carries Youngbae on her back and started to walk to the river, when she suddenly stopped and accidently dropped Youngbae. She finally noticed the other body next to Youngbae. It was Jiyong. She recognized him from Youngbae introduced his friends to them when they had met each other in the forest.

 

 

She notices that JIyong also had his share of cuts and bruises, but it wasn't as much as Youngbae. Or it was just her prioritizing Youngbae, more. 

 

 

Again, she effortlessly puts Youngbae on her shoulder, then drops down again to pick up JIyong and put him on her other shoulder.

 

 

She quietly walked towards the river and laid them down on the bank. She starts to tend on Youngbae's wounds first before moving onto Jiyong's. Neither of them stirred in their sleep, too exhausted, physically and mentally, to even think about waking up. 

 

 

She finishes tending to their wounds around two hours later. She decides not to wake them, and just spent the whole afternoon staring at Youngbae's face. She soon started to fall asleep again, and slowly turned back to her original form with her face right in front of Youngbae's.

 

 

Youngbae's POV

 

 

I slowly woke up, fluttering my eyes open. I start to see a figure in front of my face, before I realize it was Ji-Eun's. Caught off-gaurd, I quickly sit up, in a shock. After a look around I remembered what had happened, but there was still one question.

 

 

How did I get from there (the tree) to here (the river bank)?

 

 

I look down onto my body, to see that all of my wounds have been taken cared of. I then look down at Jiyong's sleeping figure and see that his wounds had been taken cared for also.

 

 

Who could've done this?

 

 

I asked myself. I suspiciously glance at Ji-Eun, but quickly dismiss even the mere thought.

 

 

It was right around sunset so I decided to wake Jiyong up. He was relunctant at first, but after realizing the time he bolted up, out from his sleep. He then starts to pat his pockets.

 

 

"Dude, what are you doing?" I ask as he continues to search for something, now through his bag.

 

 

He finally pulls out a golden hand mirror before letting out a relieved sigh.

 

 

"Thank god..." He says. I peer over the mirror to see what he was looking at.

 

 

"What's that?" I asked.

 

 

"Our only chance of finding the others." He answers.

 

 

"Woah, let me see!" I say as I try to grab the mirror out his hands. But when I touched the mirror it burned me so I quickly pull my hand away.

 

 

"Oww... what was that?" I ask tanding to my hand.

 

 

"I don't know... I guess i'm that only one that can touch this." He says.

 

 

I start to feel something around my legs, and I look down to see that Ji-Eun had woken up and was now purring against my legs. I slowly bend down to pat her head.

 

 

"Hey." I hear Jiyong say. I look up.

 

 

"Yeah?" I answer.

 

 

"We should get going right now." He says to me.

 

 

"Why?" I asked. "It's nearly sunset we should just take a rest here, and search for the rest tomorrow." I suggest.

 

 

"As tempting as that sounds, we shouldn't wait too long to save the others. Right after saving you, the next persons life we have to save's worst nightmares start to torture them. So the more time we take, that more they suffer. Just like you did." He explains to me.

 

 

Well, that can't happen. I don't want any of our friends to go through what I just did. Or anything worse.

 

 

I stand up and look Jiyong into the eyes.

 

 

"Then let's get moving. Where we headed to?" I ask, now eager.

 

 

"Well, the mirror says that the closest person to us is back at the maze. It's not far, we could probably get there just before it turns really dark." He says. I turn to look into the mirror. I saw a map, zoomed into a certain area. It located where we, Jiyong and I, were, and had an 'X' where I guess is where the next person were locating is at. The distance between us didn't seem that bad actually. It seemed only a couple miles away.

 

 

"Then what are we waiting for? Ready Ji-Eun?" I ask looking down to her. She looks up, seemingly happy, so I took that as a yes.

 

 

"Let's go then." Jiyong says, as he picks up his bag and his sword as we start to journey back into the maze.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

Annyeong Yeorobun! Because of the comments I recieved on the last chapter update, as promised I updated today Wednesday Nov. 27. This is just a short transition from Youngbae's story to the next person's story. As you read, there is a mystery girl now. I but you guys can figure out who that is, I made it PRETTY obvious. Comment, if you think you know who it is. I would like to thank fanficsgalorepurple_beefict21onpm and kimchan for kindly commenting last chappie, and silent readers you should thank them too! They got me to write earlier thanks to their comments! If you guys want faster updates you should comment too. For the next chapter, I'll be nice and only have you guys five me 3 comments for me to update on Saturday November 30, because I have a 4 day weekend thanks to Thanksgiving day. I was gonna go with 4 comments but like I said I'll be nice. But more than 3 is good too! It's even more motivation for me to write a good chappie.

To fanficsgalore and kimchanyou guys commented but you didn't specify whether or not you would like to participate on voting on who should be saved next and remember that is still open, so would you please tell me if you guys did want to or to not participate on the voting? Please tell me!

Well that's it. Remember, 3 comments for an update on Saturday, November 30, or you won't get it until December 4. 

If you are in America, enjoy your Thanksgiving, and to everybody else enjoy life.

Silent readers please don't be silent anymore grow a voice and post a comment!

Annyeong!

-MichiDago <3