A Matter of Magic (Junho) requested by ily2pmandgg

The Beauty Hyoyeon (Request!) CLOSED/Busy Finishing Requests :)

Written By: MurasakiMasquerade

Looking around my bedroom, all I saw was a mess.  I can't help that I am such a slob, but I just can't motivate myself either. Mom is going to freak when she sees this. Clothes sprawled across the floor to the point that the floor is no longer visible, books and pens cluttered on my desk, empty glasses that were once filled with tea and water sit along my nightstand, and chargers for many different devices were tangled and clumped in a corner. I discreetly and slowly shut my door and closed my eyes. After inhaling a deep breathe, I cleared my mind and visualized the mess. Before long, the objects began to slowly moved on their own. Clothes picked themselves off of the floor and moved into the closet or into my hamper, the pens rolled right into my desk drawer and the books stacked themselves into a neat stack. The chargers untangled themselves and made their way into my drawers of my nightstand. Sadly, the glasses I will have to take care of myself. Soon, my room was spotless, except for the glasses on my nightstand. Then, there was a knock at my door.

"Hyoyeon," said my mother as she opened the door to my room. I quickly sat on my bed and gave her a nice smile. As she entered, her dark brown eyes scanned my room with suspicion. 

"Good morning," I said. Then, my mother sighed and shook her head.

"You used your magic, didn't you," she said with disapproval in her tone. I put on my best "I don't know what you are talking about" look and shook my head. Unfortunately, I'm not that great of a liar. "Hyoyeon," my mother chided. "You know you are not allowed to do that." 

"Relax, mom," I said as I stood up from my bed. "No one saw it." I started grabbing some of the glasses from my nightstand. My mother shook her head and moved to grab the last couple of glasses and we both made our way to my door. "What's the point of having magic if you cannot use it?" We walked down the hall and placed the glasses in the sink.

"It's dangerous Hyoyeon," said my mother. "Others with take advantage of you." Now it was my turn to sigh. "I will clean these up, you get to school." I nodded my head, went to my room, grabbed my backpack, and went to school.

My mother owns a bakery and we live in an apartment above it. It is a great commute for my mother, but unfortunately for me it means that I am available to work everyday. After school, I come home, change out of my school uniform into jeans and a tshirt with the bakery's logo in the upper right corner, and work the shop. My mother does the baking and I do the customer service. The only other employee is Jaehyun, who usually mans the store-front when I am at school. I was at the cash register counting the money when a customer entered the shop. It was a classmate of mine named Junho who was still dressed in his school uniform. He is handsome with hair as dark as night, but he typically keeps to himself and only talks when necessary. I have only heard him speak a couple of times, but I have never had a conversation with him before. He slowly walked into the bakery and started to look at the cupcakes my mother made this morning that were sitting in a display case. Jaehyun walked up to Junho with a smile on his face. 

"May I help you?" he asked. Junho slowly turned towards Jaehyun with no expression on his face. Then, his hand reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, folded piece of paper.

"I need these," he said as he extended his hand with the paper towards Jaehyun. With the same smile on his face, Jaehyun took the paper from Junho, unfolded it and read it. Junho returned to looking at the cupcakes.

"No problem," said Jaehyun as he moved to grab the items from the list. As he came close to me, he murmured, "why can't he grab these himself, it is not that big of a store." I shrugged and Jaehyun shook his head. Something on the list was placed on a higher shelf and since Jaehyun isn't that tall, he grabbed his little step ladder that he always uses to reach it. After he climbed to the top step, he reached for one of the little glass jars. Suddenly, the step gave out of Jaehyun started to fall. He instinctively reached for the shelf, which wasn't strong enough to hold him so it collapsed as well. Jaehyun fell to the floor with glass jars coming down above him. I didn't mean to use my magic, but it just happened. With my magic, I shifted the jars in the air so they smashed to the ground beside him with their contents splattered across the ground and none of them fell on top of him. Immediately, my eyes shifted towards Junho, but he disappeared; he was nowhere in the store. Panic started to well up inside me. Did he see? Did he notice? My attention turned towards Jaehyun, who had his eyes shut tightly and his arms were shaking. Did Jaehyun notice? My mother came running from the kitchen with flour all over her apron and her hands. 

"What happened?" she asked. Her eyes saw Jaehyun on the floor surrounded by glass. "Jaehyun don't move." I moved from the counter to the edge of the glass area. "Hyoyeon, grab a broom, we must clear the glass." I reached for the broom behind the counter and started to sweep the glass away from Jaehyun. Once I cleared a path, my mother rushed to Jaehyun and pulled him up into an upright position. "Are you alright?" Jaehyun started to cough hysterically as he started to breathe normally again. His hand began rubbing his back, which is where he landed. I continued to clear the glass with the broom.

"I was grabbing a jar of blueberry jam for a customer when my step ladder gave out," wheezed Jaehyun. "I accidently pulled the shelf with me, but it was a miracle that none of the jars landed on top of me." I winced after hearing those last words and glanced towards my mother, who was giving me a very disapproving glare that could have burned a hole right through me. I am in big trouble. My mother helped Jaehyun up, who was glancing around the store. "Where did he go?" 

"He must of been scared by the commotion," I blurted out. Jaehyun just shook his head. 

"I guess my effort was wasted," he said as my mother shuffled him towards the back of the shop. "Now what do we do with that list of his?" 

Later that night, I was sitting at my desk studiously completing my homework when my mother walked in. She placed a gentle hand on my shoulder and gave me a gentle squeeze. 

"I'm sorry for interrupting," she said softly. "But we need to talk." I, reluctantly, rose from my desk chair, moved to my bed, and sat down. My mother sat down beside me and took one of my hands. "Hyoyeon," she began but I cut her off.

"What was I supposed to do?" I yelled in anger. "Was I supposed to just sit back and watch him get hurt?" Frustration consumed me as I just could not stand to hear another lecture about magic from her. She just stared at me as I blew off steam. 

"I know how hard it is to just sit back and watch," said my mother. "Especially, when you have the ability to save someone, but it is dangerous." I sighed as I let her continue. "Someone can take advantage of you and your power, just like what happened to my sister." My heart began to sink as I was reminded of the story of my aunt. I was seven when a dangerous man discovered the special ability of my aunt. He somehow got a strong grip over her and was able to control her every move. He used her magic to the point where is consumed them both. They were both destroyed by her magic. I shuddered from the thought and I saw tears start to form in my mother's eyes. "I can't lose you, I have already lost my sister." Now, the tears began to fall from her cheeks. My arms wrapped around her as I tried to comfort her with my embrace. 

"It's okay mom," I said. "I won't let that happen." Her arms hugged me in return, and the two of us stayed in each other's arms for a long moment. 

The next day, I arrived at school and saw Junho leaning against the wall a couple of feet from our classroom door. My feet immediately stopped walking and my heart began to beat faster at the sight of him. Did he see? That answer kept running through my head, as I tried to act as normally as possible as I walked towards the door. His eyes fell on me and before I reached the door he stepped in front of me. My heart began to beat faster. Without a word, he grabbed my wrist and started dragging me down the empty hallway. I could now hear my pulse in my ears. Where is he taking me? I didn't object as he dragged me to an empty classroom. As soon as we entered, he released my wrist and checked to see if anyone was in the hallway. Then, he closed the door. 

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked. Junho remained with his back towards me. The silence began to grow between us as I waited for his answer. With each passing second, panic grew inside of me. 

"I know what you have," said Junho with his back still towards me. Now, I was practically hyperventilating.

"I don't know what you are talking about," I said as I tried to keep my voice as calm and as smooth as possible, but it still sounded somewhat shaky. Then, the desks and the chairs of the room began to lift into the air. This was not my doing. My heart was beating hard against my chest as I began to realize this situation. Junho then turned towards me with a small smile on his normally expressionless face. 

"I have it too," he said. Then, the chairs and the desks slowly lowered to the floor. I stared at Junho as I became a complete loss of words. He then opened the door and walked out of it. "Class is starting soon." His face became expressionless once again as he left to go to class. I couldn't move; I was paralyzed. Never in my life have I ever met anyone else who has magic. My mind slowly processed what just happened when the bell rang signalling class was beginning. Crap! I ran to class.

The entire day of school, I couldn't focus. My eyes shifted towards Junho constantly, who held his expressionless facial expression as his attention remained on the teacher. Once the day ended, Junho immediately packed up his stuff and left. I hurriedly packed up my stuff and sped after him. It wasn't until I reached the front gate when I finally caught up to him. I grabbed him by his arm and pulled him towards me. His face held a hint of surprise for a moment before it went back to its expressionless form. I glared at him.

"You just can't reveal something like that and just walk away like everything is normal," I lectured him. He just shrugged and remained silent. I groaned with frustration. "We need to talk." 

Somehow, we ended up at his apartment. It was the only safe place where we could talk. If I brought him home, my mother would freak. I called her and gave an excuse that some of my friends wanted to go shopping so I wasn't going to work. She said to have fun and not to stay out too late. Junho lives alone. His apartment is small and cozy, but it really only suits one or two people. I sat on a cushion at his low table as he was preparing some sort of tea. His place looked completely bland with no pictures, no color, and basically no signs that a person actually lives here beside the furniture. He placed a cup of tea in front of me and then took a seat across from me. 

"I'm sorry," he said. "I usually don't have guests." I shook my head and gave him a small smile.

"So you live here alone?" I asked as I grabbed the cup of tea and took a small sip. It was the perfect temperature with a delicious sweetness. It took some restraint to not just gulp it all down in one go. Junho nodded his head. "Don't you have any family?" He shook his head. "Sounds very lonely." Junho remained silent and expressionless. My heart began to feel heavy as I felt sorry for him. I could not imagine living by myself. "I have never met anyone with magic before, have you?" Junho looked down at the table. 

"My brothers had magic," he said softly. After hearing the word "had," a pit grew in stomach as I regretted asking the question. I didn't dare ask what happened to them despite my dying curiosity to find out. Silence began to grow between us and I started to feel the awkwardness so I asked another question.

"What can you do?" Junho just shrugged.

"I can move objects," he answered. I started to feel disappointed because that is all I can do. "I can also fly." I immediately perked up.

"Fly?" I asked with excitement in my voice. "You can fly?" He nodded his head with his face still expressionless. Then, his body started to lift into the air as he remained in his sitting position. My jaw dropped as he was floating in mid-air right in front of me. A small smile formed on his lips. He then lowered himself back to the ground.

"You can too," he said. 

"Me?" I asked. Then I started to feel myself float into the air. My stomach dropped from the sudden movement. He lifted me into the air smoothly and solidly. Then, he lowered me back to the ground.

"It is basically moving people," he said. 

"I guess I have never thought about trying that before," I said. I then closed my eyes and began to clear my mind. My only focus was on lifting myself off of the ground. Nothing happened. I opened my eyes and sighed with frustration. Junho gave me a small apologetic smile. 

"It takes time," he said. "Your magic ability can grow if you practice it enough." I nodded my head as I processed his words. It makes so much sense. I guess my magic is a lot weaker than his because my mother doesn't let me use it. Grabbing the cup full of tea, I gulped down the rest of it and then rose from the table. 

"I have to go," I said as I started moving to the door. "I will be back tomorrow." I said this right before I shut the door and before Junho could reject it. 

For the past two weeks, I have been going over to Junho's apartment for a couple of hours after school. I told my mother that I was studying with a classmate for the upcoming exam. She said that it was alright and to study hard. I feel kind of guilty lying to her, but if I told her the truth she would freak out. I mean, Junho and I were kind of studying, but it wasn't schoolwork we were studying, we were studying magic. Junho was teaching me other tricks and abilities that I could do with my magic. It was about two weeks when Junho finally asked about my mother.

"Does your mother have magic?" he asked me while I was taking a break from trying to lift myself. I was sipping on some water and nearly choked on it when he asked. His face held no expression as always, but I saw something earnest within his eyes. I took another gulp of water before I answered. 

"No," I answered. "I inherited it from my grandmother." Junho nodded his head.

"Why does she want you to hide it?" I hesitated before answering as the story of my aunt came to mind. Fighting back the tears and I lowered my eyes to the floor. 

"Someone found out about her ability and decided to take advantage of it," I answered slowly. "Her magic destroyed them both." Silence began to grow between us. I tried to calm myself as I kept my eyes to the floor. Then, I felt something lift my head up and Junho's face appeared inches from mine. Again, his face was expressionless, but I saw the worry in his eyes. My heart began to beat faster at the closeness of his face to mine. Am I falling for him?

"Come with me," he said as he took my hand and pulled me up from the floor. He led me to the roof of the apartment building. The dark sky loomed over the two of us with the bright stars scattered across it. 

"What are we doing?" I asked. Junho just smiled one of his rare smiles and took hold of both of my hands.

"Just hold on," he said.

"What?" I said right before we started lifting into the air. I immediately felt the exhilaration as the roof of the apartment building was sinking farther and farther away. My eyes scanned the lit buildings that were now far below us. We soon slowed to a stop at a point in the sky. Speechless, I kept my eyes on the ground below us with adrenaline pumping through my veins. With his hands grasping my own, I did not feel afraid. I turned towards Junho and found his eyes on my face. My heart began to beat fast again as our eyes connected. Am I falling for him? Again, that question popped into my head. I soon found myself leaning closer to him until our lips were an inch apart. Realizing what I was doing, I immediately backed away. "I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." Then, his arms wrapped around me and pulled me close to him. He smiled one of his rare smiles again as he lowered his face to mine and kissed me. It was soft and sweet.  His lips were warm. Then, the wind began to pick up and blew cold air around us. We broke apart and started laughing. The sound of his laugh was an even more rare treat for me to hear. I wrapped my arms around his waist and placed my cheek on his shoulder. "Thank you, this is amazing." I felt his cheek lean against the back of my head as his arms tightened around me.

"I'm glad you like it."

And that is how our magical romance began.


Hello Everyone :)

I hope you all enjoyed the story written by my coauthor :)

I also hope that you all are having a fantastic day today and I do apologize.  I was suppose to update earlier but I have been so busy moving.  

Hopefully I will have the next update ready soon and I hope that you all will conitnue to support us.  

We both thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for all of your support and love <3

Love you all!

-HyoBeautyeon

tumblr_n4jbp61zuI1sk21suo1_400.gif

Now onto some y Junho gifs ;)

tumblr_mdaudnJSQQ1rjrwp2o1_500.gif

tumblr_msmu4toyZb1rd8tw4o1_500.gif