Chapter 24

I Have Been Blind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 24

 

“Get away from her!” 

Taeyeon’s furious voice alerted the hooded person. The trespasser threw his hands in the air, trying to tell Taeyeon that he was doing nothing wrong but Taeyeon didn’t catch the message as she was influenced by adrenaline at the moment. 

Taeyeon grabbed the stool on the edge of the bed and used it to attack the unidentified figure. Being a few centimeters taller than Taeyeon, the offender easily evaded the attack and caught the stool with his hands and took it from the attacker and threw it to the other side of the room.

“Easy!” The voice came muffled. The intruder was wearing a cap and a mask, completely concealing his visage. 

But Taeyeon was blinded with rage. She kept on attacking the taller figure with anything within her reach. 

“Calm down! I’m not doing anything!” The stranger blocked the things thrown at him and shielded his body with his hands. 

Tired from the enraged girl’s relentless assault, the offender removed the concealing garment and revealed himself, “Goddammit Taeyeon! It’s me!” 

“Damn, she’s still sleeping?” The individual next to her commented as they ambled though the busy streets of Seoul.  

“She must be really that fatigued.” Taeyeon replied as she adjusted the sleeping girl in her arms. Yes, she was carrying Jessica in bridal style as they made their way to the bus station.

“Let me carry her.” The other person offered, noticing that Taeyeon’s arms were tired. 

“I’m fine. We’re almost there anyway.” Her arms grew sore but she knew Jessica wouldn’t like it when she found out she let another person to carry her. Not that she meant Jessica was okay with her doing it.

“So possessive.” 

Taeyeon heard the comment but she was exhausted to retort. When they reached their destination, she carefully brought Jessica to the benches in sitting position and supported her body for the girl was still sleeping. “Wake up, we’re here.” 

“Hey.” Taeyeon shook the blonde gently, rousing her from slumber. “Wake up.” She repeated the action a few more times but the girl remained deep asleep. 

“Wow. She’s a real sleeping beauty, isn’t she?”

“Yeah.” Taeyeon sighed as she watched Jessica breathe in and out. After a while, she felt the maid move closer to her. Taeyeon thought she was already awake but it appeared that Jessica only rested her head on Taeyeon’s shoulder, making her companion chuckle. 

“You know how Sleeping Beauty woke up, right?” Taeyeon heard the figure next to her suggest with a naughty face.

“Shut up.” The short girl warned.

“Why not? She’s your girl, isn’t she?” 

“W-what are you talking about? Can you keep your voice down?”

“You look like a ripe tomato right now.” A teasing laugh came after. “If you don’t wanna do it then I will…” 

Taeyeon shouted and shielded Jessica with her hand as the other was wrapped around the latter’s shoulder for support. “No! Don’t you dare.” 

The taller of the two took a step closer until a groan interrupted their banter. 

“Looks like someone is awake now.” The two looked at the blonde who was rubbing her eyes awake.  

“My name’s KwonYuri. And boy, Taeyeon sure knows how to pick her girl. You’re so hot and gorgeous.” The tan girl said as she inspected Jessica from head to toe. 

Without waiting a reply, Yuri continued speaking and introduced herself with a bow. “Taeyeon has told me a lot about you. I’m so pleased to meet you, Tiffany-ssi.”. 

Her eyes narrowed into slits as she answered, “Jessica.” She wasn’t sure if it was because her sleep was interrupted or because Yuri called her Tiffany. Whichever it was, she wasn’t in the mood for this . 

“Jessica?” Yuri turned to Taeyeon with a confused face.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. “Yes, her name is Jessica, not Tiffany.” 

“Holy ddeokbokki! Not only you have a Tiffany but a Jessica too? Damn, how did you do it? You’ve changed a lot, Taeng!” Yuri slapped Taeyeon’s arm playfully, envying the older girl for having with two pretty girls at the same time. 

“What the hell are you talking about? Jessica is just my friend.” Taeyeon replied as she unconsciously fanned herself. She didn’t know why her cheeks suddenly felt hot. 

“Acquaintance.” Jessica corrected, voice cold as usual.

Taeyeon frowned and lowered her head. “Y-yeah. That.” She always felt heavyhearted whenever Jessica refused to acknowledge her as a friend. 

Yuri laughed then faced Jessica with a rather ‘friendly’ smile. “Okay, I get it now. Sorry about that, Jessica-ssi. But I won’t take my words back, you’re definitely stunning.” 

“Knock it off, Yul.” Taeyeon scoffed at the flirty behavior of her friend. She knew that smile meant something. 

"Why? She isn't Tiffany. And she said you two are just acquaintances." Jessica nodded when she heard the last sentence. Yuri then whispered, “And coincidentally, she’s my type.” 

“WHAT?!” 

Jessica was startled by Taeyeon’s sudden outburst and shot the two a confusing look. 

“Does she know?” Yuri asked in a low voice.

“Know what?”

"That you like girls."

Taeyeon rubbed her nape. "Y-yeah."

"Ooh. What did she say

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter