The Rescue

Illusions

Chapter 21

The Rescue


 

Chaerin's POV

 

I turned my head to see my saving grace.






 

Seungri oppa.






 

"Get off my cat! YOU. STUPID. TIGER!" I heard him say.

 

This shook me from my fright. The tiger had jumped off of me and changed his target to the Rat. But before it could even reach Seungri, another figure had tackled the beast to the side.

 

It was a red medium sized wolf. Its fur is shiny and it's every move was graceful.

 

I had managed to crawl away from the spot the tiger had held me at and I was now cowering on one of the walls of the room. Seungri then ran to my side of the room and kneeled down to my level.

 

"Yah! Quenchana?" He asked with a panic stricken face. "You're injured... Oh my GOD! You're INJURED!" He screamed. He looked away from me and looked back at the wolf.

 

"Ji-Eun!" He said before he whistled for the wolf's attention. Ji-Eun? I remember that name. It as one of the wolves that Youngbae oppa had introduced to us in the forest awhile back.

 

Speaking of the wolf, it was also overpowering the tiger that was twice it size. Ji-Eun was way faster than the tiger which surprised me, because I have experienced the tiger when it was in battle mode. That also scared me because then that would mean that the wolf would also be more powerful.

 

When Seungri whistled for it, it quickly turned it's head then ran towards our direction, leaving the large tiger on the floor.

 

"Quick. Get up." Seungri said as he helped me get up. He then helped me get on the wolf.

 

"Ji-Eun take her to Jiyong hyung." He said as he patted the tiger on its head. Then he turned to me.

 

"You'll be safe soon. Just let us take over the fight. You've been fighting by your selves for awhile. You should also take care of Minzy. She was screaming your name when we got to her outside." He said.

 

"Is she o..." I was about to ask before he interrupted me.

 

"I'm sorry Chaerin, I can't talk right now. Ji-Eun take her away from here RIGHT NOW!" He said as he then mumbled a quick curse and aimed it at the tiger.

 

That was the last thing I saw before Ji-Eun went full speed and brought me down stairs, and outside the house. When we exited the house there I saw Jiyong oppa swinging his flaming sword in the air.

 

Ji-Eun  had bought me by a tree where Youngbae oppa was talking to the tree. She quickly put me down and the wound I had gotten a while back before turning back into the house, probably joining Seungri oppa fight the tiger.

 

I touched the cut on my face and feel it quickly healing.

 

I then turned to Taeyang oppa and ran to him.




 

Minzy's POV

 

I was now sitting on the base of a tree.

Quickly after the tiger had changed course, it had gotten tackled by Jiyong oppa and Taeyang oppa had picked me up and placed me here.

 

“... Oppa?” I said when I recognize him.

 

“Hey. You’re ok. No more reason to scream, ok. We’re here now. Oppa’s can handle this.” He said as he was running me to safety.

 

“Oppa… Chaerin...’’ I said still out of breath from screaming unnie’s name over and over again earlier.

 

“Chaerin is being taken care of her in the house, she’s ok and will be here in minute after Seungri can distract the other beast.” He said as he picked a tree on the outskirt of the house’s front yard.

 

“Hey. You’re ok, right?” He asked me while shaking my head left and right. “No major injuries right?”

 

I shake my head no, unable to find my voice. Other beast? There’s only one of the as far as I can recall and that was the one that was fighting with me and tore unnie’s leg off her body.

 

He looked at me straight in the eye with worry.

 

“Why are your eyes blue…?” He asked me.

 

“Blue?” I blurted out. But then it seemed as if oppa got distracted. He quickly looked behind him and stood up.

 

“Chaerin!” He said as he gave the air a hug.

 

“Unnie?” I said.

 

“Minzy?” I heard unnie’s voice say from nowhere in particular.

 

Taeyang oppa then grabbed something the air, too.

 

“Chaerin, your eyes are blue, too.” He said.

 

“Oppa! Where’s unnie? Who are you talking to?” I asked him and I start to tug at his pants.

 

“Oppa. I just heard Minzy’s voice again! What’s going on?” I heard unnie’s voice again. It seemed like a shout but the voice was restricted and quiet.


“Hyung!” We hear in the distance. “Now! Now! I need your help now!”

 

“I’m sorry guys, I really want to help out with your situation right now but I have to switch positions with Seungri. I’ll be right back. Hopefully, sooner than later.” He said as he ran off, towards where Seungri oppa was swinging his scythe in the air and a wolf was walking towards us, limping.

 

 

He first ran up to the wolf and said some words to it before it patted it’s head and whistled. The sky suddenly darkened and a giant bird came sweeping down low enough from the ground for Youngbae oppa to jump on it’s back and towards Seungri oppa continuously shooting bows at the air. Some were even on fire!

 

 

“An Eagle?!” I heard unnie’s voice again.

 

 

“Unnie! Where are you? Unnie!” I screamed again to nowhere in particular again.

 

 

"Chaerin..." I heard Seungri oppa say as he was limping towards me, bleeding in many places.

 

 

"There just small cuts.... Do you think you can fix them?" He said ashe turned to something and started to lean.

 

 

"Oppa!" I yelped afraid that he would fall, but he seemed to have rested upon something. Hlf of his body seemed to trn shiny.

 

 

"Yah. Rat. Hang in there." I heard unni's voice say again. His body was then dragged to the base of the tree and made to lay down. He looked up to nothing in particular again.

 

 

"Chaerin... You have blue eyes...?" He said confused.

 

 

 

 

Seungri's POV

 

Chaerin has managed to drag my sore body fromfighting with that tige. It just didn't seem to stop or get injured except for when Ji-Eun was fighting it. But then it would healup really quickly.

 

 

When I lookup to get a good look at Chaerin and tell her wht to do I notice something. She has blue eyes.

 

 

"Chaerin... You have blue eyes...?" Blue eyes... Blue eyes... Where have I heard of that kind of thing before...?

 

 

I then turn to Minzy and look at her eye. Hers were blue, too.

 

 

"Oppa..." She says to me. "Do you see Chaerin unnie? Just like Youngbae oppa? 

 

 

That made me sit up.

 

 

"Maknae... You can't see her? She's right here." I point at Chaerin. But she only looked at the direction I was pointing at with confusion.

 

 

"Oppa. You see Minzy? Where is she? Where is she?" Chaerin then began to ask. Then everything seemed to come into place.

 

 

"Wait so minzy.. You can't see chaerin. And Chaerin you can't see Minzy?" I said.

 

 

"I guess so... You and Youngbae oppa have seen her, but I can't even properly hear her..." Chaerin says to me. 

 

 

"Then I know what's going on." I said. 

 

 

There was a magus on te loose.

 

 

"We need to tell Youngbae hyung, right now." I say. "Chaerin. You know how to heal small cuts can you do that for me. Then I'll quickly heal Ji-Eun and I'll go warn Ji hyung and Bae hyung."

 

 

"Ok." Chaerin said as she begins to tend to his wounds.

 

 

"Minzy. Come here." I said gesturing Minzy towards me. "I'm going to tell you this right now. Magnus are rare monsters that fool people to feed off there fears. At the moment your fears had been to not be alone. It created an the tigers as an illusion t scare you both. And to make the fear greater it shielded your eyes from each other so that it made you think you were both alone. The tigers aren't attacking you right now because the magus isn't strong enough to fool both off you and the four of us. You both were its min targets but now it has a limit and can't find you in it's range so be sure to stay right here and the tigers won't attack you. The farther you are from here the more you'll feel each others presencebut don't seperate from us you could get into more trouble." i said as Chaerin was finishing up my cutsandbruises. These kinds of wounds may hve only taken me one spell to heal but Chaerin is not capable of this type of spells, so it must've drained her in numbers magically.

 

 

"Here oppa."She said out of breath. "I'm done." 

 

 

Proud of her I give her a peck on the cheek. She blushes.

 

 

"Thnk you Chaerin. Stay safe.The both of you." I said quickly as I ran towards the injured Ji-Eun and say a quick spell to heal all of her cuts. 

 

 

Ji-Eun quickly sits up and I manuvuer myself to get on her back. 

 

 

"I'll be right back." I said to the girls then we ran tpwards the 'battle-field' .

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong POV

 

 

I've been fighting wih this monster for forever. I keepinjuring it but it's injuries just don't seem to last. Knowing I was unable to cause it some great damage I have focused on keeping it distracted from Youngbae. I have created a bunch of fireballs that are swirling around me, protecting me from danger. I feign pain to keep the tiger distracted.

 

 

I was abe to look around and see Seungri running back to us completely healed and I quickly feel more refreshed by the second. 

 

 

"Seungri!" I yelled.

 

 

"Hyung! I know how to defeat these guys!" He yelled at me.

 

 

"Really!?" I yelled getting distracted, the tiger then noticed my faltering protection and dived in to land a big scratch on my arm. I screamed in pain.

 

 

"Hyung!" I heard Seungri as I pulled my act together and strengthen my barrier. My fire raised, scaring the tiger. 

 

 

"Seungri! I need you!" I yelld. As he came on Ji-Eun's back, I opened up my barrier to let him in. 

 

 

"Hyung!" He says as he jumps off her back. He takes a look at my face then says a quick healing spell that slowly eased the pained and closed the cut back again.

 

 

"Thanks." I said to him. "Now how do we get these things? Everthing we do, it just seems to shrug off." 

 

 

"Hyung. That's cuz they aren't real. Their illusions created by a magnus. We just have to find him and defeat him then these guys will go away." Seungri said.

 

 

"I can find the Magnus. Stay here and curse that stupid tiger." I say to him.

 
 
"Okay hyung." 
 
 
I put down my fire shield and run to the girls, avoiding attacks from both Youngbae's battle and Seungri's battle. When I get there I give both girls hugs.
 
 
"Thank goodness you're both ok. Dara would've killed me if she knew you got hurt." I said.
 
 
"Dara unnies here?" Both of them ask at the same time. This brought my mood down.
 
 
"No... I'm just saying that..." I sayto them.
 
 
"I'm sorry oppa." Chaerin says to me where as Minzy just stays quiet.
 
 
"Anyway we have to find this Magnus quickly before all of us run out of magical power. Minzy i need you." I say. Her face brightens up. I then notice that they both have blue eyes.
 
 
"Did the magnus do this to you?" I say pointing at there eyes.
 
 
"Neh... But we're ok. We guess.I mean te only thing is that we can't see each other, and we can also barely hear each other. But nevermind that what do you need help on oppa?" Minzy siad to me. Chaerin nodded to her words.
 
 
"Well, for one thing magnuses can't fly, so I was kind of hoping that you could help me by sensing where you think it could be." I said to her.
 
 
"Well, I have been feeling a presence in the house. But it was from a place that shouldn't have existed from behind the walls of the living room." She says to me. 
 
 
"Tht's all the information that I need." I said as I give her a pat on the head and ran for the direction of the house.
 
 
"Seungri! I know where he is! Stand by to help me!" I said as I pass him and Youngbae. 
 
 
When I reach the hole in the side of the house I quickly slash down one off the walls and see therewasnothing there. 
 
 
I slash down the next wall to see nothing there again. 
 
 
And I finally reach the last wall. And it took one swing to slash down the wall. I get a good look at the magnus's face before a bunch of shadows suddenly come for me and start to attack and the Magnus takes this time to run away.
 
 
"Young! He's... Running... Away..." I managed to say as the shadows begin to choke me.
 
 
"I've got you." Youngbae says as he swoops down above the magnus and lands a shot right into his heart. An the shadows and everythin finally disappeared. 
 
 
I crounch down onto my knees to regain my breath. As it begins to come back to me, I look up to see Seungri and Ji-Eun laying down breathing heavily relieved that the battle is over. I also see Youngbae back onto the ground and petting the giant eagle as it fly away.
 
 
I look over to the girls to see both of them hugging, happy that they can finally each other again.
 
 
Though I had finally gained my breath back, I had also foun out that I had exhausted al of my power and start to black out.
 
 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Annyeong Yeorobun! I have another chappie for you! And now I am back with my system too. 4 comments for an update on saturday and anything less will be an update next wednesday. You can do it. For the past two chapters, I haven't been getting any comments and I felt a sad guys! So please make this little author happy by commenting, subscribing and voting! PLEASE!
 
I sound so desperate there.... Sorry.
 
After, writing this I realize this is extremely long. 2446 WORDS!!! That's a lot compared to the oter chappies I have ever written before.
 
Anyway enjoy the chappie!
 
-MichiDago <3