Chapter 36

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 36


“What are you doing here?”

“Uh…” Taeyeon stood up and dusted off her pants as she thought of her words. Jessica found her sitting outside of the employee’s door entrance. She was probably waiting there for hours because she noticed Taeyeon was shivering from the cold and she wasn’t wearing any outerwear. She seemed to have headed there straight from school as she was still in her uniform. “I just wanted to see you.”

Finally, after Yuri’s constant nagging, Taeyeon had decided to make a move. Yuri had shared her best tips and tricks with her though most of which didn’t really suit Taeyeon’s style. Yuri’s motto was ‘Strike the iron whilst it’s hot.’ while Taeyeon’s was ‘Slowly but surely’ though most of the time she flopped at the surely part. 

It was annoying, that Yuri had to do it almost everyday. But she did nothing but appreciate her bestfriend’s concern and efforts despite being heartsick. Taeyeon was, too. Except that she didn’t spend nights in night clubs and bars to drown away her sorrows and only return home when you’ve got nothing left to puke.

 It was extremely hard to completely move on when you see your ex five times a week. Taeyeon knew she still had romantic feelings for Tiffany when she broke up with her. But they weren’t enough for her to hold on. It still hurt her whenever she remembered Tiffany’s hurtful words in the past, as well as the treatment and moments she refused to give. In spite of that, Taeyeon also missed the girl because Tiffany had been a big part of her life and she left a space in her heart that no one could ever replace. Thankfully, Sunny always hung out with her at school, and Taecyeon and Kangin too, when they came across each other during their breaks.  

Jessica replied with sass, ignoring the ticklish feeling spreading in her insides. It doesn’t have anything to do with what Taeyeon said, got it? “Oh yeah? Are you done looking? Because I’m tired and I wanna go home.”

Taeyeon let out a tired sigh. How long would Jessica give her the cold treatment? As if the weather wasn’t cold enough already… “Is that so? Let’s go then.”

Jessica stopped on her tracks when she heard footsteps behind her. “What did you say again?”

Taeyeon replied as she tried her best to be not intimidated by Jessica’s sharpening glower. “I said I’m coming with you.”

“Why?” 

“To make sure you get home safe.”

Jessica rolled her eyes. “I don’t remember hiring you as my bodyguard. And what can a short stuff like you do that I can’t?”

Taeyeon flinched at the insult. But she wouldn’t let herself to be affected by that so she grabbed Jessica’s wrist and began dragging towards the road. 

“Let me go!” Jessica pulled away from Taeyeon’s grip and crossed her arms over her chest. “What do you want from me? Didn’t your ‘girlfriend’ tell you to stay away from me? You don’t learn your lesson, do you?”

Taeyeon saw this as an opportunity to break the news to Jessica. “Tiffany and I have already broken up.”

Jessica's face was blank for a while so Taeyeon could tell she was shocked by the news.

“Oh. My condolences.” Jessica tried to sound nonchalant. Her painted eyebrows knitted together as her teeth bit the insides of her cheek in attempt to suppress any display of joy. “But it doesn’t mean she’s the only ‘girlfriend’ you’d have. Maybe I was referring to the busty girl you dined out with last week.”

“What?” Busty girl? Who was she talking about? The only girl she went out with last week was Sunny. But she never really paid attention to Sunny’s assets so how would she know? Now that Taeyeon began to think of it, Sunny indeed had a nice rack. Goddammit. 

“You -obsessed ert.” Taeyeon heard Jessica mumble. Did Jessica just accuse her of having a ?

This had to be only unacceptable insult she received from Jessica. She didn’t mind if she called her short, ugly, stupid, talentless, and the like. But this? A -obsessed ert? Just because she had accidentally and unconsciously touched Jessica in there for, uh, how many times again? However, the point was she didn’t do it on purpose. When would Jessica get that? 

“I’m not a ert.” Taeyeon muttered calmly albeit her ears were already flaming red. Red in annoyance or embarrassment?  Maybe Jessica was just trying to piss her off so she’d leave her alone. 

“Sure.” snorted Jessica and threw her a disgusting look. 

Easy Taeyeon. She’s purposely doing this to make you mad. 

They waited at the bus stop in silence. When they sat down in their seats, Jessica almost instantly fell asleep on Taeyeon’s shoulder. Surprised at the contact, Taeyeon adjusted her head to a more comfortable position and let her sleep until they reached their stop. 

Taeyeon’s eyes never left Jessica’s serene face the entire bus ride. 

+++

“I’ve been waiting for you.” 

“.” Taeyeon heard Jessica curse. A frown carved her face as she gestured at Taeyeon, “Leave now. I’m already home.” 

“I’m afraid you won’t be able to sleep at your so-called ‘home’ until you settle your rent.” A lady in her 40’s said with a stern voice as she extended her palm out, her figure blocking the door to Jessica’s apartment. 

Jessica’s head dropped, embarrassed that Taeyeon had to witness this. “I’m sorry. I’m a bit sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter