Team Work?

Illusions

Chapter 25
Team Work?

 

 

 

Seunghyun P.O.V.

 

 

 

I was awaken by a scream which sounded like Jiyong's. I wasn't able to focus my vision quickly enough to recognize him yet. Being underground unabled me to get the air that I needed to breath and activate my power. So I was powerless to protect myself from being caged.

 

 

 

When my vision finally cleared after waking up from the slumber that I fell into due to the lack of air, I was then able to see Jiyong and Seungri trying to look for me screaming for my attention, but also gaining the worm's. When I notice that the worm has started to make its way to them I start to panic and start to make any sound that I can with my mouth covered with a piece of clothe and being bounded by my hands and feet.

 

 

 

I crawl to the edge of the cage, not fearing the height since the cage was hanging from the ceiling of the cave. Heights were never a fear of mine, if anything it was like another home.

 

 

 

I start to yell at them them again, and when the finally noticed me their attention was then taken by the worm that was moving at full speed towards them. Seungri then recites a couple of curses just enough to make a wall in between the worm and Jiyong and himself. While the wall was still intact he starts to drag Jiyong to the other side of the dome.

 

 

 

But the worm was quick to revive it self and started to come for Jiyong and Seungri again. But, right when Jiyong was about to create a wall of fire for defensive purposes to giant pieces of rock popped out from the floor on each side of the worm and bashed the worm's head on both sides causing it to get temporarily knocked out.

 

 

 

I turn my head to see Minzy riding a black wolf with orange streaks towards Jiyong and Seungri. Upon arrival, she jumps off the wolf and into Jiyong's arms as the wolf turns its attention to Seungri to give him a big on the face.

 

 

 

During their small reunion I notice the worm start to bury its way underground, and the gang notices too. Minzy then jumps off of Jiyong and then a low rumbling starts in the dome, she yell something to Seungri and he moves a little bit, when suddenly the worm pops back out from the same spot Seungri was just at a moment ago. He then began to run back to the group.

 

 

 

The worm was back at the center of the dome and starts to make its way to gang with speed. When suddenly Youngbae and Chaerin pop out from one of the domes exits and Youngbae jumps onto the worm and land right around the creatures ears. He then takes an arrow that was on his back and stabs the creature in its ear.

 

 

 

The worm begins to squirm violently causing Youngbae tp fly off of it and slam his body on the dome walls, and start to free fall from 30 feet off the ground. Luckily right before he touched land the wolf was able to catch him and bring him to safety. He was brought to Minzy and Seungri, where Seungri immediately started to scan his body for injuries and heal them and Youngbae was quickly back on his feet.

 

 

 

But this incident only started something in Jiyong; it ignited something in him.

 

 

 

His eyes turned a bright orange and cried in anger, before unsheathing his sword from his back and lighting it aflame.

 

"Hey! No one! and I mean no one! Messes with my friends!" I hear him say. He then makes the tip of his sword touch the ground and run around the worm in a circle. Wherevever his sword toucched a balzing flame 10 feet tall began to stand.

 

 

 

I take a look back at the rest of the right around the time where Minzy pulls up thick walls of stone from all around to create a barrier around them. Then I take a look back at Jiyong.

 

 

 

Jiyong always manages to impress me. Most elementors were only able to manipulate our elements but he was able to create his fire. Most fire elementors needed a catalyst to start their fire, luckily for air, earth and water elementors our element was everywhere we go, although water elementors mey have trouble using their powers at the desert.

 

 

 

Maybe it was the demon blood that allowed Jiyong to be different but even then it wouldn't make sense. See, Jiyong isn't fully a tri-body. In fact, he's only a quarter demon. His mother was the full tribody of the family. I only fully understood Jiyong's lineage when I had asked my father back when he was still in this world why Jiyong was only friends with us.

 

 

 

He explained that once in the past Jiyong's mother was the envy of all women and the heart breaker of all the men. She had a stunning beauty to the point where it could only be described as either angelic or demonic. My father, Jiyong's father and Jiyong's mother were all best friends when they were younger. When they all became of age to marry, many suitors appeared before the three of them, but at the time my father and Jiyong's father only had there eyes set on Jiyong's mother. Obviously Jiyong's mother only had eyes for Jiyong's father. but my dad didn't mind for soon after he was able to meet the love of his life, his mother.

 

 

 

But all the other women in the village was unable to get any suitors for since when their men laid eyes on Jiyong's other they would get infatuated and decide not to go through witht their arrangments with their women, but do whatever they could to woo Jiyong's mother.

 

 

 

Then when one of Jiyong's father's suitors, a rich lady found out he was to wed to another woman, she then searched high and low to find any information she could about his mother that could've possibly corrupted the towns view of her. Then after Jiyong's mother gave birth to a baby girl, Jiyong's older sister, she found out Jiyong's mother's "dirty little secret".

 

 

 

Jiyong's mother's mother was a demon of seduction which she said was why all the town's men were so "in love" with her. After two years of planning to take action against the beautiful woman, the women of the village finally decided to get rid of her. They hanged Jiyong's mother and her daughter that had inherited her mother's great beauty was to be hanged also, but Jiyong's father did a good job hiding her along with a new born baby boy that was born not a week before his mother was hanged.

 

 

 

Jiyong's mother was not only beautiful though she was also a great fire elementor possibly one of the best in there time, that when she was hung before she dropped to her death a great fire appeared and she yelled, "If I am to die, I will die in my own terms.". She then plummeted herself into the fire.

 

 

 

Many say that she died and when the fire finally died no one found her body, because it had already turned into ash. Other theororized that she never really died and just disappeared with the fire.

 

 

 

I then asked my father, whatever happened to Jiyong's older sister, and he said he didn't know. All he knew was that one day when Jiyong was two and his sister was two, Jiyong's power started to appear but it was so strong he accidently lit the house aflame. His father was able to save him, but they never found his sister in the fire. Some say she was taken by her mother so she can teach her the ways of using her beauty to woo others, but that was one of the parts of the rumors that didn;t make sensee either.

 

 

 

All the women in the village had said that Jiyong's mother the demon of seduction had taught her daughter everything that she was "able" to do, but Jiyong's grandmother wouldn;t have been able to do that for she had died right after her child was born.

 

 

 

 

Jiyong's grandmother was, yes, a demon of seduction, but she had fallen for Jiyong's grandfather and bore his child, but right after the demon king found out that she had given birth to a tri-body child he burned her on the spot. Jiyong's grandmother wasn't even able to hold her daughter.

 

 

 

Another question that popped into my head was that why would the demon king punish Jiyong's grandmother when tri-bodied children were bore all the time to the point where there was a big enough kingdom that were filled with their kind. Why only jiyong's grandmother?

 

 

 

I was brought back to reality when suddenly there was a knock on my cage and there I see Chaerin hanging upside down from a ladder that was connected to the dome walls. I smile at the sight of her and she smiled back.

 

 

 

She was quick to grab the bars of the cage and let her feet fall from the ladder that was preventing her to fall 50 feet to the groung. This sudden action scared the air out of me but when I see that she was safely standing in the outside of the cave, I breath of relief escaped from me. For if she died there, Seungri would've cursed me for my next 10 lives.

 

 

She quickly brought herself to the cage door and create a key that just fit the door. She smiles at me before she steps away from the door and opens it.

 

 

 

When she was safely in the cage she lunged toward me and gave me a big hug.

 

 

 

"Oppa!" She exclaimed into my ear. She then quickly releases me from her hold then begins to untie the ropes that bounded me. Then she took off the piece of clothe around my mouth.

 

 

 

"How is everyone else doing? You got here with ladders!?" I ask her since I wasn't really paying attention to them since all my attention was still on Jiyong.

 

 

 

"Yes oppa, my arms hurt. Molla, oppa. I was too concentrated on  not falling..." She says sadly then I look out of the cage just to see Minzy, Taeyang, Seungri and the wolf flailing their arms to get our attention right oustide of Jiyong's big flame.

 

 

 

I then look at Chaerin. "We need to get down there now." I look down back at Jiyong and see that his movements have slowed down and his blazing fire wasn't as strong as before. "Jiyong isn't gonna last long down there."

 

 

 

"Well we could always climb back down. The ladders I created are still here." she answers at me with hopeful eyes.

 

 

 

"Well as much as I think that that's a good idea, it takes to much time. But I think I may just have a plan." When I mentioned that her plan was a little time consuming, her eyes drooped in disappointment but the moment I mention a better idea she looked bcak at me with anticipation.

 

 

 

"Well although there isn;t much aor down here, I think its just enough to free fall towards the gang and land safely."  I said as I give her a smile. She gulps down at what I think os pf the thought of free falling at 50 feet. But after some thought she finally brought it to herself to nod at me and say a small okay.

 

 

 

"Great." I said as I try to give her a reassuring smile.

 

 

 

I then lead hr to the open cage door, looking down I realize that if we free fall here we would fall straight in to the middle of Jiyong's battle ring with the worm who is now in fact heavily injured. I then turn back to Chaerin, "If we fall here we'll sent straight into battle. We're gonna have to start swinging the cage to the direction of the group and when were at its highest point closest to the group, that's when we jump." I say, looking at her straight in the eye to assure her that I know what I am doing.

 

 

 

"But how are we going to make the swinging motion, oppa?" She asks me. Well if we keep running back forth in the cage and when were starting to get high we just sway to the direction, then we jump. That sound like a plan?" I say. She nods. "Ok, then. At the count of three, we run to one side together then run back. OK?" I ask her.  She stays silent but she holds my hand and nods.

 

 

 

"1... 2... 3!" I count down then begin to run.

 

 

 

After developing a good swing I bring Chaerin towards the door and just begin to sway with the cage.

 

 

 

"You ready!?' I yell to make sure she hears me.

 

 

 

"Ready as I'll ever be!" She yells back as her hair covers her face.

 

 

 

"Great! Jump at the count of 3! 1!" I yell.

 

 

 

"2!" Chaerin yells.

 

 

 

"3!" We yell together and jump. I grab her body and put her on my chest as we begin to fall making sure she doesnt see were she's falling. Then as soon as I begin to sense ground, I gather as much wind as I can below me and Chaerin until it covers us in a gaint ball. Right before we fall to the ground, our fall began to soften and when we touched the ground it was as if we were delivered there softly by a cloud.

 

 

 

When I open my eyes, I feel Seungri pull Chaerin out of my arms and holds her face in between his hands to chack for any injuries while Chaerin sobs crying oppa over and over again. Youngbae and Minzy were looking at me, since I was still dizzy from trying to find and manipulate the air in the dome, using up most of my power. I see and somewhat feel Youngbae's hand lightly slapping my face to keep me awake and as I turned to Minzy I see her crying her eyes and snot at. I start to smile as I realized my vision wasn't as blurry as before.

 

 

 

Understanding that I was fine Youngbae, Minzy, Seungri, Chaerin and the Wolf were beginning to smile too.

 

 

 

I slowly sat up, smiling back at them.

 

 

 

Hey, take your time getting up, man." Said Youngbae. He gives me a hand to make it easier for me to get up.

 

 

 

"Thanks." I say as I properly sit up. When I was finally upright, Minzy gave me a big hug while the wolf nuzzles its head on my shoulder.

 

 

 

"Uhmm..." I say as the wolf's presence begins to make me uncomfortable. "Who's the wolf?"

 

 

 

Youngbae speaks up. "Oh, she's Ji-Eun. She belonged in the pack that saved us back in that forest."

 

 

 

"Ahh.. But why isn't she there now?" I ask him. He sadly turns his head to the side while rubbing his head. Then Minzy spoke up for him.

 

 

 

"Don't mind her though, oppa. Ji-Eun means no harm. She was just looking for another group for her to call home since she doesn't have one anymore. Kind of like us. So, treat her like one neh?"

 

 

 

Understanding what she meant, I nod my head as I raise my hand to pet Ji-Eun. The wolf replied by nuzzling it's head on my hand.

 

 

 

"Have anyone of you thought of an idea of how to help Jiyong?" I asked.

 

 

 

They began to look at each other apologetically.

 

 

 

"Really?! None of you?" I asked them shocked. "Not even you Youngbae?"

 

 

 

"Mianhe hyung. I was looking out for the younger ones..." He says to me. 

 

 

 

"Then that's alright. But since you all don't hve a plan we'll just use mine." I tell them.

 

 

 

"But, oppa... Why do we need to help? Jiyong oppa is doing just fine." Chaerin tells me.

 

 

 

"Because... This power is only here because he's on a high at the moment. The moment he realizes he doesn't need to be showcasing this much power, or the moment he runs out of energy all this will disappear like it never happened." I explain. "But, right now, I don't think he has the ability to listen to anything we have to say him right now. So we have to think of a way to manipulate his instincts to finally finish off this monster. And I think I have the perfect plan." I smile at them.

 

 

 

"Well, since none of us seem to have a better plan, we might as well listen to you hyung." Youngbae replies, all of them smiling back at me.

 

 

 

"Ok, I'm not  gonna take my time to explain it since we have no idea the limit of Jiyong's power, so we have to get into action now." They nod back.

 

 

 

"Youngbae, got to that end with Ji-Eun and just wait for my signal. Chaerin and Seungri I'm gonna need on stand-by and be ready to help anyone that seems in trouble. Minzy stay right here with me." Chaerin and Seungri start to run to where I pointed out they should go. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wait. Hyung what am I supposed to do when you give me the signal?" Youngbae asks me.

 

 

 

"Well, when I give you the signal i'm going to use up the last ounce of my power to prevent the fire from going to high so you and Ji-Eun could just jump over it. Then when you get inside you make a chase for Jiyong without getting noticed then picking him up then throwing him over the rock wall that Minzy will create." He nods and throws himslef over Ji-Eun and rides to the place that I told them to go. 

 

 

 

In my plan wherever Youngbae is entering from is where Jiyong has his back to him. 

 

 

 

"So, Minzy after hearing that are you ready to do what your supposed to."

 

 

 

"More than ready oppa." She smiles at me.

 

 

 

"Then let's do this." I say as I trn to every and give each of them a nod. 

 

 

 

"Youngbae now" I yell as I beck to take the oxygen away from the fire that Jiyong created. Apparently it wrorks because then I see Ji-Eun easily jump through the wall of fire. That single move by me sent me onto my knees.

 

 

 

Nobody's P.O.V.

 

 

 

After Seunhyun gave Youngbae the signal, the wall of fire in front of Youngbae lowered until it was only blazing at the hieght of 2 feet, just enough for Ji-Eun to jump through. Luckily, when he jumde through he was behind Jiyong and Jiyong was not able to realize that his fire was tampered with since Minzy was able to create 4 big rocky walls around the worm to cage him. She also made sure it couldn't escape because she made sure that the ground beneath the worm was impenetrable.

 

 

 

Seeing that Youngbae's job was now way easier, he jumps in quickly and starts to make a run for Jiyong. But when he was right behind Jiyong, JIyong turns his head to his direction, but Youngbae already had picked up Jiyong and had an arm around him.

 

 

 

Then Youngbae throws Jiyong with help from Ji-Eun. 

 

 

 

But before Jiyong was able to reach and see the worm he turned and  blew a great fire towards Youngbae and Youngbae had nothing that could've protected him. Bur, right before the fire hit him a great purple transparent wall appeared between the fire and Youngbae. He turns his head towards Seungri who was now with Chaerin hanging on her made ladders. 

 

 

 

Jiyong was now over the worm and when he notices the worm he changes his target from Youngbae back to the  giant creature. 

 

 

 

The worm was already weak Jiyong's breath of fire was thn able to get rid of it permanently, but he was also using the last amount of power he had.

 

 

 

Since Youngbae was off Ji-Eun's back she was able to go around the roack walls and catch Jiyong right before he was about to touch the ground. 

 

 

 

Jiyong's wall of fire disappeared when he ran out power and passed out so Seunghyun was able to now see what was accomplished. Minzy then finally put down her walls of rock when she was able to make sure the worm was dead, and he saw what e wanted to see.

 

 

 

A dead, burnt worm.

 

 

 

Plan Successful.

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Annyeong Yeorobun! I'm back! ... temporarily... But i'm back for the time being. So please I hope you enjoyed this chapter one of my longest chapters so far with just over 3400 words so yay! I hope you enjoyed this! I'll be back in hopefully a week, so wait til then. Shoutout to ctyrnbobz for this chapter, because it was your comment that got me back to writing. Thank you for making me feeled missed :)

See you later! Please don't forget to comment and subsrcibe! and maybe upvote....

Annyeong Yeorobun!

-MichiDago <3