Demon Beside Me (Kris) requested by: DarkShadowedKisses

The Beauty Hyoyeon (Request!) CLOSED/Busy Finishing Requests :)

Written By: MurasakiMasquerade

"Thank you so much," said Kai. "I really appreciate it." He stood in my doorway with a handsome smile on his face. 

"No problem," I said. "I'm glad that I could help." I stood with my arms behind my back shyly. 

"Well, I will see you tomorrow," he said as he walked out the door. 

"Yeah, see you tomorrow," I said and I closed the door. Feeling giddy, I stood with my back against the door and a smile on my face.

"Why are you so happy?" grumbled my sister Seohyun as she walked by. Before I could answer she cut me off. "Nevermind, I don't care." She left the room. I went to my own room and starting cleaning up my books.

"I don't like him," said a voice. Startled, I jumped and almost dropped one of my textbooks. I turned around and glared at Kris. He laid casually across my bed while flipping through one of my notebooks. I put my hands on my hips and glared.

"Don't scare me like that," I scolded him. "You know how I hate it when you just appear out of nowhere." Kris shrugged.

"I just don't like him," he grumbled.

"Well, your opinion doesn't matter to me," I said. "Besides, the two of us were just studying." Kris shook his head.

"I don't trust him," said Kris. "His intentions are not very pure." I sighed and slammed my books on my desk. 

"I don't care what you think," I shouted at him. Then my door suddenly opened. 

"Who are you shouting at?" asked Seohyun. I looked over to the bed and Kris was gone. 

"No one" I said. "Just talking to myself." I gave a little nervous laugh as she stared at me suspiciously. 

"I always knew you were weird, but not that weird," she grumbled. I smiled at her as she left my room. 

"Whew," said Kris as he appeared from my closet. "That was close." I glared at him as he just smiled. 

"That was your fault," I said as forcefully as possible without being too loud. I then turned my attention back to my books. 

"I wasn't the one shouting," said Kris as he held up my notebook. I snatched it from him and put the rest of my books away. 

"You made me shout." I then turned around and Kris's face appeared inches from mine. My breath caught as his dark eyes connected with mine. He then smiled his, although I hate to admit it, gorgeous smile and my cheeks immediately flared red. Curse this demon; and when I say "demon" I mean it literally. Due to some sort of deal between Kris and my grandfather or something, I am now stuck with him. I mustered up the best glare I could produce and shoved past him. A low chuckle escaped his lips as I tried to make myself busy and tidy up the rest of my room. 

"Just be careful," said Kris. Rolling my eyes, I turned towards him. His face showed complete seriousness and concern, which stopped me from releasing a snippy reply. He then gave a small nod of his head and disappeared for the night. 

 

The next morning, I stood in my school uniform in front of my mirror and frowned. My hands tugged at my skirt, picked at my collar, and through my hair. They then fell back down to my sides and I sighed deeply. "Well, this is as good as it is going to get." Then, I realized the silence within my bedroom and slowly spun around with my eyes looking for that demon, but he was nowhere in sight. My door opened suddenly and Seohyun's face appeared.

"C'mon loser, we are going to be late," she grumbled at me and then she disappeared from my doorway. Grabbing my bag and heading for the door, I looked around for him again before shutting the door. 

The school bells chimed, alerted everyone that class had begun. Sitting in my desk next to the window, I stared out in daze thinking about that stupid demon who didn't show his face this morning. My mind raced through many scenarios as to why he didn't show. I guess I am just so used to him being everywhere that I don't know how to feel about him not showing himself this morning. Then, the teacher walked into the room with a smile on his face.

"Now, now," he yelled over the voices of my classmates. "Please quiet down, I have an announcement." He stood at the front of the room and waited for the room to quiet down. I turned my face away from the window and saw Kai staring at me. His face then gave me a handsome smile and I smiled back. A warm, exciting feeling bubbled up inside me and I turned away. "We have a new student." The class went silent after the teacher said this. He turned towards the door and signaled for someone to enter. The new student entered, the girls in my class gasped, and my jaw dropped. Kris entered the room wearing the male school uniform with a blank expression. His dark eyes scanned the room, and when they fell on me a smirk grew on his lips. I then realized that my mouth was still opened and shut it immediately. The girl sitting next to me, Sooyoung, gasped and nudged my arm hard.

"He is very handsome," she whispered to me. I just continued to stare at him in shock.

"There is an empty seat right there you can take," said the teacher as he pointed to the seat right in front of me. His dark eyes remained on me as he slowly made his way to his seat. All the girls' eyes remained on him. Tiffany flipped her hair and gave Kris a flirtatious smile, but he never glanced at her. He took his seat beside her and she continued her flirtatious smile. Kris finally looked at her.

"Do you need something?" he asked in a cold tone. Tiffany's smile dropped, she crossed her arms, and pouted. I could not pay attention at all in class. As the teacher started to lecture, all I could focus on was the back of Kris's head. Sooyoung nudged me.

"You need to wipe the drool from your mouth and stop staring," she whispered to me. Her pulling me back to reality didn't really help since I was back staring within five minutes. Finally, the school day ended. The bell startled me out of my daze and I packed up my stuff as fast as I could. Sooyoung just stared at me as I literally ran out of the classroom. I made it home very quickly, barrelled through the front door, ran to my room, slammed the door, and fell back against it in shock. Kris has never revealed himself in the public, and him doing that today made me very nervous. 

"Was the back of my head way more appealing than the teacher's lectures?" asked Kris as he materialized on my bed. I just stared at him in disbelief. He then leaped off my bed and waved his hand in front of my face. "Hello? Anybody home?" I slapped his hand down.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He gave me a confused look.

"I thought it was obvious," he said. "I am waving my hand in you face." I shook my head and rolled my eyes.

"I meant today at school," I said as I placed my hands on my hips. Kris raised his hands in the air in defense. 

"Can't I just have a normal teenage experience in high school?" I just glared at him. "Alright, my intentions are not that simple."

"Or pure," I grumbled as I placed my backpack on the floor and plopped into my desk chair. Kris just shrugged his shoulders and smiled. I sighed as I pulled out my books and began to focus on homework. Kris plopped onto my bed and placed his hands behind his head. I glared at him. "Do you have any intentions of taking school seriously? Or are you just going to be a slacker?" Kris smiled at me and shook his head.

"Already finished," he said with great pride in his voice. I stared in shock.

"How?"

"Well, I am a demon," he said. I shook my head.

"I wish you could do my homework," I grumbled as I turned back to my desk.

"Now that would be cheating."

"As if you cared."

 

The next morning, I woke to no sign of Kris again. After dressing in my uniform and grabbing my bag, I headed for the door. Seohyun said something about meeting someone and left earlier than me. I walked out the front door and found Kris waiting out on the street. His handsome smile grew on his face when he saw me. I stopped immediately.

"Ready to go to school?" he asked.

"Oh no," I said as I sped past him. "We are not walking to school together." Kris caught up to me and easily kept pace with me. 

"Why not," he asked innocently. 

"I saw the way my classmates looked at you," I huffed. "Being seen with you will be trouble." 

"Well then, I don't want to cause you trouble." Then Kris disappeared. Startled by his sudden disappearance, I jumped a little bit and looked around to see if anyone saw. Relief washed over me when I saw nobody. When I arrived at school, I saw Kai waiting outside the classroom. I walked up to him and he smiled once he saw me.

"Hey Hyoyeon," he said.

"Hi," I said shyly as I tucked my hair behind my ear. 

"So I was wondering if you would help me study again tonight," he asked. I felt excitement rise up inside me and a huge smile spread across my face. 

"Of course," I said. "I would love to help."

"Great," said Kai. "So I will meet you after school." I nodded my head and Kai smiled. He then opened the door and gestured for me to enter. 

"Thanks," I said and then I entered the classroom. The moment I entered, I felt his dark eyes on me, and they weren't very friendly either. I avoided eye contact as I made my way to my seat.

Once the bell rang and school ended, Tiffany and some of the other girls literally dragged Kris out of the classroom with silly grins on their faces. Kai stood up from his desk and came over to me.

"Ready to go?" he asked me. I nodded as I rose from my desk and followed him out of the classroom. We walked side by side in the hallway when he suddenly stopped. "Oh I almost forgot, I have to grab something for a teacher."

"Oh okay," I replied feeling somewhat confused. Kai stood with indecision on his face until something hit him.

"Why don't you come with me," he said. "It will only take a minute." I agreed so we set off. Kai led me to the back of the school where the old gym closet was located. He opened one of the heavy, old metal doors and walked inside. I stopped before entering.

"What do you need to grab?" Kai poked his head back out and just shrugged. 

"C'mon," he said as he reached for my hand. "You need to check this out." The moment he grabbed my hand, I felt nervous and not in a good way. I always thought that when someone first took my hand, I would be excited, but I am not. This just doesn't feel right. Kai pulled me inside and shut the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" I asked. There was a click and a small, dim lightbulb flickered to life in the center of the musty, old closet. "Kai." My voice shook as I said his name. Then he reappeared under the dim light with a smile on his face. He placed his arms on my shoulders and pushed me up against the wall. Terror took hold of me and my body became numb. Kai lowered his face to mine, I turned my face away from his and squeezed my eyes shut.

"C'mon Hyoyeon," chided Kai. "You know you want it." Then, the door suddenly flew open and Kai flew off of me; with a loud thud, he fell onto the floor. "What gives?"

"Don't you ever come near Hyoyeon again," yelled a familiar, dark voice. I opened my eyes and saw Kris towering over a timid Kai, who scrambled off the ground and ran out of the closet. With his back towards me, Kris watched Kai run off. I wrapped my arms around him tightly with my face pressed against his back and tears streaming down my face. His tense body relaxed and his hands gripped my own. We stood for a moment before he pulled my arms off of him and turned to face me. His hand lifted my chin so that he could see my face. Tears continued to stream down my face. "Are you okay?" I shook my head and my arms wrapped around him again. This time, his strong arms hugged me back. "It's okay," he said quietly and calmly. "You are safe now." 

 

That night, I laid on my bed with my red, irritated eyes wide open. Inside the dark room, I felt very alone and very vulnerable. The only light came from the moon as it streamed in from my window. I sat up and scanned the room for him.

"Kris," I whispered into the dark room. He immediately appeared at the foot of my bed with his dark eyes filled with concern. I scooted over and patted the space on the bed next to me. "Stay with me until I fall asleep?" Without a wood, he moved over to the side of my bed and laid down beside me. I snuggled closer to him as he placed his arm around me. My head rested gently on his chest. His presence made me feel safer. Thoughts ran through my mind as I remember the events that occurred earlier today.

"What are you thinking?" he asked. I lifted my head so that I could see his face, which expressed curiosity and concern. 

"Will you stay by my side?" I asked him with our eyes connected. A small smile played at his lips.

"Always." With that final word, I lowered my head back to his chest and fell into a deep, calm sleep.


Thanks for reading :)

tumblr_n34f1lPDyj1tv1br0o1_500.gif

tumblr_mk0z1u7zLb1qd3xz3o1_500.gif