Chapter 6

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“What?” I couldn’t believe what I just heard. Did she just offer her place to me?

“I said, you can sleep at my place tonight.” I noticed she kept looking away at me as well. Now I’m not sure if she really wants to help me or she’s just trying to be nice. It’s not that I’m doubting her. We just met yesterday and to offer this kind of help to someone you barely know is kind of unusual, for most people that is.

“Well, if you don’t want to, it’s alright. Do you have any friends to stay with? I could at least help you to go to their place.” Taeyeon asked. The concern in her voice is clearly evident. I just shook my head in response.

“T-then, come with me?”

I didn’t answer. Instead, I continued observing her. Why can’t she look at me while she talks to me? I find it a bit disrespectful.

After failing to get a response from me, Taeyeon let out a disappointed sigh and spoke again. “Okay. I’ll just stay with you. I suppose that’s better than leaving you here alone.”

“Why?”

“Huh?”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Doing what?”

“Offering your place to a stranger…” Is she playing dumb? Ugh. I’m starting to get irritated. Thanks to that disgusting old erted customer.

“… You’re not a stranger to me.”

“I am. You barely know me. We barely know each other.” I stated nonchalantly but I emphasized the last part.

“I…”

“I appreciate your offer though…” With that, I started walking away, not caring where my feet will take me.

I felt something warm capture my hand. I knew it was Taeyeon’s hand, as she’s the only person around, I halted my steps without looking back.

“Please Jessica? I just wanted to help you like what you did last night.” Yes, she called me without honorifics. Her statement made me regret for talking to her like I did when she’s just trying to help.

Slowly, I turned around to face her.

“Fair enough.” I muttered.

She lit up like a light bulb right away, grinning like dork. She looks kinda cute when she does that.

“Hehe. Come on, let’s wait for the bus.” She pulled my hand and guided me back to the bus stop.

And that’s when I realized we’ve been holding hands for quite a while.

Taeyeon didn’t let go of my hand until the bus arrived. I hate human contact, especially the physical one. Since my job requires me to, to socialize, I have no choice but to do it. I’m not at work now and I shouldn’t be letting her be this physically close but I couldn’t deny the fact that it was comfortable somehow.

The bus reached our destined stop and we got off. The entire ride was silent. Neither of us spoke to each other. Maybe we’re just exhausted.

“My flat is over there.” The shorter girl pointed her finger to the opposite direction. It’s a kilometer away from where we are right now. I just nodded and we began walking.

Silence took place again.

“Taeyeon…” I intentionally dropped the honorifics to see if she would react. Her facial expression didn’t change a tad.

“Yes?”

“Are you sure it’s okay for me to stay at your place?”

Taeyeon chuckled a bit. “Of course! Don’t tell me you still want to refuse my offer. We’re just steps away from my flat.”

“No, but I’m worried about your family.”

“Oh, don’t worry. I live alone.”

“Oh.”

“Here we are.”

“Welcome to my humble home!” Taeyeon exclaimed after unlocking her door, that dorky smile flas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter