Chapter 12

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

“Babo.”  A chilly voice rang through my ears as I felt my body being dragged by a warm figure beside me. I literally couldn’t feel my feet touching the ground but I could feel that I was moving upwards. Everything was blurry and my vision was spinning like a top.

After a few more steps, a sound of a door unlocking alerted my stuporous brain. That didn’t last when we entered that door, a very familiar door.

“You can hold your liquor, huh?” It was the same voice, but of mocking nature this time.

I nodded instinctively as my drowsy eyes narrowed in attempt to distinguish the person in front of me. It was a futile attempt. My vision was as clear as mud.

“Are you even listening to me!?”

I nodded again. And I kept doing the same thing every time that voice asked me a question.

My eyes weighed heavy.

My body felt so numb.

My mind was blank.

My thoughts were incoherent.

And then unexpectedly, a warm, tender thingamabob cushioned my head and my hands automatically grabbed onto them. My lips curved into a dorky smile before my vision went completely dark.

“Squishy.”

 

 

“Oh son of a freaking-!!“  A strident curse was the first thing that came out of my mouth upon waking up as my hands clutched both sides of my throbbing head. My mouth felt so parched, like Sahara Dessert. Hoping to see a glass of water or any potable liquid, I looked to the nightstand and sighed in disappointment when there was none. Groaning in pain and irritation, I lazily got off my bed and trudged my way towards the kitchen to soothe my dehydrated soul.

But before I managed to do that, a horrible, mortifying sight had my eyes mimic those of an owl’s in shock.

It was Jessica’s maid outfit and stockings, lying chaotically on the cold tiled floor of my bedroom.

My bedroom.

“Sweet Mother of Christ. What the just happened?!”

 

 

“Fany will kill me.” For the nth time, I sighed and stared at the ceiling lifelessly. I ditched school today because I got zonked as hell. Most of all, I couldn’t remember what happened after chugging down a bottle of soju. Heck, I don’t even have any idea how I reached my flat in that state. Maybe I used instant transmission?

My head just hurt more whenever I tried to recall things hence I gave up thinking about it for now.

However, the sight below just made it impossible.

I really need to talk to Jessica once I’m feeling better.

 

 

I’m absolutely feeling right now that I should be spending my time recovering, not contemplating whether to text Tiffany or go to the café bar to speak with Jessica – about what happened last night of course.  

Who could be it? It’s probably her. “Sica?” I called out in a low voice.

“It’s me, Tiffany. Were you expecting someone else?” I gasped in surprise and quickly hid Jessica's clothes under my bed before running to the door.

“N-no.” My hand still holding the knob, shaking in nervousness.

“Are you letting me in or what?” The girl outside asked sternly.

“Y-yeah. Sorry.” I opened the door and she immediately stepped in.

“You didn’t go to school today.” She sat herself comfortably on the couch and crossed her arms. Now I feel like a child being scolded by my mother.

“I’m sorry.”

“Mr. Song gave us a surprise test in English.”

“R-really?”

“Aren’t you going to say anything besides ‘really’ and ‘sorry’? You know your grades in English are struggling.” Tiffany raised her voice as she leaned forward with arms akimbo. Scary.

It made me too scared to reply.

“Maybe, we should take a break.” Tiffany let out an exasperated sigh and looked away.

“What do you mean!?”

“Never mind.”

“Come on, Fany-ah. What is it?”

“Now isn’t the best time to talk about it, apparently. Anyway, Mr. Song said that he would give those who were absent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter