Chapter 29

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 29

 

Fifteen minutes had passed but Yuri and Jessica still weren’t back. Taeyeon fidgeted in her seat, eyes kept glancing to the direction of the washroom then on her wristwatch. 

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany spoke up, albeit she knew the reason behind Taeyeon’s action was. 

“I wonder what’s taking them so long. That’s all.” Taeyeon tried to explain calmly. “I’m famished.”

“Sorry, the queue’s quite long.” Yuri apologized as she took her seat. Jessica did the same without saying anything. 

“What happened to that?” Taeyeon pointed at Yuri’s cheek. There was a trace of redness on it, though it wasn’t that noticeable due to her skin tone. Tiffany became curious too and set her eyes on the tan girl’s face. 

Reflexively, Yuri covered the said part with her hand and rubbed it, smiling as she gave her excuse. “Nah, I accidentally hit my face with the door. I’m klutzy sometimes.” Taeyeon quirked a brow then glanced at Jessica, who was quietly browsing the restaurant menu with her usual unreadable expression. 

Something had happened there. Taeyeon thought. She didn’t have a habit of prying but she wouldn’t deny she was curious. 

An hour later, they were done eating. Due to the restroom incident, Yuri and Jessica, although they were each other’s ‘date’ remained wordless as they consume their food. Taeyeon and Tiffany, not oblivious to the tension between the two, felt suffocated in the awkward atmosphere around them. Being a good friend to the two, Taeyeon wanted to ask them both what the problem was but she felt she would be intruding if she did, and Tiffany was there as well. 

Clearing , Taeyeon began, “So, where are we heading next?” 

The double date was Yuri’s plan after all so the tallest girl knew the question was directed at her. “Oh, uh…” Yuri surreptitiously gazed at the blonde girl beside her then at Taeyeon. “Where do you wanna go?” 

“Why are you asking me?”

“Well, I got us four tickets to the amusement park.” 

“Sounds fun. What do you think Fany-ah?” Taeyeon turned to the girl in question. 

“Indeed. That would be fun.” Tiffany retorted with an eye-smile. Since Jessica was sitting across Taeyeon, the short blonde didn’t miss the split-second eye roll made by the former. That made Taeyeon think Jessica didn’t want to go.  

Still high from Tiffany’s tantalizing eye-smile, Taeyeon had the courage to ask the icy maid with an ear-to-ear grin, “How about you Jessica? What do you think about it?” 

Jessica’s face hardened. Why must Taeyeon do such a stupid face in public? Normally, she would snap at Taeyeon in an instant but how could she when her girlfriend was there? Instead, she put on a thoughtful pose, not a cute one, though it was how Yuri and Taeyeon saw it, and coolly answered, “Okay, since I don’t have work today.” 

Elated, Yuri couldn’t help but sigh in relief and then gave Taeyeon an ‘I owe you one’ look. While Tiffany secretly wished Jessica decline the invitation, she remembered Yuri was there. Yuri, Jessica’s date, and she had Taeyeon as hers. 

They headed out of the dining place to the parking lot. Yuri ushered them to her car, a handsome black BMW M3 sedan. Still being careful around Jessica, Yuri, through eye contact, asked Taeyeon to take the front seat but Jessica already opened the door to it. Whether Jessica did it because she wanted to sit beside Yuri or because she didn’t want to sit beside Tiffany, only she knew the answer to that. 

It took them almost half an hour to get to the amusement park. For a weekend, it was surprising that the place wasn’t that crowded. After removing her seatbelt, Taeyeon helped Tiffany to undo hers. Leaning a little forward, Taeyeon noticed that Jessica had fallen asleep. She knew the girl slept like a log so she took the initiative to rouse the girl from her slumber.

“Jess-“ Taeyeon was cut off when Yuri dismissed her with a wave. “You go ahead with Tiffany. I’ll take care of her.” 

“But…” Taeyeon was hesitant for some reason. “Come on, Taeyeon. Let Yuri wake her up.” Tiffany yanked Taeyeon’s hand, in which Taeyeon couldn’t tell if she was just excited to get inside or she was feeling jealous again. 

Feeling a bit reluctant, Taeyeon exited the car with Tiffany and began to walk to the entrance, with Tiffany clinging on her arm possessively, much to Taeyeon’s surprise. Yuri smirked when she saw the sweet display of affection initiated by the religious girl. 

Shifting her eyes onto the sleeping girl next to her, Yuri took the opportunity to admire Jessica’s sublime features. 

“Perfect.” Yuri muttered with astonishment. Although all the girls she had been with were all above average in terms of beauty, Jessica’s had an entirely different effect on her. Aiming to get more of the heavenly sight, Yuri tucked the blonde’s stray hairs behind her ears. 

“Why must you be so painfully beautiful?” Yuri murmured as her eyes traced t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter