The Start

Illusions

 

Chapter 13
The Start

 

 

Jiyong's POV

 

 

 

Today's the day. The start of the mission

 

 

 

 

At exactly 6 am this morning. They woke me up gave me a quick bath, changed me and even tied up my (gettingkindoflong) blonde hair. By 6:30 we were out of the room heading to the site of the mission.

 

 

 

The site of the mission was only 15 minutes away and we got there by 6:50. It was an old mansion. The brick was already covered in vines and moss. It was the type of house that screamed haunted but I knew better at this point and we entered even though it probably was.

 

 

 

I was told that everyone else was taken here yesterday evening right after dinner. There were taken so that they could be put into the right locations. I was scared for them, because seeing the type of training we had to go through this week they probably had to suffer more than I have to today. 

 

 

 

When we entered we went straight to basement where there were already people ready to dress me in the proper gear. It was simple nothing a 9 turning 10 yr old couldn't carry. I still had my sword a chest protector, shin pads, arm pads, gloves and a coat. I didn't need to wear anything extremely protective and stuff like knights did bacause they said this was a more of a mental mission. I hated that. The whole week I was taught how to fight with my hands, feet and my powers and they warn me now that in the end the mission will be judged by my mentality at the end of the challenge.

 

 

 

After gearing me up, we exited the room in the basement and went outside. It was a sunny day, even though the challenge ahead it miserably horrible and menacing. the sun was up and skies were blue, and very little clouds were in sight. I was now in the garden. And although the house itself was horribly maintained at least the garden was cleaned up nice. Then again it was suppose to be the highlight of  Le Terrain Mystique, the house was only the entrance of an even bigger field hidden behind it.

 

 

I was now facing a tall bushy maze with a gate guarding its entrance. I look around me and some balls of mist had appeared and the three guards thst had taken me here were now in between me and the gate with the one in the middle having a mirror in his hands. It was a regular looking mirror with the cliche golden surround. It looked exactly like the one I had given Dara on her birthday 4 days ago but this one had more detail into it and surely it was something I could ever afford at this age.

 

 

il_570xN.358719584_hk6r.jpg

 

 

It was simple yet intruiging. The guard handed me the mirror and signaled me to look into it. I bring the mirror up and look into my reflection, but it suddenly misted around and showed the Princess's face on it instead.

 

 

"Byul eomoni." I say to it.

 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyong-ah. Today, as you know, is the day of your mission and you are know facing the entrance to the beginning of your test.  Once you enter you will be shown a map and you will rescue the person shown on this mirror. You will only be in this maze for two of your friends that you need to find and may take with you in this mission. This will mean you will be in this maze for a day or two in this seven day week long mission. After the maze it will be a dense forest and then the hills. You will face obstacles and will have to handle even your own friends fears, so the terrain will change when you get there. Your mission will begin in three minutes. any questions?" She asked.

 

 

"No." I answer.

 

 

"Well good luck, son." She says as she disappears and the image is replaced with a timer counting down the three minutes. Th guards release me from the handcuffs they locked me into this moring after getting changed and walk me closer to the gate. Another guard then stiffly exits the house and walked toward the other guard who was holding on to lock. There was now 2 minutes left on the time. The guard delivers the keys and the guard is now slowly onlocking the many locks enclosing the gate. 

 

 

After 5 of the locks were unlocked 5 more were left with only a minute to spare.

 

 

59... 58... 57... 56

 

 

Two more of the locks came off.

 

 

45..44...43...41

 

 

Then two more.

 

 

33..32...31...30

 

 

And the last one comes off.

 

 

25... 24... 23...22

 

 

They open the door and slowly walk me to the entrance.

 

 

15... 14...13...12

 

 

I was now 2 feet way from the entrance and I take my sword out and prepare to enter.

 

 

3

 

 

I take a step.

 

 

2

 

 

Another.

 

 

1

 

 

 

And now I have entered what I have thought for this past week to be the Devil's Den.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Annyeong Yeorobun! I wasn't planning to post today because unfortunately I wasn't able to get as much upvotes as I wanted but I did get a whole lot more subbies from my last chappie around 5 or 4 sorry all I remember was that I had either 27 or 28 and now I have 32. So thank you to the subbies and feel free to comment!. I did get the comments that I wanted though! Thanks to fict21onpmieqa3101, and purple_bee for the comments. 

Oh and also to my faithful subbies and friends, for this mission I am taking request on who Jiyong should find first! I already have the first one in my head and I am contemplating on who should be saved next. If you want to be part of the decision comment and I'll message you the choices! Please participate! You'll get to be part of the story too :) Ok since i got subbies instead of votes last time I'll change the req to 3 new subbies and at the very least 3 comments (Because i still want to have people help vote for who shall be saved second!) Thanks for reading! Sorry for the cliffie!

 

Annyeong Yeorobun!

 

-MichiDago