She's...dead?

Boyfriend's Girlfriend?

They eagerly waited outside of the operating, fingers crossed and prayers held on to. There was silence. Nothing but silence looming in their air.

Suddenly, they heard rushing footsteps coming close to them. He reached a sudden stop in front of the worried and scared people, only to be ignored.

Minwoo took a peak at who he was and was shocked.

Why is he here? Could it be.. Minwoo, the only one who actually noticed him, thought.

He was about to open his mouth and ask what the guy was doing there when the other guy suddenly spoke.

"YAH! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?!" He shouted, tear threatening to fall. Everyone, shocked by the sudden noise, just looked at him with wide, swollen eyes. He felt horrible seeing their faces like that but pushed it aside. He didn't want to feel sorry, he wanted an answer. Why wouldn't anyone give it to him.

"Is no one gonna answer me?! Are you guys deaf?!" He said through clenched teeth, his nails leaving moon shaped marks on his palm. Finally, one of them stood up, walked over to him and took his hand.

"Jin-oppa, please calm down." Hyeshin pleaded and he finally broke down. Hyeshin pulled him in for a hug before bring him to where she sat before.

Still with shock, Jeongmin decided to open his mouth and ask.

"You're..." He tried but the rest of the words won't come out of his mouth. He knew that if he continued talking, he would just break down as well.

He finally calmed down and looked at Jeongmin.

"I'm Jung Jinyoung, Kyomin's brother." He stood up and bowed.

So that's why he's here... Kyomin never really talked about her family, before.. Minwoo thought, piecing the puzzle together.

"Can anyone please... tell me what happened to my sister? Without Appa and Umma around, it's my responsibility to take care of her... I promised them yet... and I thought she was just..." Once again, he broke down. Hyeshin rubbed his back and slowly explained everything. She choked on her sobs as she continued but managed to end her sentence. Everyone listened to her as she told them about an incident they never knew about.

 

~Flashback~

 

That day, I walked with Kyomin to school. It was after the issue came out about me and Kyomin being in a relationship with celebrities.

As soon as we entered the school, the rants and gossips got louder; each word slapping us across the face. They were really mean comments.

'I bet that Kyomin just wooed our Jeongmin-oppa.. Maybe she even used her body!' One girl ranted.

'and you know that new girl, Hyeshin? Tsk, she just came back to this country yet she already has the face to do that? Putting Jonghyun-oppa in such an issue-- Aish!' The other girl pretended to fan herself.

'Eh? I thought she was with Youngmin-oppa! Did you hear about Minwoo-oppa being involved with that Kyomin girl?'

'OMG, even him?! Wow, what a ! Both of them! No wonder they get along well.

My blood boiled at what they said. They have no right to say that since they don't have any facts if it were true or not! I was about to attack that one group who ed about us but Kyomin stopped me.

"Unnie, no. Just... leave them." She said with a low voice and head down. I softened when I saw her like that.

"Kyomin-ah.." She looked up at me, her face covered with tears. She forced a smile and took my hand.

"Don't worry, Unnie. Everything would be fine." She said before walking away to her class.

It worried me that she's alone in her classroom. With Boyfriend not around that day, Minwoo wasn't there to protect her.

Soon, it was finally Lunch break. No one in my class dared to say anything.. From the months I've been in Korea and this school, they already know my true colors.

I waited at our usual spot but... there was no sign of Kyomin. I decided to look for her, then. I was about to run around the school but stopped at my tracks and thought.

'Where would I go if I were Kyomin...' I thought deeply and suddenly remembered that Kyomin likes going to the bathroom before going to the cafeteria to eat.

I quickly ran there. As I expected she was there. I heard her voice.

I was about to open the bathroom door when I heard someone scream. It's not that I was scared of those people, I was scared of seeing what might be happening to her.

"Yah! What? Can't fight back without Minwoo-oppa's protecting you?" A girl yelled. After that, I heard sobs. Her sobs. I shook in rage as I slammed the door open, scaring the particular group.

"What do you think you're doing, huh?!" I quickly pushed past them and went beside Kyomin. She had a huge red mark on her left cheek, a bruise on her right cheekbone, and a bleeding lip. I gently touched her face and she winced. It hurt me seeing her like this... Broken and very fragile. I enveloped her with my hug and comforted her, trying to make her stop crying.

Suddenly, one of the girls pulled me up harshly on my collar, making me let go of Kyomin.

 

 

 

Without her notice, Youngmin clenched his fist and put his head down; hiding the tears that were falling.

 

 

 

I glared at the girl and she scoffed.

"Omo~ She's glaring at me~ I'm so scared~!!" The girl playfully said, making her friends snicker. I harshly held her arm that was holding on my collar, shocking her. She quickly replaced her shocked face with a smirk.

"Let go of my uniform. I don't want your dirty hands touching me." I said sternly and her smirk faded. I smirked this time, glad that what I said, worked on her.

"Who knows what could get those dirt off? Tsk." I added and she tightened the grip on my colar, choking me.

"Shut up! Who do you think you are?!"  She lifted her other hand and slapped me, sending me to the wall beside me. I touched my face but was shocked that I felt... nothing. I was numb with anger.

I smirked and looked her again with eyes burning with fire. What surprised me was that she had a smirk too. She signalled me to look to my right and I saw one of her friends give one more blow on Kyomin, kicking her on the stomach. She coughed blood and fainted right after. My eyes widened and the smirk from my face, disappeared.

I was about to run to her side when one of the girls held me. The other girl then started beating me up, too. By the time she was done, I had blood dripping down my lip and bruised body.

"That's what you s deserve." They said before laughing. I laughed along and they were shocked.

"Hahaha! We're you staring at the mirror when you said that? Because I really agree! That's what pathetic girls would tell themselves when they're jealous of someone." I slowly stood up, still numb with anger. I cracked my knuckles and neck, feeling more better after it. I was still numb though. And they made it worst by pissing me off more.

I slowly glared at one of them and in a blink of an eye, she was down on the floor, clutching her stomach. I took them down, one by one, leaving them on the floor, clutching their face, their arms, and even their private area.

"You-- You won't get away with this... We'll get you... Both of you..!" The girl who slapped me, said. I looked at her with a smirk before pretending to kick her again. She whimpered and my smirk grew.

I carried Kyomin out of that place and brought her to the nurse's office, my consciousness slowly fading. Gladly, I reached the office.

"Hello, how may I--- OMO! What happened here, Hyeshin?!" The nurse asked me and I used my last strenght to put her down on one bed before fainting myself. That day, I brought Kyomin to her house and texted Umma that I was staying at her house for the night.

 

End of flashback

 

Everyone was shocked at what she told them. Suddenly, the doctor came out of the operating room.

"Patient Jung's family?" The doctor called out and they stood up, surrounding the doctor.

"Doc, how is she?" Jinyoung asked, scared of what the reply would be. It scared him more when the doctor looked down and sighed.

"We're sorry but we really tried. The patient also fought till the end. We're really sorry." The doctor bowed.

Everyone started breaking down. Hyeshin stumbled to her seat and Youngmin followed her, enveloping her in his arms.

Jinyoung was comforted by Donghyun and Hyunseong while Minwoo was hugged by Kwangmin. Only one of them kept their place in front of the doctor...

 

Jeongmin.

 

He was shocked to even move. He held onto the doctor and started shaking him.

"No! She can't be dead!" He yelled before breaking down.

"Wait.." the doctor said with a confused look.

 

~~~

Annyeong readers! How was it? Was this chapter too sad? x'D

I decided to update today since I can't sleep. I kept on waking up every 5 minutes and the story started flooding my thoughts. xDD

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! ^ ^

btw, today, Jan. 3rd, is my brother's birthday. =) Too bad we can't celebrate it with him since he's already with God but I still wish him a happy birthday! ^ ^

Anywho.. Comment, ne? =D