Chapter 7

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 7

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I woke up and a not-so familiar environment greeted my sleepy eyes. That’s right, I spent the night at Taeyeon’s house. I turned my head to the side, expecting her to be still occupying it, but found nothing but a neatly arranged surface. Still feeling groggy, I decided to remain on bed for a few minutes before totally getting up.

As usual, one of my arms is raised above my head, but I noticed that the other one is hugging something soft. It’s her “beloved” plushie with a post-it note on one of the green round creatures.  

 

Good morning Jessica-ssi,

 

Sorry for leaving without waking you up. I have school today.  >_<

By the way, I made you breakfast. I put it in the microwave so just reheat it, okay?

 

See you~

 

Taeyeon

 

“That dork…” My lips formed a little smile then I walked over to the abovementioned appliance and saw the dish she prepared for me.

 

 

Seoul High – Taeyeon’s school

“What’s the matter, Taeng? Didn’t sleep well?” My seatmate Sunny, who is also my good friend, asked me cheerfully.

“Kind of…” Was my lackluster response. I burrowed my head onto my arms which are placed against my desk, hoping that Sunny will get the message.

“Yah! Don’t ignore me. Tell me what happened.” Sunny used her aegyo and it made me feel like puking. Seriously, it just made me feel worse.

“Aish! Quit it. You’re not helping at all.” I retorted, without looking at her.

Tomorrow is Tiffany and I’s 7th monthsary. 7 is also my girlfriend’s favorite number so I want our celebration to be extra special. I have a bunch of ideas but in this kind of setup, none of them would work out that well. I wish I could bring her somewhere where we can freely express our love for each other, just for that day, just for that specific day every month.

A dejected sigh escaped my lips for the nth time. Why must everything be always this convoluted?

“Omo! That’s so sweet~” Sunny’s sudden outburst made me lift my head to look to the direction of her gaze. One of the boys from our class was on his knee, while the other supported his arm which cradled a bouquet of red roses as his free hand extended towards the girl in front of him.

“Happy monthsary, my dear princess. I love you so much.” He sounded like a noble English man, and it successfully earned the cheers of the class. Even his girlfriend couldn’t stop herself from blushing madly at his chivalrous actions. Lucky girl? Or should I say lucky man? A pang of envy cursed through my veins when the thought crossed my mind. I wish I could be like this to Tiffany.

“Envious? You should find a boyfriend for yourself.”

“I’m not. I don’t have time for that.” I snapped, my eyebrows furrowing in annoyance.

“What’s going on here?” I heard a husky giggle from behind.

“Fany-ah, Taeng’s being so mean to me. I was just trying to help.”

“Taetae…” Tiffany playfully shot me a glare. I didn’t flinch a bit. That was nothing compared to what I saw last night. “Jessica…”

“Sorry? I didn’t catc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter